It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
What does SJW mean and what's the story behind?

I don't feel like reading a hundred pages of forum drama so if someone could give the tldr version, that would be nice.

edit: so the above post answered the first part
Post edited April 04, 2016 by chromeneon
chromeneon: What does SJW mean and what's the story behind?

I don't feel like reading a hundred pages of forum drama so if someone could give the tldr version, that would be nice.

From KnowYourMeme:

"Social Justice Warrior is a pejorative label applied to bloggers, activists and commentators who are prone to engage in lengthy and hostile debates against others on a range of issues concerning social injustice, identity politics and political correctness. In contrast to the social justice blogosphere at large, the stereotype of a social justice warrior is distinguished by the use of overzealous and self-righteous rhetorics, as well as appealing to emotions over logic and reason."

I honestly dont like labeling people, but this is why it is considered to be a derogatory term.
high rated
MocnyMichal: I don't recall saying anything about "a minor joke" or other reason why SoD is bad expansion (and it is because of lazy desing, poor writing and general lack of quality), so I would be grateful if you would stop making false assumptions based on your imagination.
Gilozard: You complained about 'SJW at Beamdog'. The reason people are calling Beamdog 'SJW' (which is hilarious, they clearly don't know what that phrase means) are up in arms over a couple jokes and a few changed lines.

If you want to complain about bad writing, you have to actually complain about bad writing. You didn't. You also didn't complain about bad quality, lazy design, or any of that. You complained about 'SJW'. Now you're trying to pretend you said something different than what you actually said.

Maybe the problem is your understanding of English? Your grammar is good but you sometimes use words that aren't quite right.
I hope you know that amber Scott admitted that she was proud of being an SJW, and is well-known in the tabletop RPG community as a horrible writer who deliberately pushes an agenda. It shows how little you truly know. Let me educate you:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfJb7xJUAAE3mt0.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfI4zG4WQAAM7OG.jpg
Eh, no longer being able to buy the originals separately kinda sucks I guess but just look at how often the enhanced editions go on sale. Not that big of a deal imo.
Gilozard: You complained about 'SJW at Beamdog'. The reason people are calling Beamdog 'SJW' (which is hilarious, they clearly don't know what that phrase means) are up in arms over a couple jokes and a few changed lines.

If you want to complain about bad writing, you have to actually complain about bad writing. You didn't. You also didn't complain about bad quality, lazy design, or any of that. You complained about 'SJW'. Now you're trying to pretend you said something different than what you actually said.

Maybe the problem is your understanding of English? Your grammar is good but you sometimes use words that aren't quite right.
Taxonomic: I hope you know that amber Scott admitted that she was proud of being an SJW, and is well-known in the tabletop RPG community as a horrible writer who deliberately pushes an agenda. It shows how little you truly know. Let me educate you:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfJb7xJUAAE3mt0.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfI4zG4WQAAM7OG.jpg
Man, if all that is true, doesnt make that just released expansion very promising....

lunaticox: From KnowYourMeme:

"Social Justice Warrior is a pejorative label applied to bloggers, activists and commentators who are prone to engage in lengthy and hostile debates against others on a range of issues concerning social injustice, identity politics and political correctness. In contrast to the social justice blogosphere at large, the stereotype of a social justice warrior is distinguished by the use of overzealous and self-righteous rhetorics, as well as appealing to emotions over logic and reason."

I honestly dont like labeling people, but this is why it is considered to be a derogatory term.
Anyone else sick of people pushing the whole political correctness (bs imho)...?

Thanks for telling us what SJW stands for :D
Post edited April 04, 2016 by Niggles
Ric1987: Eh, no longer being able to buy the originals separately kinda sucks I guess but just look at how often the enhanced editions go on sale. Not that big of a deal imo.
Being able to show, via purchases, that (some/most?) people prefer the originals is kind of a deal though.
Ric1987: Eh, no longer being able to buy the originals separately kinda sucks I guess but just look at how often the enhanced editions go on sale. Not that big of a deal imo.
Maighstir: Being able to show, via purchases, that (some/most?) people prefer the originals is kind of a deal though.
I think most people that prefer the originals and feel that strongly about it would have bought them already?
low rated
Lajciak: I don't know what sjw is though...
It stands for "social justice warrior". It's a phrase used to mean "decent human being" by people who consider that an insult.
I thought the enhanced editions were a great deal, so I finally picked them up. The last time I played one of these, I played IWD 1. So I created a whole party for BGEE. Whoops. I am trying to decide whether to play Archer, Shaman, Wild Mage, or Jester.

