It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
HunchBluntley: (Also: "morale"? ;) )
ValamirCleaver: Maybe he's a wargamer... ;)
WeR138: Wait until November and ask anyone who gets cheap crap at Wal-Mart on Black Friday how they would feel about said crap being cheaper in a week. I'm guessing you'll get an ear-full.
ValamirCleaver: By someone who's so easily manipulated by obvious loss leader marketing? Why should anyone care about that?...
I don't care or want to understand the Black Friday scene. But I know that if you make people think they are working towards something special, and then turn around and give it someone else, there's going to be resentment.

You or I can say that someone shouldn't feel punked over $5, but hey.....who am I to say.
Gonchi: 10 mins, ouch. Did you even get out of Candlekeep?

Is it genre thing, have you enjoyed other RPGs?
Sure, RPG is my fav genre.
Only similar games like Baldur's Gate I avoid like the plague.
It was the first screen...for moving my party I had to circle them...and BINGO I lost interest....dunno why the same works fine for me in strategy games ;-) And don't ask me why after this disaster I still bought BG II and Dale.
That's a treat. I just got all three. Thanks a lot!
Grargar: Definitive Edition bundle... interesting.

By the way, the 85% discount is applied only during the checkout, so don't panic if you don't initially see it.
If you open games individually, you'll see 85% off (if you already have classic versions of course).
Post edited April 03, 2016 by shmerl
Maighstir: All right Beamdog, you win this time. For $3 each, I can accept trying out your heathen diabolical bastardisations of the best games in the universe.
It'll be a shame when IWD2 EE gets released (I believe it will come)... I can see them sell all four bundled together for $20 but if you buy this bundle of three today and only need to add IWD2 EE you'll probably have to pony up $19.

Please stop doing this to us.
fuzzknuckle: Please stop doing this to us.
They can easily give a discount for those who own all other enhanced versions.
I heard the writer of the new DLC is gonna use the game as a tool to push her beliefs.
Shadowstalker16: I heard the writer of the new DLC is gonna use the game as a tool to push her beliefs.
What do you mean?
Shadowstalker16: I heard the writer of the new DLC is gonna use the game as a tool to push her beliefs.
In the absence of of a reputable & verifiable citation supporting this unsubstantiated assertion I'm going to assume that your talking feces out of your rear orifice...
Hello.

I own baldurs gate 1 and 2 original versions and icewind dale also original.

If I buy all three enhanced versions, i´ll get the 85% discount, I understood that.

I know that if I dont buy EE editions, my original games on gog will remain the same.

But if I buy the EE editions, will I be able to choose if I want to download/play original separated from enhanced?

If buying the enhanced versions means I´ll say goodbye to the originals, then I´ll pass.

I hope some blue guy answer this before the promo goes out.

Thanks.
peixoto: But if I buy the EE editions, will I be able to choose if I want to download/play original separated from enhanced? If buying the enhanced versions means I´ll say goodbye to the originals, then I´ll pass.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/definitive_edition_bundle_baldurs_gate_i_ii_icewind_dale_cabe2/post1
"If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected."
ValamirCleaver: In the absence of of a reputable & verifiable citation supporting this unsubstantiated assertion I'm going to assume that your talking feces out of your rear orifice...
Ask and you may receive : http://archive.is/Lwu6p
low rated
Shadowstalker16: Ask and you may receive : http://archive.is/Lwu6p
How about quoting a specific line?...
Shadowstalker16: Ask and you may receive : http://archive.is/Lwu6p
ValamirCleaver: How about quoting a specific line?...
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott.

“In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say like, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”
ValamirCleaver: How about quoting a specific line?...
Shadowstalker16: “If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott.

“In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say like, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”
Jesus. A couple of lines at a character's expense and suddenly there has to be reparations? How about some reparations for having a male character represented as a moron who thinks he has a giant space hamster? Imagine the clusterfuck if that character had been female.

Time to build a rocket and get off this planet.
low rated
OH NOES! A female writer does not want to continue perpetuate the tired old tropes of a bitchy & domineering wife, a hen pecked husband or a vapid empty-headed sexpot like it's still the mid-80s! What is this world coming to?!...
arrjayjee: How about some reparations for having a male character represented as a moron who thinks he has a giant space hamster? Imagine the clusterfuck if that character had been female.
Actually there are a pair of characters in SoD that are more or less the female version of Misnc & the male version of Dynaheir.
Post edited April 03, 2016 by ValamirCleaver