It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

70 - Thras - Dwarven Mage bravely (foolhardy?) grabs the top of the chest with the top hat engraved into it and rips it open.
There is a blinding flash and bone-numbing scream, what has he released?
Minutes pass and everyones eyesight returns to normal. There is no sign of what escaped the chest but Thras hair has turned white and is standing on end.

He looks into the chest and sees 8 x healing potion - 4 x cure poison potion - black gauntlets with electricity crackling around them.

7 - Daniel - Human Thief carefully picks the lock on the chest with the Hornet engraved into it. Expertly he waits for the click that lets him know it is safe to open. Before he can lift the lid 51 - Henz - Elf Thief nudges him aside and opens the chest himself.

Inside he sees a silver dagger with rubies in the hilt - a belt with Ogres teeth embedded in the middle. Before he can reach for the items a web shoots out of the Western tunnel, sticking Henz and Daniel together in one big mess.

The web also descend on 17 - Tridris - Drow Necromancer and 46 - Gold - Goblin Ranger as they walk towards the eastern tunnel but glows red and slides harmlessly off them.
Tridris gives a cold look towards the west where the spell was cast.

** 38 - ZyloxDragon - Roy Jenks - Half-Orc Battemage earns the achievement *sticky situation* **
Post edited September 24, 2019 by Doc0075
Korotan: I will ask if anyone want to team up with myself to bring light in this dark godless tunnels.
RedFireGaming: What class are you? I could join you. Meanwhile, I'll check out these chests. The wooden ones of course.

Roark, Elven Druid
Karanos Half Orc Cleric.
62 - Thelis - Human Ranger is sneak attacked by 71 - Gar Dragonlord of Vadenville - Elf Paladin.
His arms are badly cut but his reflexes allow him to turn and parry the followup attack before the deranged Paladin walks away saying "Bye".
17 - Tridris - Drow Necromancer

I'm checking my surroundings with caution and if I don't feel anything wrong from the western tunnel (the way the spell came) I'm walking to chest to check the dagger and the belt (also keeping an eye on the two poor fella in spider web - keeping a distance from them if possible). If I also don't sense anything wrong with them I'm trying to pick them up.

Also telling to Gold: cover me.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by Trid
ConsulCaesar: I certainly prefer to have a Drow fighting on my side than against!
[..] Strigon is the only Drow in the Western tunnel. Perhaps we can find a way to make good use of him -and find a formation to minimize the malus to Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Halflings and maximize their bonus while standing next to Half-Orcs (we've got two) and Goblins.
Loradan was a bit baffled to hear such a suggestion from a Paladin, a type of holy knight usually as righteous towards good, as much as ruthless towards evil. Since when they nonchalantly associated with Orcs, Goblins and expecially Drows?
He was going to object, when suddenly parts of the tunnel crashed nearby the group, covering everyone with dust and, hopefully, not also with rocks.
gogtrial34987: Ok, then I say let's take Aslain take point together with Beldarion. I'll stay right behind, and Kip and Sulibor can stay in back with their ranged weapons.

Given the mayhem currently ensuing in the main tunnels, we move out as soon as our intelligence gathering has resolved (assuming they show all clear). I dearly hope the main tunnels aren't blocked, otherwise there's going to be a flood of people trying to get into our tunnel, and well, I like to think of myself as a pretty nice dwarf, but there's no way I'm nice enough to stay behind and show each of them how to avoid my fire trap!
Could you let me know too please, if I catch you there in time, as I'm "rushing towards the south tunnel" as Doc wrote and I started near the southern tunnels before pulling the chain? Unless he decided your action has resolved first and you're already in by the time I reach the south tunnels.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by Green_Hilltop
17 - Tridris - Drow Necromancer collects the silver dagger with rubies in the hilt + belt.
Her presence releases the two relieved thieves 7 - Daniel and 51 - Henz.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by Doc0075
17 - Tridris - Drow Necromancer

I'm saying to the two thief's: Oh, my little poor fellas, you are lucky that I have an item to dispel such little traps, this time I will make it cheap and as a payment I will take content of this chest. Your luck today is extraordinary.

Also whispering to Gold: and that's why we need a meat shields.

I'm checking the dagger+belt if it can be useful to me.
Post edited September 24, 2019 by Trid
BeatriceElysia: Next turn start date?
Doc, could you please, open new thread every five turns or so, starting with tomorrow? I'm already lost and I'm not using any web extensions to help (or hinder) my GOG site layout.

edit:
Raybur Wolfsktaa - what class are you? Willing to join some fighter or tough character.
I'm Elven druid and Lady Beatrice Eilonwy Giulietta Giselle, but you can short that to Bea E.G.G.
Maybe we need a subforum for this game.
As the dust clears in the tunnels and the various adventurers gather their senses, it becomes clear that there has been no cave-in. Each party prepares to check for traps and foes, weapons at the ready.

I am going to have to leave it there for tonight as I have to be up early for work. It is clear that setting it as 2 days = a turn won't work.
Instead I will judge by progress of all of you as to when a turn ends and a new one starts. I think this will allow the adventure to flow more naturally.
When I log on tomorrow afternoon the first thing I will do (after sorting though the many messages and posts) is address the progress down the tunnels.
Green_Hilltop: Could you let me know too please, if I catch you there in time, as I'm "rushing towards the south tunnel" as Doc wrote and I started near the southern tunnels before pulling the chain? Unless he decided your action has resolved first and you're already in by the time I reach the south tunnels.
If you're here before we've moved on, I'll of course gladly show you how to avoid the trap, and you're welcome to join us, but we're not waiting around!
phaolo: Loradan was a bit baffled to hear such a suggestion from a Paladin, a type of holy knight usually as righteous towards good, as much as ruthless towards evil. Since when they nonchalantly associated with Orcs, Goblins and expecially Drows?
The priority is finding an exit -or well, you know, survive those rocks falling all over the place. We'll have time to fight each other later. Plus, I don't think whatever is coming out of that grate is going to distinguish between ""good" and "evil".

~~~~~~
Siegfried the Human Paladin
Doc0075:
If the tunnels are going to basically become separate adventures, may I suggest starting a thread for each?
ConsulCaesar: The priority is finding an exit -or well, you know, survive those rocks falling all over the place. We'll have time to fight each other later. Plus, I don't think whatever is coming out of that grate is going to distinguish between ""good" and "evil".
Siegfried the Human Paladin
"Cough.. the point is.. cough.. that we can't trust such allies at all, they'll gladly use us a bait at the first occasion. Or kill us just for fun.."
"I'm not saying.. cough.. to attack them, I'd just let them go on their way, so we'll have to worry about one enemy at a time."
Post edited September 23, 2019 by phaolo
@Og'rialt Fine by me. If an enemy happens to be too much, I'll count on trading places with you then.