Anyone know how to bind "Show interactive items" to a key? I did not see it in the config settings.
Maighstir: Being able to show, via purchases, that (some/most?) people prefer the originals is kind of a deal though.
Ric1987: I think most people that prefer the originals and feel that strongly about it would have bought them already?
They would also like to gift them to people that did not bought them and are not exactly interested in the "Enhanced Editions". So shoving down their throats stuff that most do not want is not a great move. I think this is Beamdog's doing, not GOG, so they could push the sales of ill-reputed games (mostly because of unsolved bugs and with a new patch that broke more than did repair). I hoped that they will manage to clean up their messy releases, but it seems that they are not able to. More i read, more i want to stay away of their products. Also, that's the kind of move that is pushing people in the wrong places, as the original games will not be available for sale separately anywhere in digital format.
Post edited April 04, 2016 by wolfsrain
MocnyMichal: Terrible, terrible decision...
Although I've bought BG:EE as well as BG2:EE in hope that this SoD expasion will be any good (and it's just terrible), I made an illogical gesture and bought also classic editions, since I don't want to have them on GOG "thanks" to those SJWs from Beamdog.

By doing this I'm not only showing my attachement to good, classical versions of BG games (I have them all on CD, DVD and now on GOG), but also supporting GOG since in general they are doing a great job.
Gilozard: Dude, you are way overreacting.

The expansion makes a minor joke about a current gaming topic. Beamdog didn't kick your puppies and burn your house down.

After all the GGers who've excused actual criminal behavior with 'it was just a joke', it's really ironic to find out that they can't take an actual, literal joke.
That's the sort of lies that make this bad taste joke and other changes annoy people so much.
Ironically more than a few people in the "industry" were saying nerds should get bullied or attacked only to turn around and say they were just joking.

One of the devs on the steamforum is making stuff up about being attacked from reddit.
https://sli.mg/A2Jr60

They must be getting paid to put out this nonsense.
wolfsrain: They would also like to gift them to people that did not bought them and are not exactly interested in the "Enhanced Editions". So shoving down their throats stuff that most do not want is not a great move. I think this is Beamdog's doing, not GOG, so they could push the sales of ill-reputed games (mostly because of unsolved bugs and with a new patch that broke more than did repair). I hoped that they will manage to clean up their messy releases, but it seems that they are not able to. More i read, more i want to stay away of their products. Also, that's the kind of move that is pushing people in the wrong places, as the original games will not be available for sale separately anywhere in digital format.
I would suspect, considering that Hasbro owns the rights to Baldur's Gate, that this is Hasbro's doing rather than Beamdogs doing.
@ lunaticox, ydobemos Thanks, but I already got that part from the post above my question. I was asking what the story behind this particular drama is.
Post edited April 04, 2016 by chromeneon
qwixter: I thought the enhanced editions were a great deal, so I finally picked them up. The last time I played one of these, I played IWD 1. So I created a whole party for BGEE. Whoops. I am trying to decide whether to play Archer, Shaman, Wild Mage, or Jester.

Anyone know how to bind "Show interactive items" to a key? I did not see it in the config settings.
It's bound to TAB and I remember reading it can't be changed to a different key.
qwixter: I thought the enhanced editions were a great deal, so I finally picked them up. The last time I played one of these, I played IWD 1. So I created a whole party for BGEE. Whoops. I am trying to decide whether to play Archer, Shaman, Wild Mage, or Jester.

DubConqueror: It's bound to TAB and I remember reading it can't be changed to a different key.
Thanks!