It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TwisterBE: Someone else may post the next challenge.
grimwerk: My kid and I made this a couple of days ago. It's not exactly drawn, but it's near enough for this thread, I hope.
Cute. And definitely a valid entry. But I don't know what game it is from.
TwisterBE: Someone else may post the next challenge.
grimwerk: My kid and I made this a couple of days ago. It's not exactly drawn, but it's near enough for this thread, I hope.
I just found this thread. Nice game!!!
Is it from pacman?
I don't know what game it's from but is it a squid or an octopus?

Also, I have to congratulate you for your awesome parenting skills! :D
Octodad perhaps?
This looks like it would be a phone or tablet game, but I can't recognise it.
F4LL0UT: I don't know what game it's from but is it a squid or an octopus?

Neither a squid nor an octopus.

And thanks, but we should probably wait and see how warped my children become before appraising my dad skills.

Next pic, probably unhelpful. I'll draw a better one when I get home.
Attachments:
q_bert.jpg (22 Kb)
grimwerk: Next pic, probably unhelpful. I'll draw a better one when I get home.
Now it makes me think of an Aperture Science Weighted Companion Cube.

grimwerk: Neither a squid nor an octopus.

And thanks, but we should probably wait and see how warped my children become before appraising my dad skills.

The second pic now has me even more confused, because I was thinking of something from Super Mario Sunshine.

grimwerk: Neither a squid nor an octopus.

Just to bump, could it be "Mutant Blobs Attack!!!"?
Here's a quick one. I'll do a more obvious pic soon.

It isn't any of the games guessed so far.
Attachments:
grimwerk: Here's a quick one. I'll do a more obvious pic soon.

It isn't any of the games guessed so far.
Minecraft?
Zacron: Minecraft?
I'm beginning to feel out-of-practice.
Attachments:
pitfall.jpg (34 Kb)
All of these things seem unrelated, I'm not even sure what kind of game this is. xD

EDIT: Wait, I do know this game, it's Tetrobot and Co.!

I kept thinking of Blocks That Matter and I forgot about this one, wasn't sure if I should pick it up or not.
Post edited August 19, 2014 by Exoanthrope
Exoanthrope: All of these things seem unrelated, I'm not even sure what kind of game this is. xD

EDIT: Wait, I do know this game, it's Tetrobot and Co.!

I kept thinking of Blocks That Matter and I forgot about this one, wasn't sure if I should pick it up or not.
Yay! I was considering drawing the redhead.

I liked Blocks That Matter, except that rather than climax with logically hard puzzles, they opted for twitchy speed-reflex trash. Still, there were a lot of enjoyable levels in there.

Tetrobot and Co. doesn't have any twitchy crap, really. It's all logic, which is a great relief. Sadly, the game is wall-to-wall bugs. Blocks passing through materials they shouldn't, blocks failing to interact properly with the environment, the character passing through parts of the environment it shouldn't. Restarting levels and often the game trying to get it to work correctly. In fact, until today's update, it was impossible to complete the game due to a glitch. See here.(Supposedly, it has been fixed now.) Oh, and the game features an undo function which reliably breaks pretty much everything.

Annoying as all that sounds, my kid and I still really enjoyed it. Great design and sloppy production.

Anyway, your turn. Thanks for the rescue.
grimwerk: Anyway, your turn. Thanks for the rescue.
Great drawings, as always, but those games definitely had some very mixed elements to try to guess.

I'm in for another long night at work, but I might low-quality-camera-phone-picture again in a little while.

EDIT: Here you go, slightly better camera work this time.

This one should be so easy. This is the masterpiece of video gaming, the magnum opus of fine interactive entertainment.
Attachments:
img_3689.jpg (61 Kb)
Post edited August 20, 2014 by Exoanthrope