It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Across the years, Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex series gathered a massive fanbase among the gamers worldwide. Today Dungeon Siege Collection, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided arrive on GOG.COM in all DRM-free glory.

Dungeon Siege Collection (-85%) includes three parts of the cult fantasy RPG series, along with the DLC titled Treasures of the Sun. The Dungeon Siege series was born in 2002 from the Gas Powered Games studio members' passion for the RPG genre. The title captivated gamers around the world with its rich fantasy world, beautiful 3D graphics, and mechanics that were easy to grasp even for the beginners in the RPG domain. It was only a matter of time when the sequel was released in 2005 with the expanded world and a more complex storyline.

Over the years, Dungeon Siege became a cult classic. This led to a movie adaptation of the game featuring Jason Statham and, finally, to the third part of the series. This time it was created by Obsidian Entertainment (veterans of Baldur’s Gate) and published by Square Enix. Released in 2011, Dungeon Siege III introduced gamers to an innovative combat system that made the gameplay even more dynamic and engaging.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (-85%) is also a good example of revamping a cult series. After Deus Ex (2000) and Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003) made a lot of fans thanks to the cyberpunk setting and RPG elements, the series went into a hiatus for nearly a decade.

Human Revolution lets us revisit the same dystopian universe of the future, albeit its story is set a few decades earlier. The world is divided between the supporters and opponents of human augmentations. The main protagonist, Adam Jensen, is a former SWAT member and the head of security at a tech company. He is being cast into the above-mentioned strife after suffering heavy wounds and being biotechnologically enhanced in order to save his life. During the game, the player can expand the main character’s augmentation further, making him even more lethal.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (-85%) further expanded on adventures of Adam Jensen, merging action elements with RPG decision making, that changed the face of the storyline. One of its highly praised elements was the so-called Breach - an alternative game mode set in the virtual world. On top of that Deus Ex series was even further expanded with the successful comics series.

Now you can revisit the fascinating universes of Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex once more, thanks to the Square Enix Publisher Sale on GOG.COM featuring deals up to 89% off until 4th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
Yet again, GOG fails to get the Linux version for a game (that already exists).
So, I'm going to pass on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided until GOG offers a version I can actually play on my PC.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by SilentStorm128
high rated
StingingVelvet: If "the scene" can crack it on the same day, then surely GOG can fix the error. I am 100% sure it is an error given the whole point of the website and someone even saying they're DRM free in this thread.
It's not an error, as for now it working as intended. The scene simply emulated the basic steam signature and validation dlc process to make it work without the client (that's because when it comes to steam games, other than having the actual dlc files you need each DLC ID validated through the client first).

GOG CAN and MUST fix this: there is no excuse for such behaviour, unless this is per SE request, but despite how anti-consumer SE is, I higly doubt they came with these terms on GOG.
high rated
DRM? I didn't ask for this :-P.
Starkrun: All GOG needs to do is say: The below DLC will only work with Galaxy installed, that should cover their butts.
No it should not. The reason why this would be insufficient is because we had been assured, time and again, that Galaxy would always remain optional when it comes to single player content. The current situation breaks this promise. I never used Galaxy and I don't intend to, and right now I'm cut from the content I paid for unless I use the "optional" client. I could've just as well bought the game on Steam if I was fine with this (and yes, I use Steam, just not when it is combined with really heavy DRM).
With that said, I am not refunding this just yet. I am willing to give GOG a benefit of a doubt that all this is an oversight (no matter how significant) and I will wait for an official response. It can be expected in the current working environment. That response will probably not arrive until Monday however (we have a "long weekend" right now in Poland).
Kyousuke.: It's not an error, as for now it working as intended. The scene simply emulated the basic steam signature and validation dlc process to make it work without the client (that's because when it comes to steam games, other than having the actual dlc files you need each DLC ID validated through the client first).
Again, if they can do it in a day then why couldn't GOG make it work? The GOG employees are working from home, it's perfectly believable it got missed or someone made that decisions without discussing it with the people who would point out the issue. GOG aren't idiots, they know this would throw their entire pitch and business model out the window and piss off half their fanbase, and for what? $2 DLC that pirates could make DRM free in a couple days? I don't buy it.

If the DLC requires Galaxy a month from now I'll be one of the loudest complainers. The whole reason I shop here is offline installers without a client needed. I just don't think that'll be the case.
StingingVelvet: Again, if they can do it in a day then why couldn't GOG make it work? The GOG employees are working from home, it's perfectly believable it got missed or someone made that decisions without discussing it with the people who would point out the issue. GOG aren't idiots, they know this would throw their entire pitch and business model out the window and piss off half their fanbase, and for what? $2 DLC that pirates could make DRM free in a couple days? I don't buy it.

If the DLC requires Galaxy a month from now I'll be one of the loudest complainers. The whole reason I shop here is offline installers without a client needed. I just don't think that'll be the case.
You misread my post. What I meant was that right now the signature check is working as intended strictly because of the way it was implemented. To put it short, for now I'm giving the benefit of the doubt, which due to timely and smart working reasons, they opted for a temporary "it just works" solution, and not a permanent decision whatsover.

Also keep in mind that if people are fussing over this, it's because this isn't the first time it happened, and doesn't help with part of the userbase fearing the "GOG is slowly forcing its so called optional-client to more and more" scenario which has become the norm already MP wise.

I'm not implying anything, all I need right now is just some blue to show up clarifying the current situation.
high rated
racofer: It's not a weapon DLC for DXMD. The 3 story DLCs cannot be accessed without Galaxy. They simply will not work.
If I want to buy games with DRM, I will buy games on steam store. I really hope its a mistake.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by netkage
SilentStorm128: Yet again, GOG fails to get the Linux version for a game (that already exists).
So, I'm going to pass on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided until GOG offers a version I can actually play on my PC.
Why don't you redirect your stupid statements to the one who really is to blame - on the website of Feral (the creators of the port)? To somewhere here, for example: https://support.feralinteractive.com/en/contact/
Feral has repeatedly stated that they will not publish their ports in GOG because they are not going to publish their ports without DRM.
You will talk to them as a linux user with linux users. Maybe you will be the very convincing lucky one who will convince them?
For now, i will give it the benefit of the doubt, but, if before the end of the 30 day period it isn't fixed, i will be requesting a refund on DXMD.

If a crack to solve the season pass issue can be done in a day, 30 days is more than enough for an official fix.
high rated
zlep: So the reason was found out by a cracking group called Plaza. Which for the first time actually cracked a Gog Galaxy game by emulating Ghost a protocol used by the EXE to wrap steam calls into galaxy to activate DLC.
If it were the 1st April, I'd have believed that image was a Photoshopped April Fool's joke. So basically, whilst the Steam version comes with one client check, the GOG version actually comes with two : 1. The Steam client DRM is still there hard-coded into the game but its Steam calls are "interpreted" into 2. Galaxy client calls? It's interesting that even Human Revolution doesn't work without common.dll present which itself appears to be a renamed steam_api.dll, and appears to suffer from the same abnormally long startup times that other recent AAA games we've seen (Dishonored, Bioshock 2 & Infinite, etc) where the DRM-Free "offline" installers sit there pinging something on the network for 10-15s before eventually deciding to start normally whilst the DRM'd Steam client starts up in 2-3s...) And all this is "simpler" than Square Enix just sending out a clean copy?...

Edit: Just tested Deus Ex Human Revolution (both on the same SSD, offline installers, no Galaxy ever installed):-

Steam DX:HR = 3.2s startup time (0.6s client check + 2.6s game startup)

GOG DX:HR = 18.6s startup time (16s making over a dozen pre-game network port scans followed by the same 2.6s actual game startup)

Here's the network log showing it scanning through a whole slew of local ports it shouldn't even be touching:-
https://i.imgur.com/fetPNQE.png

I think this whole thing confirms fears some people have had here with newer AAA games - unlike older pre 2010 AAA where they made the game as a "clean" copy, then used that as a base to add DRM at the last minute for different platforms (Steam, uPlay, retail disc, etc), it seems like MT / DRM mechanics for "Steam only" games are so embedded that there really is no "clean build" to use for a DRM-Free build to send out to GOG years later, they merely send it out with Steam client integration intact but then hack their way around that via replacement steam_api.dll's that consist of some cheap loopback call that mimic a "yes" from the Steam client (little different from how "scene" cracks work), and then on top of that "interpret" then force-feed it through Galaxy, so even for games that don't involve DX:MD style DRM, it's badly implemented enough that it still involves a noticeable startup performance penalty running significantly slower than both DRM'd Steam and illegal scene versions...

zlep: All GOG needs to do is say: The below DLC will only work with Galaxy installed, that should cover their butts. The rest of the game functions without issue at all. I would love to see them actually fix it but i doubt they can. unless they dig into the Plaza crack and copy what they did.
More transparency is always welcome but if they did that to "cover their butts", then they'd probably be even less likely to properly fix it as time went by (as we've seen with FEAR where so called "inactive dormant remnants" of DRM are still quite active & visible in the game's two expansions where the SecuROM blocks the game from starting with a DRM error message if Process Monitor is running in the background that remains unfixed years later...)

