It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: At least it's not mediocre 8-bit-looking indie platformers. :-)
IAmSinistar: So true. That's like using artificial sweeteners instead of sugar - not as tasty and really not any better for you. :)
Let them be self-declared "art" and they become like monosodium glutamate sodden food. Obtrusively "in your face" and leaving a feeling of sickness behind.
tinyE: XD No problem.
What I was thinking about really was fireman and the guys at NORAD who have A LOT of spare time to hang out and play computer games, but when the shit hits the fan those are jobs you could never ever pay me enough to do. :D
At least the NORAD guys get to track Santa once a year...
Post edited March 12, 2015 by toxicTom
IAmSinistar: So true. That's like using artificial sweeteners instead of sugar - not as tasty and really not any better for you. :)
toxicTom: Let them be self-declared "art" and they become like monosodium glutamate sodden food. Obtrusively "in your face" and leaving a feeling of sickness behind.
What I was thinking about really was fireman and the guys at NORAD who have A LOT of spare time to hang out and play computer games, but when the shit hits the fan those are jobs you could never ever pay me enough to do. :D
toxicTom: At least the NORAD guys get to track Santa once a year...
One day some terrorist organization is going to disguise one of their units as a sleigh and cause a major disaster.
GhostwriterDoF: You forgot to use the /Snark ... /snark qualifiers... :P
Dalthnock: ... All things being equal, I very much prefer to take reputation hits than dumbing down my posts.

Comedy first & foremost. If I ever end up in a life or death situation with a very good setup, I will always take my chances.
+1 for the tenacity of your convictions... :D
Post edited March 12, 2015 by GhostwriterDoF
tinyE: One day some terrorist organization is going to disguise one of their units as a sleigh and cause a major disaster.
That's a frightening prospect. Santa's reputation will be ruined for years to come. The beard alone... secretly Muslim?
toxicTom: At least the NORAD guys get to track Santa once a year...
We do that here too, after a fashion. :)
IAmSinistar: We do that here too, after a fashion. :)
What "here", if I may ask?

Btw. it's totally awesome that Henderson Island even has StreetView. You can walk along the beach.

*Pats head*
Santa, tracking...

OK, got it now...
Post edited March 12, 2015 by toxicTom
Dalthnock: ... All things being equal, I very much prefer to take reputation hits than dumbing down my posts.

Comedy first & foremost. If I ever end up in a life or death situation with a very good setup, I will always take my chances.
GhostwriterDoF: +1 for the tenacity of your convictions... :D
Right back at'cha.
dgwake: I should have typed "for ONCE I did real work at work" but I was in a hurry and did not proof read.

I would never say something about other peoples work ethic.
trust me I am the last person to be able to say something to others about the subject.
I always respected and wanted to be a fireman.
Hmmmm a job where other peoples lives are depending on me?
BWAHAHAHAHA! The world better hope I never become one.
I am surprised my my kids made it to adulthood.

I am paid to babysit equipment that gives me a problem about once a week, so I can have my share of down time. I even installed two TVs so I can " monitor the video streams and make sure all the channels are working " at least that's the way I explained it to my boss.
Dalthnock: Low rating a joke?

C'mon guys, where's your sense of humour?

I bet Tarnicus will laugh at it.
Indeed I did, just as I hope that people can see the humour in my rants :) Life is too short to waste as much of it on stressing, as I do :)

It is cold and raining in Oberon, I have half a cigarette left, and I am about to head out to my camp and will be ceasing communication with others until I find the peace and balance that I need.

I am tired, feeling low, and am worn out from trying to find my place of "being"; to fit in with people that are quick to judge and criticise, based on little understanding or compassion of what it is like to live life with constant adversity and struggle. I am fortunate to be able to find solace in the bush without the threat of war, unlike many others in the world. I hope to get to state where I do not weigh the negative and criticism more than the positive in life. "Trying" rather than "being" is the crux of my mental state right now. The difficulties in trying to find a house for Thea, myself and my cats has really done my head in, and was compounded by reading shit from others on these forums. Obviously the best course of action is to have a break and find some calm within and develop "thicker skin".

Thanks to those who took the time to write to me via email and PM. I won't see replies in this thread, given the nature of GOG's forum system and timing out after 1 week,

This alt account/non-existent being has feelings, even though she doesn't express much on GOG. She is the thread that links me to "civilisation" and keeps me partly sane
Dalthnock: Low rating a joke?

C'mon guys, where's your sense of humour?

I bet Tarnicus will laugh at it.
Very deadpan and dark. Funny in the right context/understanding but alas not everyone has a sense of haha for dark deadpan. :)
Well, whose ready for another Insomnia Sale? ;)
IAmSinistar: Well, whose ready for another Insomnia Sale? ;)
Me! Me!

Well, not quite yet... give me a few weeks so I might have another tenner to spend... XD
adaliabooks: Well, not quite yet... give me a few weeks so I might have another tenner to spend... XD
Crap, that's right, one needs money to play. Shades of the old arcade days. :D

Insert another quarter to continue the sale
Tarnicus: <snip>
It is cold and raining in Oberon, I have half a cigarette left, and I am about to head out to my camp and will be ceasing communication with others until I find the peace and balance that I need.

I am tired, feeling low, and am worn out from trying to find my place of "being"; to fit in with people that are quick to judge and criticise, based on little understanding or compassion of what it is like to live life with constant adversity and struggle. I am fortunate to be able to find solace in the bush without the threat of war, unlike many others in the world. I hope to get to state where I do not weigh the negative and criticism more than the positive in life. "Trying" rather than "being" is the crux of my mental state right now. The difficulties in trying to find a house for Thea, myself and my cats has really done my head in, and was compounded by reading shit from others on these forums. Obviously the best course of action is to have a break and find some calm within and develop "thicker skin".
<snip>
Hey Tarnicus, no matter where one goes in life there's a good chance to find a very diverse range of personalities of which way may or may not always agree with or may end up being judged or criticized whether we feel it justified or not. It's just human nature I suppose, and we may find ourselves on either side of it at times as we're all human. It can be difficult to shrug off the criticism, judgment, blame or insults of others at time and I'm sure anyone would agree with that. Sometimes I find it best to ignore such situations, other times to avoid the situation/confrontation entirely and vanish for a short/medium/long while or even permanently as best fits the situation at hand, other times to try to greet hostility with kindness and compassion while biting my tongue, and to accentuate bad experiences with things that I enjoy that might help take the edge off (games, entertainment, positive people/situations I enjoy being around, etc.)

I haven't followed the threads too closely to know the details of what has brought on your current situation in the forums, but your participation in the forums overall I believe is widely enjoyed by most folks. We all can have our good days and bad, and can act and react in ways that aren't the best at times, but overall we've got a good community here and you're a valuable contributor to that I believe, so I hope you have yourself some good R&R and rejoin us again when you're feeling better. Try not to let the occasional disagreement or dispute let you down too much, and if need be, install Postal or Postal 2 and let off some steam! ;oP

Take care!

(send via PM as well in hopes you don't miss it if you're away)
IAmSinistar: Well, whose ready for another Insomnia Sale? ;)
I say HELL YES, bring it on!! :)