It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
MatchaKitsunebi: God, stop whining about that game.
GamezRanker: Like you're doing now?

If you don't like it, there are extensions to filter threads by keyword/user/etc.

(also if people like yourself who dislike the threads simply don't post to them, they will slide off of page 1)
Exactly! It's hilarious how people are willing to bump the thread to tell us to stop talking XD
low rated
dycaite: Exactly! It's hilarious how people are willing to bump the thread to tell us to stop talking XD
Not trying to make fun of any of em......that said, I just cannot wrap my head around why anyone would come into a thread to complain about the content instead of....I dunno....ignoring it/filtering it out/etc.

(also to the schlub low rating everything in sight....u mad, bruh?)
(would post a meme to fit the low rating, but eh....too lazy atm)
Post edited December 30, 2020 by GamezRanker
low rated
dycaite: Exactly! It's hilarious how people are willing to bump the thread to tell us to stop talking XD
GamezRanker: Not trying to make fun of any of em......that said, I just cannot wrap my head around why anyone would come into a thread to complain about the content instead of....I dunno....ignoring it/filtering it out/etc.
I just can't help but have a little chuckle about disingenuous posts like that... If you don't like the conversation, just don't take part. Simple.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by dycaite
low rated
dycaite: I just can't help but have a little chuckle about disingenuous posts like that...
I get a slight chuckle out of people seemingly having a life so sad that they waste their time mass low rating a thread.

(they're probably like "take them low ratings!" and then likely thinking to themselves "that'll show em!")

dycaite: If you don't like the conversation, just don't take part. Simple.
Agreed

=-=-=

Ontopic: I sadly don't think GOG will reverse course at this point(though i'd like to be shown to be wrong)....still, hopefully the people boycotting or posting had some sort of effect on the company, and they'll be less likely to do such again.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by GamezRanker
low rated
GamezRanker: Ontopic: I sadly don't think GOG will reverse course at this point(though i'd like to be shown to be wrong)....still, hopefully the people boycotting or posting had some sort of effect on the company, and they'll be less likely to do such again.
You're probably right - still, I am going to keep fighting this until the game gets released SOMEWHERE.
low rated
dycaite: You're probably right - still, I am going to keep fighting this until the game gets released SOMEWHERE.
Supposedly it will possibly be coming to Zoom platform once they get some time. :)
(they have a ton of games to release first)
low rated
dycaite: You're probably right - still, I am going to keep fighting this until the game gets released SOMEWHERE.
GamezRanker: Supposedly it will possibly be coming to Zoom platform once they get some time. :)
(they have a ton of games to release first)
Heard that too - I actually joined their Discord to thank them for being willing to take it on board
pearnon: Germany is free to censor the depiction of the 3rd Reich in their games.
toxicTom: You're not up to date.
You're not following.
low rated
pearnon: You're not following.
You're simply wrong, as of date. Since games are now officially acknowledged as art, the only thing still forbidden is "glorifying" the Nazis.
I don't understand why GOG needs to hide behind the will of some gamers to enforce their decision while there are other gamers that wish to purchase and play the game. I wish to purchase Devotion and I would like to know what's wrong with it. Not selling the game is not something they are doing for me for sure.
firstpastthepost: They are a publicly traded company and they will base business decisions on what their investors want.
If by investors you mean greedy rich fucks who bought some papers and expect to become richer by sitting on these papers and doing nothing, then they probably want the company to rip off their customers as much as possible, selling the cheapest possible shit for the biggest possible price, exploiting people's addictions and vulnerabilities as much as possible with microtransactions, lootboxes etc.

If GOG decides to be ruled by those people, I'd say, fuck GOG. I don't know why the investors are being brought into these discussions like it's a sound and good argument, as if every good thing we have is not due to someone deciding to provide value to society and doing something for the actual customers, ignoring the investors' immorality and destructivity.

In an ideal world, an investor buying stocks of a company that advertises DRM-free should NOT expect that the company's business decision will be investor-oriented.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by deesklo
low rated
deesklo: In an ideal world, an investor buying stocks of a company that advertises DRM-free should NOT expect that the company's business decision will be investor-oriented.
In an ideal world, such companies would stay private and not go public.....and rely perhaps on users to fund it with cash influxes of their own free will, if and when needed.
GamezRanker: In an ideal world, such companies would stay private and not go public
Oh really? What's wrong with declaring you're a DRM-free store and then selling shares of that store (while staying DRM-free)? The information about DRM-freedom is public, it's not like any investor is being lied to or scammed.

This present situation, on the other hand, when the greedy rich fucks are held as gods that must be obeyed, and it's okay to scam the public by declaring the principles you're actually betraying for the greedy rich fucks, is really bad. I don't understand why common people, who have nothing to do with the greedy rich, so vehemently support it.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by deesklo
toxicTom: You're not up to date.
GamezRanker: So said symbols are now allowed in games sold in german stores?
It is more easy now and it will be decided from case to case. Disallowing those symbols imo was always completely nuts because nobody has ever been hurt by a symbol and by censoring the symbol you won't be able to remove the true problem - people simply will use other symbols. So often have I thought about what would have happened in Germany if H. had chosen the "square" as his symbol ... completely different geometry classes in Germany ... ridiculous? Yes, sure it is - and so is censoring imo.

That being said: Regarding Devotion and GOG. Once again I really diskliked how GOG was basically thinking of a good sounding explanation to present to the community (which afaik is not that controversial anymore because the asset in question already has been removed - or am I wrong?) instead of being plain honest. Afterwards radio silence. Unfortunately I am not even surprised - still imo it is sad. But as it has been said, GOG is a business first and foremost and while several people from GOG staff might be extremely friendly and gamer friendly this does not have to be true in case of the company itself.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by MarkoH01
low rated
pearnon: You're not following.
toxicTom: You're simply wrong, as of date. Since games are now officially acknowledged as art, the only thing still forbidden is "glorifying" the Nazis.
You're still not following. Do try to keep up if you absolutely must interject.