It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
Niggles: Do the proceeds from sale of the originals go directly to Bioware/Hasbro as opposed to the EE ?. If so......
Considering that Hasbro is the owner of both the games and the D&D license, even money from the EE do go to Hasbro.
Thanks .
Maighstir: GemRB.
Klumpen0815: Tried it some years ago and it was quite buggy.
Has it improved? I see that it still hasn't reached v1.0 and it doesn't seem as though people are still working on it (probably due to the new official ports).
Of course, it has been in active development the whole time. EEs don't cover all the games and platforms anyway and will be discontinued at some point, so the project isn't going away either.
high rated
Honestly this does not strike me as a particularly consumer-friendly move.

You are removing choice from the customer, and forcing on them a product that many consider not worth their time and money.

I guess everyone that mattered already made up their mids, but I feel like I should share my displeasure on this particular change.
MaGo72: Please GOG, just mention "one" beneficial reason for the customer to bundle the EE versions with the classic versions which include many bonus items.
I doubt it's GoG decision, I suspect it's probably Beamdog/Hasbro/whoever decided that it was better to have a single entry for those games instead of having separate classic and EE versions.

At least the original games are still available even if they are no longer sold separately.
I bought Icewind Dale EE yesterday. I'm on the fence for BG and BGII. Do the enhanced versions still have the dubious random encounter generators that sick ankegs and ogre Magi on your three level 1's and two level 2's? I quickly lost my patience with the original because of this and could never finish the game.
classicgogger: http://imgur.com/a/leTVQ
Engerek01: I bought EE editions both on steam and GOG and I tried BG1. Why does the characters look like this? How can I make them look like the original versions? I dont want my characters to look like candy bars.
Hm, the screenshots look as if they were made from Sacred 1. :D
implord66: I bought Icewind Dale EE yesterday. I'm on the fence for BG and BGII. Do the enhanced versions still have the dubious random encounter generators that sick ankegs and ogre Magi on your three level 1's and two level 2's? I quickly lost my patience with the original because of this and could never finish the game.
There are still a lot of random encounters, especially when you`re resting. And the difficulty is still hard as feck, but you can now turn the difficulty down to "Story Mode" when the monsters are too hard, which they really often are.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by Maxvorstadt
Engerek01: I bought EE editions both on steam and GOG and I tried BG1. Why does the characters look like this? How can I make them look like the original versions? I dont want my characters to look like candy bars.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, the screenshots look as if they were made from Sacred 1. :D
implord66: I bought Icewind Dale EE yesterday. I'm on the fence for BG and BGII. Do the enhanced versions still have the dubious random encounter generators that sick ankegs and ogre Magi on your three level 1's and two level 2's? I quickly lost my patience with the original because of this and could never finish the game.
Maxvorstadt: There are still a lot of random encounters, especially when you`re resting. And the difficulty is still hard as feck, but you can now turn the difficulty down to "Story Mode" when the monsters are too hard, which they really often are.
Okay. That sounds better. Nothing like reloading 6 times to get an encounter a real DM would actually throw out at your Weiner adventurerers.
Shendue: Okay, let me know if I get it.
First they make the games next to impossible to get in the Insomnia sale, with the lowest appearing rate in the whole promo, skippy time slots and absurdly small numbers.
Then a week after they make the games CHEAPER for EVERYONE if you already own the original games (which is 95% of the people that were looking for it).
Am I right?
Well, isn't this technically trolling?
chromeneon: What's with the negative attitude of some people here? "Trolling"? It's made exactly for people like you, who could't catch the Insomnia sale for one reason or another. Be thankful! :-)
Some of us also care about other people, you know. What about those who stayed awake for DAYS to have an opportunity to get one (that, i shouldn't remember you, was scarcely offered on purpose to induce people into staying awake the whole time and eventually buy other stuff) and then got this big middle finger right in their face?
Nah, I'm sorry but i cannot agree with you. This is pure trolling.
dr.schliemann: Tempted like most of us, but GOG has been a bad boy towards my friend trentonlf and the other users who bought them during the Insomnia Sale, so I will probably pass.

For the other hesitant people: don't waste your time reading the game's reviews, they can't help you in this quandary. You can only listen to this song until you can't think anymore, and then come to a decision: The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go.
Support stepped up. They credited me back my purchase from the insomnia sale and I was able to buy the games at a better discount :-)
OMG instabought ! I had purchased BG:EE on Steam and BG2:EE directly from Beamdog, before they were released on gog, because I thought they would never come here. After that I regretted not waiting... but at 85% off, I could not resist re-buying. These games are a long-term investment anyhow :)

However, I find that removing the ability to buy the old versions separately is certainly questionnable, too :/
trentonlf: Support stepped up. They credited me back my purchase from the insomnia sale and I was able to buy the games at a better discount :-)
♪ ヾ(´ρ`)〃♫ ♪♬┏(・o・)┛♫
How does the multiplayer work for these games? How easy is it to pick up players or do you need to organise the party outside the game.
Was never going to bother with these... but for 3 bucks a pop, why not?
I was just thinking, on the other hand, that the original versions do not work so well anymore on recent systems : graphical issues such as black boxes, although there are workarounds (if I remember correctly the simplest fix was to disable some of the hardware acceleration, but it lead to poor performance), and they have much higher CPU utilization than the enhanced editions. I still don't think it is a good decision, but could this be why they choose to stop selling them separately ? Or is Gog under pressure from Overhaul Games to drop the old versions to make more money ? =P