It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sanscript: Fad diet? On the contrary. I base my claims on research.
There is research on everything, from flat earth and creationism all the way to gravity, to why everything Donald Trump does is doomed to fail or why it magically succeeds somehow. Being convinced, or believing experts who are convinced, of any point of view is not the same thing as that view/research being validated. It just means people (including experts) have studied the reasons for their doubts or confidence. I would advise against taking anything like that as 100%.

But beyond that, bread here in the US is very clean. We don't have issues like the ones you're describing or are in that link. If I was in Scandinavia then maybe I could be worried though. :P

Why do you lean towards these views by the way? Do you have a specific sickness, family history, or digestive issue? There are cases where your claims can be true for some people but generally people live long, healthy lives eating those things and don't worry about getting sick from foods. I've very rarely come across bad, sickening foods.

Dejavous: carbonated water, exspecialy flavored contains Aspertaine, bad for you.
I looked that up and Aspartame is the only result showing. If you mean that and Sucralose, then most mineral waters don't have them. They're unflavored and carbonated so it's just mineral water from the source + carbon dioxide.

If you mean what you wrote though then I'd appreciate a link to that particular ingredient since I've never heard of it.
Lemon_Curry: Now, if only I wasn't so damn prone to eating all of them at once... which is why I hardly ever have any sweets lying around: it's much easier to resist temptation that way.
Themken: Haha! I am like that too, only ever buy 100g chocolate at once and then try to make it last at least two hours and fail half of the time.
I ate my 100 g bar of dark chocolate yesterday – so much for self-discipline.

Oh well, at least I don't have a donut for a head.

Speaking of which, look what I just found:
'Nintendo Switch Cosplayer @ Tokyo Game Show 2017'
Lemon_Curry: I ate my 100 g bar of dark chocolate yesterday – so much for self-discipline.
Oh, I try to eat dark/bitter chocolate myself, less sugar :-)
low rated
deleted
Post edited January 07, 2018 by Fairfox
sanscript: Fad diet? On the contrary. I base my claims on research.
MaximumBunny: There is research on everything, from flat earth and creationism all the way to gravity, to why everything Donald Trump does is doomed to fail or why it magically succeeds somehow. Being convinced, or believing experts who are convinced, of any point of view is not the same thing as that view/research being validated. It just means people (including experts) have studied the reasons for their doubts or confidence. I would advise against taking anything like that as 100%.

But beyond that, bread here in the US is very clean. We don't have issues like the ones you're describing or are in that link. If I was in Scandinavia then maybe I could be worried though. :P

Why do you lean towards these views by the way? Do you have a specific sickness, family history, or digestive issue? There are cases where your claims can be true for some people but generally people live long, healthy lives eating those things and don't worry about getting sick from foods. I've very rarely come across bad, sickening foods.

Dejavous: carbonated water, exspecialy flavored contains Aspertaine, bad for you.
MaximumBunny: I looked that up and Aspartame is the only result showing. If you mean that and Sucralose, then most mineral waters don't have them. They're unflavored and carbonated so it's just mineral water from the source + carbon dioxide.

If you mean what you wrote though then I'd appreciate a link to that particular ingredient since I've never heard of it.
Aspertame side effects
stop drinking sparkling water
"He told the Food Network that we don’t need to worry about unflavoured sparkling water, just its flavoured counterparts."

So, no problemo then. My suggestion still stands. I chose that particular brand because it has the most minerals in the best price point. It's also very easy to get since they were the original distributors of Coca Cola in Mexico, so they have easy access to here.
MaximumBunny: There is research on everything, from flat earth and creationism all the way to gravity, to why everything Donald Trump does is doomed to fail or why it magically succeeds somehow.
WTF... you can't be serious? Let me take an educated guess and assume you don't know anything about how the scientific method works or what it even stands for?

Mister, tell your leaders to focus more on education, and continue to make up your own "view" on the objective reality. I'm terrible sorry, but I didn't elect a president that more or less is a relatively stable genius, in the general sense...
Post edited January 07, 2018 by sanscript
sanscript: WTF... you can't be serious? Let me take an educated guess and assume you don't know anything about how the scientific method works or what it even stands for?

Mister, tell your leaders to focus more on education, and continue to make up your own "view" on the objective reality. I'm terrible sorry, but I didn't elect a president that more or less is a relatively stable genius, in the general sense...
You would first have to be educated to take an educated guess, so unfortunately you're not there yet.

