It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
DieGans: I purchased the enhanced edition and immediately refunded it when I learned about the SJW crap Beamdog is all about.

I used to have a bunch of screenshots of Amber Scott's twitter and various Beamdog devs and their rantings but I've since deleted them.
DrearierSpider: Did the exact same thing, no regrets whatsoever. Originals still work fine, if not ideally.
I've owned my EE editions too long for a refund. Back when BG:EE was first released I got involved in a long discussion on the Beamdog forum regarding the lack of a DRM-free version, and that I wouldn't buy a DRM'd version. I did state I would buy the EE edition if they eventually released a DRM-free version, and they eventually did here. So I don't regret my purchase due to the DRM-free release and the Linux version. However, I don't think I will be buying the expansion, and unless things change I don't expect BG3 will be a future purchase either. The originals can be technologically improved, but the story, characters and dialog should be left alone.
low rated
Can we have an option to permanently ban anyone from the forum who uses the term "SJW"? :P

Come to think of it, how about a stop to meaningless flamebait words period.
Post edited April 28, 2016 by tinyE
low rated
tinyE: Can we have an option to permanently ban anyone from the forum who uses the term "SJW"? :P

I'd settle for just a block function, even. If people want to scream their irrational anger into the void, fine, but it's boring and useless for the rest of humanity.
tinyE: Can we have an option to permanently ban anyone from the forum who uses the term "SJW"? :P

Gilozard: I'd settle for just a block function, even. If people want to scream their irrational anger into the void, fine, but it's boring and useless for the rest of humanity.
Yeah, I was obviously joking with the ban comment, but a block would be nice.
DrearierSpider: Originals still work fine, if not ideally.
My sentiments exactly... "Don't *fix* what is NOT *broken*"...

Sorry son, but a fascistic approach like "hide the garbage you don't want every visitor to notice underneath the carpet" and "ban everyone who don't agree with you", doesn't work in here thankfully, at least yet. Stop being a nazi, exactly like the ones you see in others. Just saying...
Post edited April 28, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
low rated

Agreed, but keep in mind that your post (the one I am replying to) would also be caught, even though it only mentions the term rather than actually uses it. (Software can't tell the difference here.)

I won't be upgrading my versions simply because I actually don't like all the bug fixing they did. (I did get IWD:EE, but only because it adds features that can't be added in mods, but I may mod the game to revert some of the bug fixes, at least one of which breaks what I consider a legitimate strategy.) There's also the fact that I don't really like the gameplay in these games; turn-based combat is *far* better.

With that said, I do like the fact that the new Baldur's Gate expansion includes a transgender character; she just needs some more development.
trusteft: [i]
It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made Siege of Dragonspear possible [/i]

So that's who to blame for that? If I knew it I wouldn't have bought the EE when I did. SJW=vomit.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Quick replies:

1) "Big Momma" Amber Scott is to blame for everything concerning SoD. She got paid to rape the franchise.
2) If you regret buying EEs, you can politely ask for a gog-store-credit-refund; that's what i did and i was allowed to. You should NEVER support garbage titles with crap content who also destroy classic games, instead of expanding on them; while propagating that they "FIX" them, too...
3) SJW=vomit for a reason and a good one, too. In the beginning, it was tolerance and acceptance. In the present, it is intrusion, agenda, propaganda, enforced and provocative displays of hate to classic media with the self-delusion of "FIXING" them, while actually destroying them, by turning them into pushers of certain rhetoric. Anyone who wants the original, traditional stuff and is bugged by what became of it, is a "nazi", an "enemy", a "scum"; it's no longer about tolerance but about DOMINANCE! As plain as that. Thankfully, refund dominates better than a crappy plot and a hamfisted eyesore which ruined the legacy of an all-times classic masterpiece, such as this one.

P.S. Try refunding in case you are eligible, too. In store credits.
I can't ask for a refund, it's been a while since I bought them.
I will definitely be more careful in the future though as to what I buy.

Also, thank you to the people how down rated my and others' posts about this. You just prove how pathetic you are.
low rated
vsr: Beamdog, you're hopeless. See you one year later.
PS: fix your damn "Graphics" options ("pixels outline" option, and two options related to health bars) - they are reset to default after game quit.
All these complaints about graphical glitches just make me smile. Kids these days... Beamdog doesn't have a patch on Obsidian, Bethesda, etc. So long as graphical glitches are the big complain they're doing just fine for a new expansion.
low rated
trusteft: Also, thank you to the people how down rated my and others' posts about this. You just prove how pathetic you are.
One word of advice: Don't use that three letter abbreviation that starts with a curvy letter. If you had not included that last sentence (the one with that three letter abbreviation followed by the equal sign followed literally by "vomit"), I would not have had to down rate that post.
trusteft: I can't ask for a refund, it's been a while since I bought them.

