It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Years_of_Chaos: Maybe your a white supremist?
fables22: *you're.

And maybe I'm not.
WBGhiro: Well couldn't say something like "Fallout 4 is shit" either then.
fables22: No. That's not at all what that means. Think again.
(Emboldened parts are the key.) In all honesty and with all due respect, I think you could tone the condescending a bit down. Of course, I’m not a community manager, so I can’t really say how you should act or react, and I can’t have any impact on your personality; but I don’t think being condescending and using a passive‐aggressive tone is how to make a place friendly—quite the contrary, in fact. I don’t think noting a typo or (apparently) being somewhat offended by (what appears to be) a joke is relevant to this discussion; rather, I think it causes more harm than good.
fables22: *you're.

And maybe I'm not.
Tyrrhia:
fables22: No. That's not at all what that means. Think again.
Tyrrhia: (Emboldened parts are the key.) In all honesty and with all due respect, I think you could tone the condescending a bit down. Of course, I’m not a community manager, so I can’t really say how you should act or react, and I can’t have any impact on your personality; but I don’t think being condescending and using a passive‐aggressive tone is how to make a place friendly—quite the contrary, in fact. I don’t think noting a typo or (apparently) being somewhat offended by (what appears to be) a joke is relevant to this discussion; rather, I think it causes more harm than good.
You are perhaps right, but I really can't think of a nicer way to react to being accused of being a white supremacist. Especially since I've not said anything that would even remotely imply that.
And yes, the slippery slope argument of "if we're not allowed to say this, we're surely also not allowed to say this" does offend me, not just somewhat offend me. It contributes nothing fruitful to the discussion, and, if anything, it's dangerous to the perception of the line between moderation and censorship.
low rated
poor fables, kicking a dead forum filled only with dead souls
budejovice: poor fables, kicking a dead forum filled only with dead souls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3GHkAPerPE
fables22: And yes, the slippery slope argument of "if we're not allowed to say this, we're surely also not allowed to say this" does offend me, not just somewhat offend me.
Well you see though, what some people thoght was a harmless joke you actually took serious offense at.

This is exactly what I meant with that post. You can't please anyone or everyone. So saying posting offensive things is bad means posting anything is bad.
fables22: And yes, the slippery slope argument of "if we're not allowed to say this, we're surely also not allowed to say this" does offend me, not just somewhat offend me.
WBGhiro: Well you see though, what some people thoght was a harmless joke you actually took serious offense at.

This is exactly what I meant with that post. You can't please anyone or everyone. So saying posting offensive things is bad means posting anything is bad.
No, saying "posting offensive things is bad" doesn't mean "posting anything is bad" - that's very flawed logic. But you are right - you can't please anyone or everyone. There's always going to be people unhappy with whatever direction the forum moderation takes. But then again, at this stage, we also have people who are deeply unhappy with the state of the forum now and demand moderation, people who say they're unhappy but in actual fact seem to thrive in the toxic environment, and people who flat out refuse to even entertain the thought of any moderation at all. But does that mean that we should not try and make things better? No, to me, it doesn't. To me it means we need to give it a shot anyways.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/maria-ladenburger-raped-murdered-germany-freiburg-afghan-asylum-seeker-refugee-jailed-greece-corfu-a7477371.html

That subhuman species was imprisoned here, after rape attempt gone wrong against a girl university student. SYRIZA released him on the law enacted by Paraskevopoulos and Greece is at fault for such trash polluting our society and killing our angels, our future, our kids...

From "Sea has no border" to minister's of defense initial threats "to swarm europe with refugees unless you lower the debt", all the way to the government electing new laws to put out of prison activist-terrorists and murderers, before (Romanos, Ksiros), even Syriza youth itself, are in active meddling in unison with rebels and anarchists (skourletis' son was among the anarchists ranks who broke and torched offices of other political parties and they didn't arrest him).

Beware and take your measures; it is a bordello with wide open doors. All the scum of the earth come and go through there and straight into your homes.

But take care or you yourselves will throw your very own tombstones over your very heads:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4004480/Pictured-Afghan-migrant-17-modelled-gangsta-rappers-raped-murdered-EU-official-s-daughter-met-work-refugees.html

Pathetic, sad and pitiful. Blasphemy and sullying of the victim. Now, you will pay them, to rape your daughters and kill your people??? Their entire madhouse of a country will migrate here, then

Let's hope Trump puts an end to the nightmare of EU's external policy, before we all loose our heads. Heck, not even Merkel want more scum going to her before elections and ordered that clown of a prime minister, to make sure she has no new Scum sent over there, until then...

God damn it all, what takes so long for the disgusting monstrosity of a Union to fall into rabble??
fables22: Do you really think this is an OK thing to say on a public forum?
Obviously. Warning fellow Europeans about what to expect and from where those threats come from, is my obligation, as a human being. People may hate me but it is my duty as a human being, to protect others against wild beasts; even if that means i end up being hated. Also, i am in a position to know first hand those news i present others with, especially within this very specific post that you quoted. My aim is not to enrage or hate speech, as certain activists rush to accuse me. My aim is to stop the death spreading and the corpse-counting. My aim is for no other country, other than mine, to degrade into "Other". It is certainly within your rights to apply censor if you want or pressure to me (in the past i willingly followed moderators' urging), but first, you must think what is needed... Pamper oversensitive people with little grasp on reality and sweep the truth under the carpet, or stomach the harsh reality and help others avoid it, before it comes crashing down their door?

