It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
deleted
Shendue: Some of us also care about other people, you know. What about those who stayed awake for DAYS to have an opportunity to get one (that, i shouldn't remember you, was scarcely offered on purpose to induce people into staying awake the whole time and eventually buy other stuff) and then got this big middle finger right in their face?
Nah, I'm sorry but i cannot agree with you. This is pure trolling.
amok: the morale is to never ever buy something, because it may become cheaper in a different sale at some other time.
Looks at Arx Fatalis, stares at Arx Fatalis - "There did you see, it shook it's head.".
amok: the morale is to never ever buy something, because it may become cheaper in a different sale at some other time.
MaGo72: Looks at Arx Fatalis, stares at Arx Fatalis - "There did you see, it shook it's head.".
A few seconds before the end of the universe, Arx Fatalis will have a 95%-off promo.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by Maighstir
MaGo72: Looks at Arx Fatalis, stares at Arx Fatalis - "There did you see, it shook it's head.".
Maighstir: A few seconds before the end of the universe, Arx Fatalis will have a 95%-off promo.
Well, at least we now know when the world will end, who needs a mayan calendar when you have Arx Fatalis.
Schnuff: It's funny...I still have my original boxes somewhere....and played them for mmh max 10 minutes.
Guess this games are just not my thing.
Maighstir: You're now added to my list of "people that 'accidents' will happen to".
Let me tell you that I don't like horses....so if by chance I'll wake up next to a horsehead I'll just mount it to the wall.
Maighstir: You're now added to my list of "people that 'accidents' will happen to".
Schnuff: Let me tell you that I don't like horses....so if by chance I'll wake up next to a horsehead I'll just mount it to the wall.
Noted.
Lemon_Curry: True, I just hope the original versions will be treated equally to the enhanced ones, that is as fully supported non-bonus material.
I hope it too. Maybe having them as separate games in the accounts of the people which already have bought them helps to keep up some pressure. Eventually these games still will be abandoned. That's what this step implies, I'm afraid. But as long as they at least provide the original games as they are it cannot get worse than what Double Fine does with Grim Fandango or Day of the Tentacle.
Socratatus: I really wish you guys wouldn`t waste time on putting in achievements. Spend that time improving the mechanics and functionality.

People never used to `need` achievements like babies getting brownie stars, playing the game and accomplishing stuff in the game was always achievment enough.

I find it patronising and sad that so many kids can`t play a game without stupid brownie stars `achievements` of
N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
I don't understand the antagonism toward achievements/trophies from some quarters. High score screens are an equally pointless measurement of accomplishment, yet noone complains (or even comments) when they're in a game.
Casval_Deikun: Statistic, reviews, user rating disappear?
Unfortunately. That's another major annoyance of this step, but mainly a problem with GOGs handling of removed games which they finally should solve.
Shendue: Some of us also care about other people, you know. What about those who stayed awake for DAYS to have an opportunity to get one (that, i shouldn't remember you, was scarcely offered on purpose to induce people into staying awake the whole time and eventually buy other stuff) and then got this big middle finger right in their face?
Nah, I'm sorry but i cannot agree with you. This is pure trolling.
:-D

So I de-installed the older BG EE version and installed the newly patched one. So far not seeing anything wrong with it, as you can turn most new graphic features off if you dislike them, the list of fixed bugs is impressive, and there are some really neat gameplay improvements, not to mention all the new stuff like the new classes, new difficulty settings, the option for creating a whole party IWD style etc. More options = good, at least in my book.
Socratatus: I really wish you guys wouldn`t waste time on putting in achievements. Spend that time improving the mechanics and functionality.

People never used to `need` achievements like babies getting brownie stars, playing the game and accomplishing stuff in the game was always achievment enough.

I find it patronising and sad that so many kids can`t play a game without stupid brownie stars `achievements` of
N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
zlep: I don't understand the antagonism toward achievements/trophies from some quarters. High score screens are an equally pointless measurement of accomplishment, yet noone complains (or even comments) when they're in a game.
It's the "get off my lawn!" perspective.
zlep: I don't understand the antagonism toward achievements/trophies from some quarters. High score screens are an equally pointless measurement of accomplishment, yet noone complains (or even comments) when they're in a game.
Mr.Caine: It's the "get off my lawn!" perspective.
Nah, its the " devs can put $100 dollar bills in the game boxes and people will complain about how they're folded" one.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by chromeneon
chromeneon: There could be a bigger discount in future (like if BG3 comes out some day, or if they make EE for Neverwinter Nights/IWD 2), when they put the previous games at -90% each.
Of course, but that's not the point. The problem is that it happened within a week or so. If I would have bought the bundle during the Insomnia sale I also would feel fooled when the price drops by 40% on the next sale within a few days.

trentonlf: Support stepped up. They credited me back my purchase from the insomnia sale and I was able to buy the games at a better discount :-)
But at least GOG is still fair to their customers. Nice! :)
low rated
chromeneon: There could be a bigger discount in future (like if BG3 comes out some day, or if they make EE for Neverwinter Nights/IWD 2), when they put the previous games at -90% each.
eiii: Of course, but that's not the point. The problem is that it happened within a week or so. If I would have bought the bundle during the Insomnia sale I also would feel fooled when the price drops by 40% on the next sale within a few days.
How did you come up with 40%? Its more like 10 %, as the Insomnia discount was 75% and the current one is 85%. Anyway, I wouldn't feel "fooled", given that in this case the difference equals 5 bucks...

Let me repeat this one more time, for those who make a big drama about it: FIVE BUCKS.

(You get the games for 13.5 euro in Insomnia, and for about 8 euro in the current promo. And you can get them for 8 euro now only If you own the classic versions on GOG, otherwise its the Insomnia that saves you 5 euro, like it did for me)
Post edited April 02, 2016 by chromeneon
I own the box sets of these so I picked up the Enhanced during the Insomnia sale. If I'm reading correctly, that saved me a few dollars, rather than getting them during this promo.

However, I can't find fault with someone who is upset with GOG using these as the chase games for their Insomnia sale, only to sell them cheaper the next week.