It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hummer010: I'd be very reluctant to back a Larian project based on this. It's been 2 years since the campaign ended, and 1 year since the windows version was released, and they still haven't delivered on a product promised in the original campaign. 2 years. Linux users who backed the original campaign are still waiting for the product they paid for*. The fact that they are starting a campaign for the sequel before they've delivered on the promises from the first campaign is bullshit.

* Full Disclosure: I didn't back the original campaign. I did, however, trade for a kickstarter GOG code almost a year ago in anticipation of the Linux version.
king_mosiah: Indeed, I backed the first game, but there is no way in hell I'll back anything else from Larian without a working Linux demo
Well they offer refunds for people tired of waiting for the Linux version, so maybe you want to ask them for a refund.

Also they decided support Linux when they enhance the original D:OS because they run out of money and had to push out the original D:OS

http://www.lar.net/2015/05/15/enhanced-edition/
They can take my money one of the few companies i would gladly shed my cash for a game that has not yet been started.
Piranjade: Let's hope the game comes to GOG:
https://twitter.com/Piranjade/status/631463258264875009
darkangelz: What a weak excuse. Get on the phone and make the deal. Altough i would be very surprised, not to say disapointed that with the first here, the second wouldnt be.
I thought they weren´t even there, were there? Otherwise I´d find it kind of disappointing that there hasn´t be a GOGparty@Gamescom this year!
hummer010: I'd be very reluctant to back a Larian project based on this. It's been 2 years since the campaign ended, and 1 year since the windows version was released, and they still haven't delivered on a product promised in the original campaign. 2 years. Linux users who backed the original campaign are still waiting for the product they paid for*. The fact that they are starting a campaign for the sequel before they've delivered on the promises from the first campaign is bullshit.

* Full Disclosure: I didn't back the original campaign. I did, however, trade for a kickstarter GOG code almost a year ago in anticipation of the Linux version.
king_mosiah: Indeed, I backed the first game, but there is no way in hell I'll back anything else from Larian without a working Linux demo
I feel with you---and I would definitly recommend Larian in doing so to show the Linux-Community that there won´t be a ripoff!
Post edited August 13, 2015 by RadonGOG
Reever: Well, there are people around asking themselves why they can't do it from their own pockets, since they made quite a bit of a profit with D:OS. But lots of people liked the game, so I guess (and hope) the new KS campaign will be successful.
A lot of similar murmur has happened with inXile and that really didn't effect on their campaigns. sure, some people think it ended up effecting on the finally tally of BT4, but to that I say it was never destined to be that big of a hauler in the first place, considering that as a series BT4 belongs to a sub genre of RPG's that just isn't that popular these days (bloppers), with the expection something like Grimrock (in where Grimrock 2 sold considerable less than the first) and for the kicker it's a series that can't lean towards anything really recent like Wasteland 2 or like in the case of Torment lean against the fame of a game considered by many to be among the best.
Gnostic: Well they offer refunds for people tired of waiting for the Linux version, so maybe you want to ask them for a refund.

Also they decided support Linux when they enhance the original D:OS because they run out of money and had to push out the original D:OS

I'm still going to require more than their words this time around. No demo, no deal...
darkangelz: What a weak excuse. Get on the phone and make the deal. Altough i would be very surprised, not to say disapointed that with the first here, the second wouldnt be.
RadonGOG: I thought they weren´t even there, were there? Otherwise I´d find it kind of disappointing that there hasn´t be a GOGparty@Gamescom this year!
GOG was at Gamescom, they had a booth in the business area. There just wasn't a party this year.
Vote for the Chris Avellone stretch goal: http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/313815-kickstarter-pledge-rewards/suggestions/9290247-stretch-goal-chris-avellone
It looks like Larian is reading here:
https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/631769579245686784
Ah! They seem to use Fedora 21 KDE (or Fedora 22 with the 21's default wallpaper)

Nice.
Gnostic: Well they offer refunds for people tired of waiting for the Linux version, so maybe you want to ask them for a refund.

king_mosiah: I'm still going to require more than their words this time around. No demo, no deal...
I am not asking you to back it, I just want to let you know if your are sore about the Linux delay, you can ask for a refund from them. I see they refunded people sore for the Linux delay.
Ah! Come on, I still haven't got to play the first one :P
well even though i'm not really liking that they go to kickstarter again despite the success of their last games (ya i know they posted some reasons for going kickstarter again in their blog) as they wouldn't really need the kickstarter funding and may "cripple" other campaigns which really require a KS funding i guess if they offer a reasonable starter package with fair perks it's a default backing from me anyways as i really liked the first part and i'm quite sure they'll deliver
tomimt: A lot of similar murmur has happened with inXile and that really didn't effect on their campaigns. sure, some people think it ended up effecting on the finally tally of BT4, but to that I say it was never destined to be that big of a hauler in the first place, considering that as a series BT4 belongs to a sub genre of RPG's that just isn't that popular these days (bloppers), with the expection something like Grimrock (in where Grimrock 2 sold considerable less than the first) and for the kicker it's a series that can't lean towards anything really recent like Wasteland 2 or like in the case of Torment lean against the fame of a game considered by many to be among the best.
I do agree that BT4 most probably got "so little" because it simply wasn't as known as other IPs and because of the obscure genre.

As I said, I hope they'll succeed. And it looks like bigger projects and more well known devs get most of the funds nowadays anyway (which is actually bad for middle range projects, as I read in an article). But people do trust Larian and they are great guys, so I do believe it won't be a disaster.