I will respect your decision whichever it might be. But i will urge you to respect the lost lives and the martyrs, on the other side of the scales and all. You that have power can only make it matter. Do what you will, but on a basis that you can sleep easy at night... Regards and best of wishes.

Avogadro6: whereas European media are still going for the classic "maybe it was just an accident". So I guess that means it really was an attack, then...
You guessed right. European media are rotten and have a hard on over covering everything up. Even the killer of Ladenburger is now "a poor man who grew up as alcoholic teen and was a drug user"... European press is rotten to the bone, you can NEVER again count on them for any sort of information. It is all a set up.
Post edited December 20, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
fables22: And it's not about having to agree with the mainstream opinion - it's about being able to voice opinions that differ without offending and/or insulting anyone.
The problem is that nowadays it become increasingly difficult to even say "hello" without offending and/or insulting somebody. We live in a time where some are offended/triggered by others clapping in their hands so where do you draw the line.
fables22: And it's not about having to agree with the mainstream opinion - it's about being able to voice opinions that differ without offending and/or insulting anyone.
Gersen: The problem is that nowadays it become increasingly difficult to even say "hello" without offending and/or insulting somebody. We live in a time where some are offended/triggered by others clapping in their hands so where do you draw the line.
People have seriously been triggered by hand clapping?
fables22:
Look, I think I get what you mean. If you implement some moderation at least make some clear goal lines, and not just something like "Please be respectful and not offensive" because ti really doesn't mean anything.
throgh: Stop supporting dictators!
Uhm, I thought that if there's anything US foreign policy has shown in the past decade, it's that as horrible as third-world dictators may be, at the very least they keep their house in order. They're the ones who have kept the murderous fundamentalist lunatics at bay. Look at what's going on in post-Saddam Iraq. Look at what happening in post-Gaddafi Lybia. These dictatorships had nothing on the unspeakable horrors that followed. And these horrors are already seeping into Europe. Say what you will about Assad, I'm glad he's there. He's the last line of defense. What's to happen if the IS takes Syria? Who's going to stop their conquest? Erdogan? Don't make me laff...

throgh: Just help!
The Germans tried to help. Didn't do them any good.
Tyrrhia: (Emboldened parts are the key.) In all honesty and with all due respect, I think you could tone the condescending a bit down. Of course, I’m not a community manager, so I can’t really say how you should act or react, and I can’t have any impact on your personality; but I don’t think being condescending and using a passive‐aggressive tone is how to make a place friendly—quite the contrary, in fact. I don’t think noting a typo or (apparently) being somewhat offended by (what appears to be) a joke is relevant to this discussion; rather, I think it causes more harm than good.
fables22: You are perhaps right, but I really can't think of a nicer way to react to being accused of being a white supremacist. Especially since I've not said anything that would even remotely imply that.
And yes, the slippery slope argument of "if we're not allowed to say this, we're surely also not allowed to say this" does offend me, not just somewhat offend me. It contributes nothing fruitful to the discussion, and, if anything, it's dangerous to the perception of the line between moderation and censorship.
Glad you could see it that way, too.

And, about being accused of some things totally out of the blue: don’t worry about it. Every day, we, on the right side (and even some on the left side who refuse to go with the main flow), are being accused of being millions of ‐ists and millions of ‐phobics; we know ourselves, and we know we aren’t. What do we do about it? We just shake it off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
throgh: Stop supporting dictators!
fronzelneekburm: Uhm, I thought that if there's anything US foreign policy has shown in the past decade, it's that as horrible as third-world dictators may be, at the very least they keep their house in order. They're the ones who have kept the murderous fundamentalist lunatics at bay. Look at what's going on in post-Saddam Iraq. Look at what happening in post-Gaddafi Lybia. These dictatorships had nothing on the unspeakable horrors that followed. And these horrors are already seeping into Europe. Say what you will about Assad, I'm glad he's there. He's the last line of defense. What's to happen if the IS takes Syria? Who's going to stop their conquest? Erdogan? Don't make me laff...

throgh: Just help!
fronzelneekburm: The Germans tried to help. Didn't do them any good.
Nothing is more important then sacrificing everything on the altar of egalitarianism and other mind rot!
Gersen: The problem is that nowadays it become increasingly difficult to even say "hello" without offending and/or insulting somebody. We live in a time where some are offended/triggered by others clapping in their hands so where do you draw the line.
Dismember77777: People have seriously been triggered by hand clapping?
Straight from the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32032291/students-swap-clapping-for-jazz-hands-at-nus-event
Dismember77777: People have seriously been triggered by hand clapping?
catpower1980: Straight from the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32032291/students-swap-clapping-for-jazz-hands-at-nus-event
Do these people live in a white room with no windows and padding on the walls?