It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
I refuse to purchase anything from GOG until they undo this and just let me buy the original games. Ans if they never do, that's ok with me too. There are plenty of other sites to buy games from...
Have a cow! :P
tinyE: Have a cow! :P
You do know that it is possible to summon a cow in these games, right? In Baldur's Gate 1, there is a special scroll, unobtainable without cheats, that will summon one. In Baldur's Gate 2, any time a wild surge occurs, there is a 1% chance it will summon a cow.

I believe the summoned cow just acts like a one time attack like fireball rather than a persistent summon, however.
titmo: I refuse to purchase anything from GOG until they undo this and just let me buy the original games. Ans if they never do, that's ok with me too. There are plenty of other sites to buy games from...
You could always ask politely for someone who bought the EEs to gift you their spare code; because most of them, most probably, owned the originals already beforehand...

I would be happy to give you my extras, but i fear i refunded the mighty garbage, sorry, the enhanced editions i mean, before the merging, so i don't have any. I own only the originals themselves from way back and i fear this is going to forever remain like this.

Try asking kindly though for that one spare code... You never know. Just don't mention the three-letter word; it will make everyone want to skin you!
titmo: I refuse to purchase anything from GOG until they undo this and just let me buy the original games. Ans if they never do, that's ok with me too. There are plenty of other sites to buy games from...
KiNgBrAdLeY7: You could always ask politely for someone who bought the EEs to gift you their spare code; because most of them, most probably, owned the originals already beforehand...

I would be happy to give you my extras, but i fear i refunded the mighty garbage, sorry, the enhanced editions i mean, before the merging, so i don't have any. I own only the originals themselves from way back and i fear this is going to forever remain like this.

Try asking kindly though for that one spare code... You never know. Just don't mention the three-letter word; it will make everyone want to skin you!
I absolutely agree. I just gifted my spare codes to a friend, and I am sure that someone else on here would likely have some to give you.
Well that sucks. No more originals and the price doubled. :(
i honestly don't see THAT big of an issue. ok the price of the original BG2 is/was $10, while the EE was $20.

so i guess you would have saved some money if you only wanted to buy the original and didn't care for the EE.

but i think i could name a few games that are remakes/HDs version/etc.. that includes the original version as well.

just off the top of my head, broken sword here on GoG, and homeworld collection.
Well that sucks. No more originals and the price doubled. :(
This isn't a big deal to me.

As far as the price "doubling" - well those "aware" of that could have purchased them before the deal ende and thus not get bit by it. Beyond that - there will be sales.

Other games are also bundled on GOG and it doesn't seem to have really hurt anyone.

Some examples:

System Shock

Redguard

Riddick

I don't feel it's "shady" nor a "douchebag move" nor "EXTREMELY disgusting" (you gotta watch these threads - often the same poster will complain multiple times and it's easy to read each occurrence as a different poster - sort of a "review carpet bomb".

The main issue I do see (and maybe agree with - but haven't thought it through enough to decide yet) is if the reviews for the original are "lost" or "lumped in" with the EE and not easily distinguished. But I don't see that as a "deal-breaker - I'm never buying from here again" issue.

It is what it is - a retail move. Stuff happens. Obviously some feel differently, and that's their right. Not all of us do though - so I wanted to put my voice into the pile.
Martek: The main issue I do see (and maybe agree with - but haven't thought it through enough to decide yet) is if the reviews for the original are "lost" or "lumped in" with the EE and not easily distinguished.
The reviews have gone the way of the dodo.
seems like the reviews for BG 1/2 and IWD are only for the EE .and they purged the old reviews for the originals so all is well
Grargar: The reviews have gone the way of the dodo.
You mean they're on display in a museum on Mauritius?
DeMignon: You mean they're on display in a museum on Mauritius?
Heh. Maybe if that museum was a wayback machine. ;)
low rated
jjyiz28: seems like the reviews for BG 1/2 and IWD are only for the EE .and they purged the old reviews for the originals so all is well
You sure ? This garbage still hs 4 stars, I'm losing hope in humanity here.
high rated
I think some of you are missing the fact that Beamdog is trying to capitalize on stuff they never did, by claiming it as it was made by them. Don't even bring games like Redguard or System Shock as examples because they were added under different circumstances. Beamdog is effectively deleting an important part of gaming history and you're all praising them for I don't know what reason. Honestly, I'd rather give my money to Activision, EA and Ubisoft by purchasing old games that still belong to them instead of giving anything to Beamdog. At least the earlier are devils I know. It's an ugly case of bullying against users and against people who care about games in general,as ugly and dirty as the circumstances of Bethesda stealing Fallout back in the early 00s.
Post edited May 01, 2016 by user deleted