It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

.Keys: Well this is sad, but something told me to save your whole post with me.
If you need it just for backup, just ask.

I was able to save part 1 and 2. (Don't know if you were able to write part 3, as you said in your first post.)
And it really saddens me. One of the deepest and kinder letter I've read as a message of love from a customer to a company.

Thank you for your words, sir.
amok: no need, everything is in the https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021 thread. It is only the duplicate spam posts in n-numbers of other threads that have been removed.
Very good. Thank you.
low rated
kdgog: [Deleted after another warning from GOG not to post.]
.Keys: Well this is sad, but something told me to save your whole post with me.
If you need it just for backup, just ask.

I was able to save part 1 and 2. (Don't know if you were able to write part 3, as you said in your first post.)
And it really saddens me. One of the deepest and kinder letter I've read as a message of love from a customer to a company.

Thank you for your words, sir.
Thank you, too, it was heartfelt. It is still in full in one thread at the moment: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post1437

EDIT: Ah, I was beaten to it, thanks for sharing the link, and apologies that I cross-posted at first.
Post edited March 10, 2021 by kdgog
high rated
This is the chance to support the developers and buy your copy of Devotion: https://shop.redcandlegames.com/games/devotion
Amiko Novich: This is the chance to support the developers and buy your copy of Devotion: https://shop.redcandlegames.com/games/devotion
This is awesome news and I will definitely be buying a copy. I also hear it will soon be available on Zoom Platform.

I also love the irony, that China's desperate (and failed) attempts to suppress the game have only served to boost its publicity :-)
Post edited March 15, 2021 by Time4Tea
high rated
Amiko Novich: This is the chance to support the developers and buy your copy of Devotion: https://shop.redcandlegames.com/games/devotion
Logged in to GOG again just to share this great news I got from Red Candle's e-mail newsletter after months of silence. Glad to see it's already been shared.

You can actually buy both Devotion and Detention as well as their respective soundtracks, and there is a discount if you do it all in one go.

Once purchased, it's all available as a DRM-free ZIP download: Detention has Windows, Mac, and Linux versions, while Devotion is available for Windows and Mac. Soundtracks are available in 320 kbps MP3 or lossless WAV.

30% of this $33.56 could have gone to GOG if they respected their actual customers (as well as, in my case, 100% of whatever the price of CP2077 was, alongside some other stuff I also didn't buy from them since December: easily $100+ in total).
high rated
Hahahaha, the Zip folders still include the Galaxy dlls! xD

The Detention folder also features a Galaxy dll, which can only mean that a Detention release was also in the works!

Christ, gog, your cowardice screwed your customers out of the best point&click to be released in years.
high rated
Thanks GOG for being so spineless! Decided to spend my money elsewhere :3
Attachments:
Post edited March 15, 2021 by romulus16
high rated
Yep if you guys still want to support the Developers of Devotion you can buy
it DRM free on redcandlegames

As romulus16 did
Amiko Novich: ...
Turbo-Beaver: ...
fronzelneekburm: ...
romulus16: ...
Question:
Do they provide file checksums for downloads?
If so, what kind.
B1tF1ghter: Question:
If so, what kind.
The downloads are ZIP files, so there's a built-in CRC32. If the archive is corrupted and you try to unpack it, you'll know.

On a general note, whenever there's no checksum for downloads, and I want to be sure of file integrity (such as for firmware updates that can brick a device), I'd just download the same file twice and run fc /b (or diff -s, or WinMerge if you prefer a GUI).
low rated
You must be joking or are pretty inexperienced / uninformed on both.
Having deep IT background I would instantly dismiss both "solutions".

B1tF1ghter: Question:
If so, what kind.
Turbo-Beaver: The downloads are ZIP files, so there's a built-in CRC32. If the archive is corrupted and you try to unpack it, you'll know.
CRC32 is ludicrously imperfect alg for any kind of protection. It's awfully basic.
It doesn't actually protect from collisions.
There is a reason why reliable websites use at the very least SHA1 for ANY file formats.

Turbo-Beaver: On a general note, whenever there's no checksum for downloads, and I want to be sure of file integrity (such as for firmware updates that can brick a device), I'd just download the same file twice and run fc /b (or diff -s, or WinMerge if you prefer a GUI).
You must have never experienced file corruption twice in a row on 2 different occasions then.
I personally not only am 100% aware this is possible, in my case this is very likely under some circumstances (I have exceptionally unpredictable global network connection).
It also assumes you CAN waste TIME and bandwidth for downloading something more than once "just to be sure".
Already on 1 GiB files this could be a problem.
The whole point is that you could as well download the same file 100 times on different timestamps and if you are unlucky enough ALL would be corrupted and you WOULDN'T know WITHOUT A CHECKSUM.
Not to even mention possibility of MitM or malicious file server replacement, DNS interception (thus redirection), and I could go on like that for quite some time.
Without TRUSTED original VERIFIED checksum you never really know if the file you downloaded is legit or not.
And needless to say risk of "some people" trying to screw with related file hosting IN THIS CASE is rather high due to "hosted content nature".
B1tF1ghter: You must be joking or are pretty inexperienced / uninformed on both.

Turbo-Beaver: The downloads are ZIP files, so there's a built-in CRC32. If the archive is corrupted and you try to unpack it, you'll know.
B1tF1ghter: CRC32 is ludicrously imperfect alg for any kind of protection. It's awfully basic.
There is a reason why reliable websites use at the very least SHA1 for ANY file formats.

Turbo-Beaver: On a general note, whenever there's no checksum for downloads, and I want to be sure of file integrity (such as for firmware updates that can brick a device), I'd just download the same file twice and run fc /b (or diff -s, or WinMerge if you prefer a GUI).
B1tF1ghter: You must have never experienced file corruption twice in a row on 2 different occasions then.
I personally not only am 100% aware this is possible, in my case this is very likely under some circumstances (I have exceptionally unpredictable global network connection).
It also assumes you CAN waste TIME and bandwidth for downloading something more than once "just to be sure".
The whole point is that you could as well download the same file 100 times on different timestamps and if you are unlucky enough ALL would be corrupted and you WOULDN'T know WITHOUT A CHECKSUM.
Not to even mention possibility of MitM or malicious file server replacement, DNS interception (thus redirection), and I could go on like that for quite some time.
Without TRUSTED original VERIFIED checksum you never really know if the file you downloaded is legit or not.
And needless to say risk of "some people" trying to screw with related file hosting IN THIS CASE is rather high due to "hosted content nature".
If a malicious actor can replace the file you are downloading, they can just as easily replace the checksums, unless you think one were kept on a more secure server than the other or some other implausible/impractical scenario. Or am I missing something?
B1tF1ghter: You must be joking or are pretty inexperienced / uninformed on both.

CRC32 is ludicrously imperfect alg for any kind of protection. It's awfully basic.

You must have never experienced file corruption twice in a row on 2 different occasions then.
Zegpi: If a malicious actor can replace the file you are downloading, they can just as easily replace the checksums, unless you think one were kept on a more secure server than the other or some other implausible/impractical scenario. Or am I missing something?
Yes you are missing things. Such as nobody is forcing developer to leave checksums on the same backend as files (remember, http server is not the same thing as the hosting backend).
Also there are ways of verifying authenticity of checksums.
Also GPG (but I'm not expecting game sites to use them even tho it would be great).
There is plenty of ways to protect checksums themselves, even as simple as posting them publicly on say your social media (as a developer), which is fine since checksums don't contain any private info or any part of code at all.
low rated
Let us keep this thread going, for the sake of it.
The Story of Devotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUoJYLcI_A