It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
toxicTom: Fact is also that the Chinese, who went through a lot of suffering, but also achieved a lot in the last years and decades, are genuinely proud of their country and leadership, and lack a sense of humour in that regard.
And they're not the only ones. Post "DRM-free #wontbeerased" on Twitter and watch yourself get turn apart, in the o so free "West".
Something that should have punished people in court for defamation.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by §pectre
high rated
SmollestLight: We welcome civil discussions as long as they are that, civil. Refrain from using vulgar language and keep the discussion about the game.
Is that suppose to be some sort of joke?
high rated
SmollestLight: We welcome civil discussions as long as they are that, civil. Refrain from using vulgar language and keep the discussion about the game.
darthspudius: Is that suppose to be some sort of joke?
An out of season April fools joke?
high rated
Host a game here for us to discuss then...
high rated
NuffCatnip: Most of gog's staff didn't have any say in those desicions (or even knew about it) and you're wishing them horrible deaths and whatnot (again, only a small number).
sanscript: Of course not, that's not the way to go, just like CDPRs developers/artists (and mods neither) are not responsible for what the upper management/CEOs/shareholders decides.
Yeah, just thought I'd mention that, since a few didn't appear to think about that. :)

Oh well, even if something changes, which I highly doubt (pretty much zero chance), the damage has already been dealt.
Weird, how they never seem to think ahead, it really is beyond me.
high rated
toxicTom: Fact is also that the Chinese, who went through a lot of suffering, but also achieved a lot in the last years and decades, are genuinely proud of their country and leadership, and lack a sense of humour in that regard.
Must be nice to be brainwashed so completely. I can't imagine living in a country where one simple critique could put a person into so much deep shit. Hail, dictator Xi!
high rated
dgnfly: They couldn't care less. HATRED has 5000 votes was offered multiple times and they still refuse to release it.
Their staff is a bunch of woke people that can't cope with certain games cause it triggers them. Just look at how long it took for grimoire to release here because they didn't like the dev.
§pectre: Ironically this issue will have been boosted by those people as a way to attack gog.
These people are the same that completely ignored blizzards bad behaviour and censorship towards customers but suddenly appeared after some chinese incident.
Bunch of hypocrites that they now suddenly are crying because China is involved while ignoring years of games getting censored because of its content. At least GOG finally gets the backlash they deserved with their biased hypocritical agenda.

Funny how political talks here were a banning offense yet GOG themselves are now playing politically.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by dgnfly
high rated
Bad move from you, GoG. Really bad move indeed. This way is not right one you should follow.
high rated
toxicTom: a) Maybe Tencent put pressure on Epic who in turn put pressure on GOG (Epic store in Galaxy) or something like that, and/or
b) GOG in all their glorious competence we've all experienced really somehow didn't know about the controversy surrounding this game in China and when after the announcement the first million complaints came in someone quickly googled the issue and went all pale, and/or
c) CDP group has a lot of chinese investors (more than 60% are publicly traded) who were not amused, and/or
d) They are genuinely afraid to lose something on the Chinese market - which is huge, but I don't how much of a foothold GOG had there. There are a few active Chinese users here on the forum, and there could be a ton of customer who might be pissed off by the game.
Seeing how 10c is the biggest entertainment company there, and western companies need approval from 10c (or other CCP approved companies with party representatives), I'd say it might be because CD Project Group wanted CyberPunk 2077 (especially), and past and future games to be sold there.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by sanscript
high rated
Stoibs: Host a game here for us to discuss then...
That would be nice, wouldn't it? lol
high rated
WeirdoGeek: I can't even make the sarcastic joke. This just guarantees that China is once again going to get trolled with Winnie the Pooh memes and that this is going to cause way more of an uproar than simply releasing the game could ever hope to accomplish.

Welp, looking like I'm gonna be doing ALL my game shopping on Steam now...
Steam also bent the knee to China so changing stores doesn't really solve the issue in this case.
high rated
Well, you know, I'd love to discuss the game if it was being sold here. How about selling it so we can?
high rated
WeirdoGeek: I can't even make the sarcastic joke. This just guarantees that China is once again going to get trolled with Winnie the Pooh memes and that this is going to cause way more of an uproar than simply releasing the game could ever hope to accomplish.

Welp, looking like I'm gonna be doing ALL my game shopping on Steam now...
wolfsite: Steam also bent the knee to China so changing stores doesn't really solve the issue in this case.
Steam didn't removed the game. It was the developers. But we don't know what happend behind the doors.
high rated
There would be discussion about the game, if the game would be... you know ? RELEASED ?
Seems like the purge has started.