It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cw8: Filled up a survey by Paradox. Last few questions bother me, it's as if they want to go into mobile development. My general comment:

You make great games but do you really have to come out with so many DLC instead of a few exppacks that contain all the DLC. Also what's with your stance with DRM-free? You used to be very against DRM. But now seem to hail steam as the only platform to distribute your games. While it's cool that the game itself is DRM-free on steam, your DLCs require steam to work. Have Paradox considered distributing games on other stores like GOG?
Paradox got rid of Gamersgate, it was once theirs, it shows how much they changed their policies towards Steam, DRM, DLC-s, and expansions.
Post edited November 24, 2014 by joriandrake
cw8: You get that in EUIV, very much more robust and flexible warring system compared to CK2. You can declare war without CBs but suffer a hefty penalty to diplomacy and stability. Best thing is you don't need 100% warscore to claim land. Each province has a certain % for u to trade your warscore for, more valuable provinces require more warscore. And you can break up huge blobs and powers in EUIV by releasing nations with warscore, e.g. demand Britain to release Scotland and Ireland as independent states. So massive blobs like CK2's HRE are fair game just the same, though u need multiple wars to break up a big blob.
JudasIscariot: And you need multiple blobs to break up the Big Blue Blob AKA seriously overpowered France :)
That's why you dogpile France just after the HYW when it is slightly weakened. :P

I managed this as Savoy with Castile and Austria as my allies, when i was just an inexperienced, casual scrub player at EU IV. Could do it much better and faster if i did it now.
Just realised that if you're severely over vassal limit. You can't raise a single soldier or levy from any vassal, not even from your own sons. It'll show as 0/0. Stupid vassal limit, didn't use to have that. Now you can't happily expand without the vassal limit screwing you from behind.

Or is it just a bug? Because my vassal levies went back to normal went I downgraded to normal centralisation which meant I lost max demesne size but had +5 more vassal limit.
Post edited November 24, 2014 by cw8
cw8: Italy's a Karling as well.
Is the Pope? Assassinate a couple Karlings too, if you can get them fighting over shit, it'll make things much easier. It might need to be a generational thing, if none of the kings will be easy, start killing their good kids. If you can get a kid with a bunch of negative traits on the throne, or heaven forbid on all three, it'll make things so much easier.

Also, as far as Steam and stuff goes, they used to have two versions of the game, one for Steam and one for GamersGate, at the request of their forums. But, as it turned out, the number of people who bought it on GamersGate was significantly below the amount they needed to keep it being profitable. Something like 5% of all sales were on GamersGate. It's not that they have anything against other stores, it's just that, at the moment at least, it is wildly unprofitable for them to do so. Maybe when they wrap up development? I wouldn't mind seeing it here.
anyone filling the survey get their warlock 2 key again ;p
cw8: Italy's a Karling as well.
doccarnby: Is the Pope? Assassinate a couple Karlings too, if you can get them fighting over shit, it'll make things much easier. It might need to be a generational thing, if none of the kings will be easy, start killing their good kids. If you can get a kid with a bunch of negative traits on the throne, or heaven forbid on all three, it'll make things so much easier.

Also, as far as Steam and stuff goes, they used to have two versions of the game, one for Steam and one for GamersGate, at the request of their forums. But, as it turned out, the number of people who bought it on GamersGate was significantly below the amount they needed to keep it being profitable. Something like 5% of all sales were on GamersGate. It's not that they have anything against other stores, it's just that, at the moment at least, it is wildly unprofitable for them to do so. Maybe when they wrap up development? I wouldn't mind seeing it here.
Assassinate is shit now without the button lol. Most of the time there won't be plotters to back your assassination, so you can't do anything about it. Putting your spymaster on the province only adds so much plot power. With no one to support your plot, you'll see nothing but a stagnant window.

I'm trying to figure out the vassal limit shit. No more going over the limit for me, which means I need to revoke titles and restructure the entire rank hierarchy. I had 2 Holy Wars from England, 2 claim wars and 1 independence war when I was trying to figure out why I couldn't raise any vassal levies. I have no idea how to check the tooltips for the concise statement about penalties, doesn't seem to have any. Might try placing the Princes as King level vassals and everyone else under them. Then succession will become an issue.

Yeah, we know about the Gamersgate thingy. Thing is they shouldn't make the DLCs steam only.
Things went well for me I guess:
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2q80gia.jpg
I really like that you can just Holy War or Invasion to get entire Kingdoms. Of course, there's the vassal problem. Muslims have many kids since they have 3-4 wives. Assign 3 or sons with kingdom-level titles and put all the vassals under them so that you won't go over limit. You keep the most important empire and kingdom titles. Decadence can screw u badly if you're unlucky, especially when your sons get them, worse if the ones you've given a lot of power get them. Then you're forced to imprison them, upon failing, they rebel. (Seems like if you give your son enough land and titles, they will never go decadent. In fact that's one way to stop decadence.)

