It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

F4LL0UT: (yeah, actually I'm just bumping - I have no clue :P)
grimwerk: The developer of the game I've posted has the same name as a GOG game.
Oh gee, that narrows it down. :P
tinyE: Oh gee, that narrows it down. :P
I suppose it was more of a bump than a useful clue. Still, once the game is guessed, it might be seen as an interesting bit of trivia. I have to hold off on the more obvious clues. The game is important and I'll be dismayed if GOG [collectively] can't recognize it. That said, 1000+ votes on the wishlist. Now I'm feeling like that RadonGOG fella.
Crud, for a second I thought that I got it but then I noticed that it doesn't at all fit your clues. From the first moment on I felt like I had seen this thing somewhere, however, I think it just kinda reminded me of the Ogre Mound from Warcraft 2. <.<

Anyway: is the thing in your image the ruins of a destroyed building in a (3D) RTS game?
F4LL0UT: Crud, for a second I thought that I got it but then I noticed that it doesn't at all fit your clues. From the first moment on I felt like I had seen this thing somewhere, however, I think it just kinda reminded me of the Ogre Mound from Warcraft 2. <.<

Anyway: is the thing in your image the ruins of a destroyed building in a (3D) RTS game?
Maybe drawing a pile of rubble wasn't fair. The drawing is from memory, but I compared it to the source afterward and it's a pretty good representation (that is, it's not the Ogre Mound). Still, it should only have two broken beams sticking out of it rather than three.

No, it's not from an RTS.
F4LL0UT:
grimwerk:
Outcast
innocent_pile_of_rubble.jpg
Attachments:
betty.jpg (31 Kb)
grimwerk: innocent_pile_of_rubble.jpg
Wild guess : discworld? if chests aren't innocent in that universe, then perhaps neither are piles of rubble :P
Some JRPG perhaps? You are attacked by about anything in those. A pile of rubble with tentacles wouldn't be the strangest thing by far!
Not Outcast, Discworld, or JRPG.

Ultima IV is the first computer game I can remember featuring non-innocent chests. I expect they appeared in tabletop games long before that.
Attachments:
I'm horrible at drawing, so I'm not posting what I think.. but I think I might've found it using the hints.
Smannesman: I'm horrible at drawing, so I'm not posting what I think.. but I think I might've found it using the hints.
Being good at this game and being good at drawing aren't the same thing (as I'm probably demonstrating).

Don't let your apparent drawing skill hold you back! That said, if you're really not in the mood, you're welcome to guess and then pass on your turn to someone else.
Smannesman: I'm horrible at drawing, so I'm not posting what I think.. but I think I might've found it using the hints.
grimwerk: Being good at this game and being good at drawing aren't the same thing (as I'm probably demonstrating).

Don't let your apparent drawing skill hold you back! That said, if you're really not in the mood, you're welcome to guess and then pass on your turn to someone else.
What if the game is "Win Lose or Draw"? You'd kick the shit out of all of us. Well, maybe not if Jimmy Walker was playing, or Burt and Lonnie; those guys are REALLY good!
Post edited July 27, 2013 by tinyE
grimwerk: Don't let your apparent drawing skill hold you back! That said, if you're really not in the mood, you're welcome to guess and then pass on your turn to someone else.
Alrighty, I think it might be Dungeon Master II by FTL Games.
Smannesman: Alrighty, I think it might be Dungeon Master II by FTL Games.
It's the first Dungeon Master, but near enough. As a kid, I remember trying to push my way down a blocked passage, and I was memorably surprised when the rubble suddenly attacked.

And yep, it was made by Faster Than Light. Grimrock here on GOG is a pretty direct spiritual successor.

(And my forum avatar's from the game, too. The edible remains of a screamer.)

Your turn!
Alright against my better judgement I have indeed drawn something, I made it easy to compensate for my horrible drawing skillz.
Attachments: