It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Smannesman: Wow that is pretty cool, I wish someone would serve me something looking as neat as that :P
It reminds of the so-called (by some people at least) worst game of 2012.
Thanks, I ate it all by myself :)
(in two meals, this is a huge portion)

The game is much older than 2012 though.

Cyraxpt: Is it for pc? The Temple and the hearths kind of reminds me of Kid Icarus.
Yes, it's a PC game. I just realized the hearts make this look rather console-ish, it doesn't look like this in the game so the hearts are artistic free license but they illustrate the function of the building to some degree.
F4LL0UT: I was just looking for Sonic. So, your turn!
awalterj: That was too easy, I don't feel I earned the turn. But I have something cooked up already. MadyNora has set the bar quite high for "Cook and Guess the Game" entries, I'm no pro in the kitchen but I like to play with my food as well from time to time. 1kg of potatoes and 1 kg of asparagus and a couple fresh radishes:
Awesome!

How about THIS?
Natamysza: Awesome!

How about THIS?
Thanks, I was pretty sure Fate of Atlantis would be one of the guesses so I tried to add a hint in the file name, not referring to the RPG genre or platform (Secret of Mana is an SNES game) but in terms of the building's function in the game. Now it should be much easier :)

To summarize:

-PC game
-not on GOG
-much older than 2012
-file name refers to the building's function
Post edited October 05, 2014 by awalterj
awalterj: That was too easy, I don't feel I earned the turn. But I have something cooked up already. MadyNora has set the bar quite high for "Cook and Guess the Game" entries, I'm no pro in the kitchen but I like to play with my food as well from time to time. 1kg of potatoes and 1 kg of asparagus and a couple fresh radishes:
Don´t tell me you have seen strange lights on the road and now you feel an urge to make those vegetable artworks just to realise you have to go to a temple somewhere to meet our relatives from the stars :P
awalterj: ...
LoboBlanco: Don´t tell me you have seen strange lights on the road and now you feel an urge to make those vegetable artworks just to realise you have to go to a temple somewhere to meet our relatives from the stars :P
Yes but it was sort of the other way around, I first had a vision of a temple with a giant radish on top of it and after I saw a Mexican guy with a tattoo depicting the same Radish temple, I realized I had to go there but then decided to recreate the temple in my house with the resources available to save myself the long and arduous trip to Chicken Pizza. I can't remember very much in detail, it was all so fuzzy. All I knew is that I had to cut the hearts from the Father Radish, the Son Radish and the Holy Spirit Radish as a sacrifice.
I actually made this in 2012 and I wouldn't have taken any photos had not a teenager and an old guy with white hair showed up and told me that it's paramount I take 3 photos, for what purpose they didn't say.
LoboBlanco: Don´t tell me you have seen strange lights on the road and now you feel an urge to make those vegetable artworks just to realise you have to go to a temple somewhere to meet our relatives from the stars :P
awalterj: Yes but it was sort of the other way around, I first had a vision of a temple with a giant radish on top of it and after I saw a Mexican guy with a tattoo depicting the same Radish temple, I realized I had to go there but then decided to recreate the temple in my house with the resources available to save myself the long and arduous trip to Chicken Pizza. I can't remember very much in detail, it was all so fuzzy. All I knew is that I had to cut the hearts from the Father Radish, the Son Radish and the Holy Spirit Radish as a sacrifice.
I actually made this in 2012 and I wouldn't have taken any photos had not a teenager and an old guy with white hair showed up and told me that it's paramount I take 3 photos, for what purpose they didn't say.
Good thing there weren´t mashed potatoes that day ;P

Though no idea about the game.
Black and White?
viperfdl: Black and White?
It's a 2D game with isometric perspective and just a teeny bit older than Black & White

New summary of hints:

-PC game
-2D graphics with isometric perspective
-not on GOG
-older than Black & White by just a bit
-file name "secret of mana" refers to the building's function in the game
Post edited October 05, 2014 by awalterj
viperfdl: Black and White?
awalterj: It's a 2D game with isometric perspective and just a teeny bit older than Black & White

New summary of hints:

-PC game
-2D graphics with isometric perspective
-not on GOG
-older than Black & White by just a bit
-file name "secret of mana" refers to the building's function in the game
I think I know it, but I can't remember the name, but Age of Empires II keeps coming to mind, though I know that's not it.
awalterj:
Zacron: I think I know it, but I can't remember the name, but Age of Empires II keeps coming to mind, though I know that's not it.
It's kind of a forgotten game which is why I added enough hints that one can find it by simply using Google even if one doesn't know the game, especially now with all the hints it should be much less difficult.

Not AoE II (Conquerors) but that's so far the closest guess, you're definitely on the right track.
Cook and Guess the Game?

Dammit, I won't be able to make dinner now without wondering how to make it look like Wizardry.
grimwerk: Cook and Guess the Game?

Dammit, I won't be able to make dinner now without wondering how to make it look like Wizardry.
If you identify this game, you can go and crosshatch the Dark Savant on a pancake or whatever you wish!
Populos? I think there was a temple like this - just not as nicely made out of food.
Is it perhaps Theocracy? It was posted by someone a couple of months ago in the "What is this game thread". There are aztec like temples that look like your food pyramid and their purpose as far as I know is to generate mana
Warlords Battlecry? It looks delicious, by the way.
Edit: I just realised these games are on GOG. I'm a little slow.
Post edited October 07, 2014 by Exoanthrope