It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey... Jagged Alliance was/is a dumpster fire on Steam but it wound up on GOG... never say never
truhlik: Don't forget that they also refused Gates of Skeldal: 7 Mages.
It's not top notch game but, you know. Quality is equal as two games mentioned above. It seems that dungeon crawlers aren't in GoG's scope nowadays.
I had no idea 7 Mages was part of a franchise.
karnak1: I just want to inform everyone who could be interested that a DRM-free version of Grimoire is now being sold on itch.io
One like from the dev himself 7 days ago... now that's precious! XD
Attachments:
grimoire.png (31 Kb)
Post edited February 22, 2019 by sanscript
karnak1: Sorry to hijack your post.
I just want to inform everyone who could be interested that a DRM-free version of Grimoire is now being sold on itch.io
Thanks for the info, regardless if the dev is a lunatic and asshole or not (I can't jugde) I might actually get it there.
It's not top notch game but, you know. Quality is equal as two games mentioned above. It seems that dungeon crawlers aren't in GoG's scope nowadays.
samuraigaiden: I had no idea 7 Mages was part of a franchise.
Yep. And both parts are fine. First is classic dungeon crawler whereas second is P&C with RPG elements.

If you're interested, here is link for first part. Which was released as freeware (opensource) many years ago.

Gates of Skeldal
samuraigaiden: 'The Quest' and 'Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar' are two dungeon crawlers GOG refused. Neither is a utterly broken and unfinished mess.

Let's just think about that for a minute.
Yeah, GOG's curation has been bumming me out a lot recently. There's no sense to it at all, other than that apparently anything with roguelite metroidvania mechanics get a free pass.

I want to support DRM free gaming, and GOG in general, but for the past three years they have consistently rejected just about every game I've been excited for, pushing me towards itch, zoom and steam instead.
Post edited February 25, 2019 by fisk0
Post-Update 2 UA is actually a pretty enjoyable game. Most of the hate this game gets is from butthurt Kickstarter backers that invested hundreds of dollars, thinking it'll be the best game evar! I paid 10 bucks for this thing and I really like it despite the flaws. Of all the so-called "spiritual successors" to Looking Glass games, this one probably comes closest: It drops you into the environment and you're free to explore at your own pace. If this didn't have Underworld in its title and it released in the state it's currently in, it would probably have a Steam rating in its 70s or even 80s.

Yeah, the release build was a mess, but the devs have clearly busted their asses during the past few months to get this thing in shape, for little to no returns (I honestly doubt this game sold too many copies). It's still not the best game evar, but it's a fun little game and they've knocked the last two updates out of the park. If they manage a similar level of improvment with Update 3, they'll end up with a genuinely good game.
Post edited February 25, 2019 by fronzelneekburm
samuraigaiden: 'The Quest' and 'Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar' are two dungeon crawlers GOG refused. Neither is a utterly broken and unfinished mess.

Let's just think about that for a minute.
https://www.gog.com/game/grimoire_heralds_of_the_winged_exemplar

it's here now
I am sure the game could easily still be put on GOG, but it's still a buggy mess and Otherside, I theorize, is putting more of its resources into System Shock 3 currently. I imagine more so GOG is waiting for the game to be more stable and all. Now I know there are unfinished games on GOG that are still in development, and some games do need fan patches but you need to understand that GOG is just one team and it takes a developer to remaster or update a game sometimes, they can't do every single game. an example I have is Rainbow Six 1(the original), it needs a fan patch to work but it isn't a massively demanded game to be remastered even though I would gladly love that.

Just remember, there are publishers out there that are so fickle, EA cough cough, with their "property" they will keep a game on cold ice for years, decades even before they let anyone remaster it or fix it up. And yes, atm EA is supporting the C&C remasters but think of how long it was since the First Decade pack and all the shit they did to C&C over the years. Hel, THEY are the ones they wouldn't let Arkane or Otherside do a sequel to the Ultima Underworld series in the first place. We will never 100% know for sure who and what has said this and that or what deals were said. I wouldn't put all the blame on GOG for this one, cause Underworld Ascendant has gotten lots of negativity for a reason outside of backers.

We'll see what 2020 brings but I wouldn't get down on thinking it will never come to GOG, honestly Otherside needs to pull a Sean Murray Hello Games move and focus on the true criticism from people who actually play and bring the title in what it truly is suppose to be. I wouldn't doubt GOG is worried about bringing the title hear but again people will say they have for worst titles.

Here's to it joining the library
DuneRunner: ...
Interesting bump. This is one of the rare times I'm kinda okay with the rejection since, apparently, the game is pretty bad sadly; otherwise I'd love to see those 1.5k+ votes completed. But there are people who will disagree with me about this rejection.
DuneRunner: ...
tfishell: Interesting bump. This is one of the rare times I'm kinda okay with the rejection since, apparently, the game is pretty bad sadly; otherwise I'd love to see those 1.5k+ votes completed. But there are people who will disagree with me about this rejection.
I bet it will come to GOG, we got Ultima Underworld 1&2 here while even Steam doesn't, plus we also have Arx Fatalis. I'd say just give it time, things can change in an instance, best we can do is voice our support of both sides to 1: get it on GOG and 2: to keep improving Underworld Ascendent so it is in a truly finished state without game breaking issues or extreme annoyances.
DuneRunner: I am sure the game could easily still be put on GOG, but it's still a buggy mess and Otherside, I theorize, is putting more of its resources into System Shock 3 currently.
Strong rumor is that System Shock 3 is on hold while they go around asking for publisher money.
tfishell: Interesting bump. This is one of the rare times I'm kinda okay with the rejection since, apparently, the game is pretty bad sadly; otherwise I'd love to see those 1.5k+ votes completed. But there are people who will disagree with me about this rejection.
DuneRunner: I bet it will come to GOG, we got Ultima Underworld 1&2 here while even Steam doesn't, plus we also have Arx Fatalis. I'd say just give it time, things can change in an instance, best we can do is voice our support of both sides to 1: get it on GOG and 2: to keep improving Underworld Ascendent so it is in a truly finished state without game breaking issues or extreme annoyances.
We have UU1-2 because they're owned by EA and are considered classic games, and Arx is also considered good and classic. I wouldn't expect UA unless the devs ever do actually finish it, which I'm pretty skeptical about.
tfishell: But there are people who will disagree with me about this rejection.
The only objection I have with GOG's decision is that the developers can now claim that they tried to get the game on GOG and pretend that they don't need to provide another DRM-free distribution option for the backers at least as long as the Steam version doesn't come with added DRM.
I have already given the info to the wishlists. I asked OtherSide Entertainment if the game would appear on GOG.com sometime. The answer was that they don't plan to publish the game on GOG.com (for System Shock 3 they give the same info).