Clearly you didn't understand the logic argument I was presenting and just looked into it for a literal interpretation. To put it bluntly instead, your views on food and nutrition are regarded as extreme and loony. No one should follow your guidelines if they want to live a healthy lifestyle, and you have absolutely no idea what the scientific method is at all and how it works.

You're basically the Alex Jones of this thread. I was trying to help you by (nicely) discovering the reason behind your ignorance, but as it turns out you're just a quack apparently and that is the reason.
Lemon_Curry: I ate my 100 g bar of dark chocolate yesterday – so much for self-discipline.
Themken: Oh, I try to eat dark/bitter chocolate myself, less sugar :-)
I only eat dark chocolate. In addition to the health benefits, it just so happens to taste better and provide more satisfaction than its pale-faced siblings.

She's a maniac, maniac on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Fairfox:
Ah yes, I know this one: it's from Flaildance (starring JellyFlail Beans)!
Post edited January 09, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
low rated
deleted
Fairfox: Teh threadie took a weird twist. it seems to have righted itself tho-tho.

'JellyFlail Beans' would beee all soft 'n' dangly. Liek Laffy Taffy!

i hurted me teh other day in teh heavy snow (not even shovellin' since I get others to do taht for me, lolz). i didnt mention it becaaause imma verrr brave but i did an' i havent been able to exercize since. ...oh heck, i kno taht word doesnt have a 'z' in it. an' it's in teh title! My title! Oops.

Anyhoohar no keepin' fit, so I've had to, liek, not eat much (x2, ooor x3. been mentionin' it in mah other posties General Lee). i keep snackin' on mini p-butter cups which IS NOT GOOD (but they ain't Reese's which are wai higher in sugar! Yo, Justin!). sushi calls me a lot. Fairfox, it says Tele Pathetic Lee, i was a livin' fish, an' nao imma choped up an' bundled in with brown rice an' vegetables. Hello, Fairfox, please cover me in wasabi an' soy.
Let me corrupt you a bit. Next time instead of peanut butter try putting in a cup tahini and honey with about a 3 to 1 analogy, mix it with a spoon and enjoy:)
low rated
deleted
MaximumBunny:
If you think that was extreme and looney then you use a word you don't fully understand, or the info is actually too new for you. Read again, as I was only trying to just inform, then everyone can choose for themselves. I never wrote anything that what I wrote was the whole truth and 100%. There's no secret that there's often much politics involved, but again, we europeans have better laws on ingredient declaration.

You show you have no idea when you basically ignore research papers that more or less tells us that not everything we eat is healthy (there are several from different countries), and you've demonstrated you own ignorance and naivety when believing everything they say on the news when they say "you shouldn't worry" (ref your answer to Dejavous).

There was zero logic in your argument when you basically mentions things that have zero basis in the real world, and try to use those examples as counter arguments to the scientific papers I presented. You also asked me why I had such "views". As I've mentioned before - there's a difference in what is a fact and what is an opinion. No, you do not understand the scientific method.

Btw: "Avoid" does not mean "don't ever eat this". I know plenty of people that actually have followed those guidelines and lives a more healthy life. Here in europe it's actually "old" news for the most part. Try it, it might surprise you :P

America has one of THE highest prevalence of obesity, that is probably because people like you don't take scientific papers more seriously. Did it ever occur to you that such research ACTUALLY have some basis in reality, and not some fantasy that cooks have come up with?

But again, please, continue with your own view on things.
Fairfox: 'JellyFlail Beans' would beee all soft 'n' dangly. Liek Laffy Taffy!
That's precisely what she is!

Fairfox: sushi calls me a lot. Fairfox, it says Tele Pathetic Lee, i was a livin' fish, an' nao imma choped up an' bundled in with brown rice an' vegetables. Hello, Fairfox, please cover me in wasabi an' soy.
This comment had me in stitches. And now I have a serious craving for sushi – and all the restaurants are closed. Thanks, Fairfox!

Now you'll have to excuse me while I go find the fish. Well, any fish really.

(I live near a small lake, but I’m convinced the fishes have been munching on nothing but fireworks lately. So, sadly, I can’t smoke ’em. They're probably deliciously spicy though.)
Post edited January 09, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
low rated
deleted