The day Galaxy becomes compulsory for single player games though is the day I simply stop buying here. In fact I've already reached the point where I don't buy most new AAA titles at time of release but rather wait a few months until the next sale precisely to avoid "unwelcome surprises". The best version of Bioshock 1 is still the Humble DRM-Free which starts up lightning fast due to no Steam OR Galaxy integration. It's just a pity GOG doesn't have the balls to demand that publishers provide the equivalent of that to make offline installers for newer AAA games without trying too hard to become Steam-Junior on an inadequate budget.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by AB2012
high rated
darkangelz: For now, i will give it the benefit of the doubt, but, if before the end of the 30 day period it isn't fixed, i will be requesting a refund on DXMD.

If a crack to solve the season pass issue can be done in a day, 30 days is more than enough for an official fix.
As Kyousuke above mentioned. This has not happened by accident, because GOG specifically programmed some stuff which emulates the Steam way of aquiring the DLCs. So this is intentionally done this way and GOG has known for sure what they were doing here.
But I‘m on your side when it comes to „this has be corrected“.
Maxvorstadt: Does someone know how I get the english version of Dungeon Siege 2? I downloaded the english installer, but only the spoken language is english, the written texts are all in german! That`s really confusing.
I couldn`t find an option ingame and also no language setup exe in the game folder and the folder that the game creates in the "user" section. So how do I get the english version that I want to play?
Don't own the game myself but this sounds as if the game is changing the language according to the detected language of your OS. So you might try to change the language of your OS or use a tool that emulates different OS language to the game. Maybe someone who owns the game can help you more.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by MarkoH01
zlep: So the reason was found out by a cracking group called Plaza. Which for the first time actually cracked a Gog Galaxy game by emulating Ghost a protocol used by the EXE to wrap steam calls into galaxy to activate DLC.
AB2012: If it were the 1st April, I'd have believed that image was a Photoshopped April Fool's joke. So basically, whilst the Steam version comes with one client check, the GOG version actually comes with two : 1. The Steam client DRM is still there hard-coded into the game but its Steam calls are "interpreted" into 2. Galaxy client calls? It's interesting that even Human Revolution doesn't work without common.dll present which itself appears to be a renamed steam_api.dll, and appears to suffer from the same abnormally long startup times that other recent AAA games we've seen (Dishonored, Bioshock 2 & Infinite, etc) where the DRM-Free "offline" installers sit there pinging something on the network for 10-15s before eventually deciding to start normally whilst the DRM'd Steam client starts up in 2-3s...) And all this is "simpler" than Square Enix just sending out a clean copy?...

Edit: Just tested Deus Ex Human Revolution (both on the same SSD, offline installers, no Galaxy ever installed):-

Steam DX:HR = 3.2s startup time (0.6s client check + 2.6s game startup)

GOG DX:HR = 18.6s startup time (16s making over a dozen pre-game network port scans followed by the same 2.6s actual game startup)

Here's the network log showing it scanning through a whole slew of local ports it shouldn't even be touching:-
https://i.imgur.com/fetPNQE.png
It is trying to connect with the GalaxySh*t.
GOG deliberately makes changes for the benefit of its new shiny toy.
Damn it, pay money and get a version that works worse than a pirated one? I did not subscribe to this.
To think that the EULA notice turned out to be true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE
Post edited May 02, 2020 by Grargar
Okay people you know what to do ! it's time to raise hell and bother GOG until they fix this, flow their support and private messages with demands to fix it and don't go easy on them.

There have been issues with every fucking release lately, i mean delay it if you must but atleast do it right from the get go and not the easy way every time.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
ChrisGamer300: Okay people you know what to do ! it's time to raise hell and bother GOG until they fix this, flow their support and private messages with demands to fix it and don't go easy on them.

There have been issues with every fucking release lately, i mean delay it if you must but atleast do it right from the get go and not the easy way every time.
Well I already sent 2 support requests in, one saying that I can't play the DLC and another asking if the DLC has DRM in it lol.