It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yeah, I forgot about Blade Edge of Darkness/Severance. Who is the rights holder for that one?
Grargar: Here: http://gogwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_removed_from_GOG

Nothing concrete. As for assumptions, you could perhaps include The Void and licensed games like Race Driver: GRID. Oh, and possibly the Duke Nukem games.
Tarm: Thank you. I already have the Duke Nukem games I want and the others aren't very interesting to me but the risk of them being pulled is starting to be a selling argument in itself. :/
At Bundle Stars you can pick it up fir $5 as part of Killer Bundle 6. Just for three more days.
Shit! I was hoping to eventually get the series.
I'm not too worried about this one, will be back soon enough.
Bummer. The Descent double pack was the very first game I bought on GOG. In fact, Descent was the reason I created an account on this site in the first place. Love those games.

Here's to hoping they'll make an eventual return to GOG's store shelves.
Konrad: Due to changing hands and in-flux legal agreements, we just had to remove Descent 1+2 & Descent 3 + Mercenary from our catalog, effective immediately.

We do want to apologize for not being able to give everyone more of a heads-up, and we will be doing our best to bring them back.
So who bought the rights from interplay? Descendent Studios Inc. that is making Descent: Underground?
Post edited December 19, 2015 by Petrell
dirtyharry50: Sorry to hear about this. I bought these a long time ago now fortunately but I hope they can be returned for sale for other people.

I have come to feel over the years that whenever something important to me becomes available, I shouldn't waste too much time grabbing it once it hits a sale price I'm happy with just in case because these things do happen sometimes. I've been pretty lucky so far taking this approach although one time when I did get caught with my pants down when XIII was pulled, a very kind person gifted me a copy in the nick of time. That time we had a little warning beforehand though.
Klumpen0815: I missed XIII, Re-Volt and Colin McRae Rally completely and wonder if they ever will be in my library. :(
Damn, I hope they'll come back.
I wish I had picked up a GOG Re-Volt myself although I think my original copy of the game still works. I got that game many years ago when I bought my daughters their first computers of their own and setup our first home network using an Intel network that used the house wires if I recall correctly. There was no wireless home networks back then. I did that in response to them constantly camping my computer to play my Asheron's Call account which they took over on me. Nothing was sacred. Those girls took my clothes, my camera, my videos at times, my computer, played my game. I was a serf in my own castle!

To give you an idea of how long ago that was, both of those little girls are all grown up now and have completed their master's degrees and are professionally employed. I am even a grandfather now thanks to my oldest daughter.

Anyway, at the time I remember Re-Volt being great fun. I had a blast with that game. I remember too that the graphics were awesome, at least for the time they were. I hope it returns to GOG too. I'd buy it in digital form.
Post edited December 19, 2015 by dirtyharry50
Tarm: Thank you. I already have the Duke Nukem games I want and the others aren't very interesting to me but the risk of them being pulled is starting to be a selling argument in itself. :/
KoreaBeat: At Bundle Stars you can pick it up fir $5 as part of Killer Bundle 6. Just for three more days.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look over there. :)
Unlike Duke Nukem, I'm sure Descent will be back here eventually.
Messages like this always makes me feel sad a bit. Although I probably wouldn't bought these games soon removing games from catalog is not cool.
Hope it's not beginning of bigger catalog clearing.
I'm not too worried, these will return soon :)
dirtyharry50: snip
How cute, I wish more girls around here would like to have children, but living in the country with the lowest birth rate on the planet doesn't give me high chances.

Re-Volt's graphics are still nice today. I always loved the game and sometimes use my CD again.
The only downside of Re-Volt is, that there are no bots in multiplayer in the PC version, which is really sad since local multiplayer against bots was the greatest part of all Mario Kart clones.
Hopefully we'll get Blur here some day, it's the best Mario Kart clone in existence, imho.
dirtyharry50: I wish I had picked up a GOG Re-Volt myself
I missed that too, even if I don't have nostalgia connections to it.
Aemenyn: Anyone aware of what legal issues are going on surrounding the descent franchise?
dewtech: Those guys maybe?
http://descendentstudios.com/
Contact them and apparently they don't have the rights for the old Descent games and weren't involved in their removal from GOG.

Send an email to Interplay about the subject.
low rated
Easy solution : Piratebay gog version or buy on Steam. Done!