Also, thank you to the people how down rated my and others' posts about this. You just prove how pathetic you are.
Did you try to? Not refund in cash, but in got store credit... Try before the deadline...

About being careful, yep, it was a hard but mandatory lesson to anyone involved, i fear... At least now onwards we will know better than to trust an esteemed franchise's title in blind faith, just before purchasing!

And what downvotes? I didn't notice anything, it must be the wind howling outside... Stop giving meaning/worth to each and every cheap, tactless reply-move to anyone who disagrees with something you do or say. Besides, it's their right to protest when they don't like something, like we protested for something we didn't like. We are not fascists like them to demand for bans and word-based censorship, right? Freedom fighters deep down, are slave fighters, actually, instead.

Now, someone, please gimme back Baldur's Gate without it being "fixed"! PLEASE SOMEONE!!!
Post edited April 28, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7

dtgreene: Agreed, but keep in mind that your post (the one I am replying to) would also be caught, even though it only mentions the term rather than actually uses it. (Software can't tell the difference here.)

I won't be upgrading my versions simply because I actually don't like all the bug fixing they did. (I did get IWD:EE, but only because it adds features that can't be added in mods, but I may mod the game to revert some of the bug fixes, at least one of which breaks what I consider a legitimate strategy.) There's also the fact that I don't really like the gameplay in these games; turn-based combat is *far* better.

With that said, I do like the fact that the new Baldur's Gate expansion includes a transgender character; she just needs some more development.
I was joking dt.
If anyone starts banning any words in here I will be the 1st one to go, and it will be of my own accord and it will be permanent.
low rated
dtgreene: Agreed, but keep in mind that your post (the one I am replying to) would also be caught, even though it only mentions the term rather than actually uses it. (Software can't tell the difference here.)

tinyE: I was joking dt.
If anyone starts banning any words in here I will be the 1st one to go, and it will be of my own accord and it will be permanent.
I know you were joking (from a post you made shortly afterwords), but I find that people who use that particular 3 letter abbreviation are not fair-minded people. If it were possible to block users on the forum, those who use that term would be prime candidates for blocking.

Also, you only needed to quote the first paragraph of my post, as you didn't say anything about my reasons for not getting BG{1,2}:EE.
trusteft: Also, thank you to the people how down rated my and others' posts about this. You just prove how pathetic you are.
dtgreene: One word of advice: Don't use that three letter abbreviation that starts with a curvy letter. If you had not included that last sentence (the one with that three letter abbreviation followed by the equal sign followed literally by "vomit"), I would not have had to down rate that post.
That's the spirit, attacking people for using words you don't like.
Meh.

trusteft: I can't ask for a refund, it's been a while since I bought them.

KiNgBrAdLeY7: Did you try to? Not refund in cash, but in got store credit... Try before the deadline...

About being careful, yep, it was a hard but mandatory lesson to anyone involved, i fear... At least now onwards we will know better than to trust an esteemed franchise's title in blind faith, just before purchasing!

And what downvotes? I didn't notice anything, it must be the wind howling outside... Stop giving meaning/worth to each and every cheap, tactless reply-move to anyone who disagrees with something you do or say. Besides, it's their right to protest when they don't like something, like we protested for something we didn't like. We are not fascists like them to demand for bans and word-based censorship, right? Freedom fighters deep down, are slave fighters, actually, instead.

Now, someone, please gimme back Baldur's Gate without it being "fixed"! PLEASE SOMEONE!!!
I am pretty sure I got it "ages" ago. I am not even going to try to get a refund. I should have been more careful.
Yes it is interesting how the only people who actually downvoted posts, did it in the name of...I don't know, SJ? Like they are some kind of W. One could say SJW? I don't know, I don't care. I just find it funny how the promoters of "freedom" are the first to ask for bans.
Post edited April 28, 2016 by trusteft
low rated
trusteft: I just find it funny how the promoters of "freedom" are the first to ask for bans.
Your freedom ends when it infringes on mine, in general.

For example, you are not free to assault others, because doing so deprives people of their freedoms.

(I should also note that the particular three letter abbreviation is a strong signal that the person using it is a bigot.)
Sorry this thread is TL:DR for me right now.

Do we get upgraded to the EE's if we just own the originals?