It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
If i use the separate EE links, i do get the 85% discount (i own the original games).
Maighstir: News posts have never been updated when the promo page disappears though. You can find news posts from years ago with their now-broken links still there.
chromeneon: I'm not talking about the news article about the deal (that's in the left corner of the front page and weirdly enough it doesn't even have links to the deal in question included except to the new expansion), I'm talking about the deal's click-to-purchase tile that's up in the right corner on the front page. Those do get removed when they expire, see weekend promo that was just removed last night.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you, I thought you meant the link in the post (I only rarely see the front page, as I usually go directly to the general forum via bookmarks).
Definitive Edition Bundle ?
will the classic BG1+2 in the bundle for free?
how much will the listprice be of the bundle?

will it be 53.97 including the BG1+2 classic? (classic swould be free as a bonus)
or will the 2 prices of 8.99 each added to the existing 53.97?

that would make it: 53.97+17.99(bg1+2) = 71.99 or something like that?

i have all the games , got the bg1+2 classic when i saw them and i got the EE at a sale.
Post edited April 05, 2016 by gamesfreak64
wolfsrain: If i use the separate EE links, i do get the 85% discount (i own the original games).
Yes.
gamesfreak64: Definitive Edition Bundle ?
will the classic BG1+2 in the bundle for free?
how much will the listprice be of the bundle?

will it be 53.97 including the BG1+2 classic? (classic swould be free as a bonus)
or will the 2 prices of 8.99 each added to the existing 53.97?

that would make it: 53.97+17.99(bg1+2) = 71.99 or something like that?

i have all the games , got the bg1+2 classic when i saw them and i got the EE at a sale.
I may have misunderstood the post, but I'm fairly sure that the price of the current EE's will be the same as they are now, the only difference being that you will get the respective original as well - buy Baldur's gate EE and you get the original Baldur's Gate, buy Baldur's Gate II EE and you get the original Baldur's Gate II, buy Icewind Dale EE and you also get the original Icewind Dale. Or rather, everyone who has the EE's on their shelf (regardless of when they're bought), will get the originals.
Post edited April 05, 2016 by Maighstir
low rated
I don't know if I'm being stupid here, but can I assume that my enhanced editions will be updated to include the originals at the end of the month?

Also I'm not sure why people are moaning that the originals are getting canned - they're not, they will be available in the bundle! Modern gamers are the biggest bunch of whingers around, every new game release, every new DLC there's some massive problem about how people are being 'screwed' and how game developers owe them this and that. Seriously. And to be moaning about a sale offering an extra discount of £1-£3, how cheap can you be? We're talking about a total outlay of around £6 for a whole game.

I think it's great that there are game studios taking the time and effort to enhance older games that people love so much, let alone providing a HUGE, brand new expansion. There's must be plenty of gamers who loved BG on release who would never had thought they get this kind of thing. If the price of that is to pay a TINY amount of money for an UPGRADED version of the original which you either have and keep anyway I don't see how anyone can complain.

I hope for humanity's sake the silent majority of gamers are ones who are happy to get these games at great prices and are thankful for the effort people are making to optimise them, and if they aren't happy about it they just don't buy it and decide to do something else!
alxglen: I don't know if I'm being stupid here, but can I assume that my enhanced editions will be updated to include the originals at the end of the month?

Also I'm not sure why people are moaning that the originals are getting canned - they're not, they will be available in the bundle! Modern gamers are the biggest bunch of whingers around, every new game release, every new DLC there's some massive problem about how people are being 'screwed' and how game developers owe them this and that. Seriously. And to be moaning about a sale offering an extra discount of £1-£3, how cheap can you be? We're talking about a total outlay of around £6 for a whole game.

I think it's great that there are game studios taking the time and effort to enhance older games that people love so much, let alone providing a HUGE, brand new expansion. There's must be plenty of gamers who loved BG on release who would never had thought they get this kind of thing. If the price of that is to pay a TINY amount of money for an UPGRADED version of the original which you either have and keep anyway I don't see how anyone can complain.