So the Pope launched a crusade against Burgundy who are Cathar, succeeded and they turned into the Knights Hospitaliers in Italy right now. I invaded France from both Spain and England with the "Invasion" cb and took the half of France. The Pope didn't bat an eyelid, I have 100 relations with him. Instead he launches a crusade at Hungary who are Pagans. I'm allied with the Caliph who has the most land forces in the whole map but chooses to be retard when fighting the Byzantine Empire, losing his 20-30k troops to segregated attacks.

East Francia turned into Germany, I wonder how that happened. The Karling line is all gone. Think Catholicism is on its knees. The German lands are filled with Cathar and Lollard provinces. The east are all Pagans. The rest all Sunni. Then the long tiring conversion process by the Imam. Whole of Spain is Sunni now luckily. England is beset frequently by Catholic rebels. I can't do anything other than wait for the Imam to convert every province one by one.
Post edited November 26, 2014 by cw8
The empire 100 years later:
http://oi62.tinypic.com/szy6oo.jpg

Starting invading the Byzantine Empire. They have a total of 60k levies, I have about 109k without mercs. Shld be able to withstand the Mongols if they come later. I left Rome alone, but one of my sons invaded Rome and took it for himself, he also converted it to Sunni. Intend to go on peace for about 50-80 years so that the religious conversions go through. England is 80% Sunni now and is the priority. France is about 50% and is next, then Italy and the German lands. Still getting religious rebellions up the roof, and it's highly annoying. Changed Empire of France as primary, I prefer the deep blue colour to yellow.

Religion map:
http://oi61.tinypic.com/6syl39.jpg

The remaining lands are mostly all Pagan. Gonna play a Pagan nation next and hope to Paganise Europe :D Umayyad is pretty cool for rapid expansion, you don't need to fabricate claims, just keep invading or holy wars. Make sure you pop-up Decadent events when playing Muslims though, if not things can get shitty real fast.
Post edited November 30, 2014 by cw8
I'm sure everyone who checks this thread knows by now that Paradox went and announced another DLC for CK2 being released Dec.16th?

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/Crusader-Kings-II-Way-of-Life-Launching-December-16/

I have to admit I find it a bit hard to consistently support all of this nickling and diming. Sure, the content may be great, but I'd rather they just release these DLCs in one lump, slightly cheaper or even the combined price. I just dislike getting something that appear to be "brand-new" then seeing something even newer come out scant weeks later.
Ragnarblackmane: I'm sure everyone who checks this thread knows by now that Paradox went and announced another DLC for CK2 being released Dec.16th?

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/Crusader-Kings-II-Way-of-Life-Launching-December-16/

I have to admit I find it a bit hard to consistently support all of this nickling and diming. Sure, the content may be great, but I'd rather they just release these DLCs in one lump, slightly cheaper or even the combined price. I just dislike getting something that appear to be "brand-new" then seeing something even newer come out scant weeks later.
The DLC Collection has already surpassed the 100 bucks and it doesn't even include the Charlemagne DLC.
Grargar: The DLC Collection has already surpassed the 100 bucks and it doesn't even include the Charlemagne DLC.
Right? It's great that there are so many sales and deals for PI stuff, otherwise I'd still just own CK2 vanilla. And like it, dammit.

I was going to finally pick up Charlemagne during the upcoming steam Winter Sale but now I may as well end up waiting for them to throw that in a bundle with the new DLC. Assuming that they don't turn around and release, I dunno, an expansion that moves the game even farther back in time to Clovis the First, ha.
Ragnarblackmane: I'm sure everyone who checks this thread knows by now that Paradox went and announced another DLC for CK2 being released Dec.16th?

Won't get it till it's -75%. Unless they make it DRM-free and I can play on my offline laptop.
New stats for CK2:
http://d1vnh8mbrp67em.cloudfront.net/image/file/7/0e/68107/6.jpg

5.5m cosmetic DLC sold...
Someone played it for 10500 hours lol. I thought my 500 hours was pretty awesome.
Bring it to GOG please. Or at least make the DLCs DRM-free.
Crusader Kings 2 is one of those games that I like to watch played, and think about playing but I don't have the time to learn it lol...

wow dejvu... I feel like I've commented this here before... odd... but congratz to them none the less
When will someone finally make a day last 48h? We need more time, so many games worth playing! XD
I have the base game, still haven't played it as I'm not touching it before I have all the (important) DLCs, and that won't be soon probably. Which is not such a bad thing as I'll have time to explore the original title Crusader Kings Complete.