I hope for humanity's sake the silent majority of gamers are ones who are happy to get these games at great prices and are thankful for the effort people are making to optimise them, and if they aren't happy about it they just don't buy it and decide to do something else!
You probably missed about 20 years of modding...And you show it plenty.
high rated
alxglen: I don't know if I'm being stupid here, but can I assume that my enhanced editions will be updated to include the originals at the end of the month?
That's what I would assume. Though depending on the form the change may take, the case may be that you don't notice a difference if you already have the originals. There are -as I see it- three possible cases:
1: The bundled originals simply replace the stand-alone originals on the shelf (and you won't notice anything, unless GOG change the pictures).
2: The stand-alone originals will be renamed, like the Fallout games were, and the bundled originals will be given their own boxes on the shelf.
3: The downloads for the bundled originals will be in the EEs' box. (I find this one to be quite unlikely).

alxglen: Also I'm not sure why people are moaning that the originals are getting canned - they're not, they will be available in the bundle!
I would assume that people want Beamdog and Hasbro to know that "this money you get is for the original games, not the modded editions".

EDIT: Missed a verb.
Post edited April 05, 2016 by Maighstir
high rated
Maighstir: I would assume that people Beamdog and Hasbro to know that "this money you get is for the original games, not the modded editions".
Or, more likely, that it will be twice as expensive now to get the classic version.
high rated
This change makes me really sad, as I would like to support only the original Baldur's Gate. EE differs quite a lot and I wish that GoG would preserve the original seperately.

On a side note I noticed that most aritcles about BG nowadays, especially its legacy and history feature EE's screenshots, sad times for those who enjoy the original.
low rated
moonshineshadow: It will be just merged as a bundle for buyers. There will still be both versions in the library, so I'm not sure why that is a problem.
And once you downloaded the game, there is no refund possible aside from the money back thing because of technical problems.
Hammer49: Yeah, I just found the thing about refunds only being offered if there are technical issues with the game.

I hope you're right about the different versions being separated in the library. The wording of this announcement is somewhat ambiguous.
On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately.

I don't know how much clearer the OP could get.
Hammer49: Yeah, I just found the thing about refunds only being offered if there are technical issues with the game.

I hope you're right about the different versions being separated in the library. The wording of this announcement is somewhat ambiguous.
Gilozard: On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately.

I think you missed the relevant line: "If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected."

That seems clear enough, but all you can assume is that you won't lose the classics if you already own them. What if you own both the original version of Icewind Dale and the enhanced edition? Will the original be merged with the enhanced edition's extras or will it still have its own entry in the library? This is what concerns me.
Post edited April 05, 2016 by Hammer49
Hammer49: Will the original be merged with the enhanced edition's extras or will it still have its own entry in the library?
Yes. Take Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, or Wasteland 2: Director's Cut. The original games come as an extra with the EE/DC version, and do have their own entries in your library.
So, if you wish to purchase D:OS you need to buy D:OS EE. Same thing with these games.
Pre-post edit: I'm unsure if new D:OS EE buyers get the original as well, since I did have the original when EE came out. Will have to double check this.
low rated
Gilozard: On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately.

Hammer49: I think you missed the relevant line: "If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected."

That seems clear enough, but all you can assume is that you won't lose the classics if you already own them. What if you own both the original version of Icewind Dale and the enhanced edition? Will the original be merged with the enhanced edition's extras or will it still have its own entry in the library? This is what concerns me.
That line is pretty clearly saying your current shelf won't be impacted, so the original entry should stay put.

Based on similar situations previous, probably what will happen is that the original installer will get added to the EE extras.
Hammer49: Will the original be merged with the enhanced edition's extras or will it still have its own entry in the library?
JMich: Yes. Take Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, or Wasteland 2: Director's Cut. The original games come as an extra with the EE/DC version, and do have their own entries in your library.
So, if you wish to purchase D:OS you need to buy D:OS EE. Same thing with these games.
Pre-post edit: I'm unsure if new D:OS EE buyers get the original as well, since I did have the original when EE came out. Will have to double check this.
You can ask for the original installer, but I don't think it's offered in the download section. Perhaps size was a consideration?

For other games yeah, the old installer goes into the extras section.
Post edited April 05, 2016 by Gilozard
Gilozard: You can ask for the original installer, but I don't think it's offered in the download section.
? You're talking about D:OS or Wasteland 2? Or is this a case of getting the games after the new versions came out, thus not getting the old ones?

Edit: Ah, just saw the comment on D:OS EE.
Attachments:
dos.jpg (29 Kb)
Post edited April 05, 2016 by JMich
GOG.com: Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

You can now pick up Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition at -75%, or Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition at 60% off. And if you own the original games already, you can get all three Enhanced Editions at 85% off - the discount will be applied during checkout.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
So for what I understand we are forced to support Beamdog regardless from the 29th of April onwards...