It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you have a friend on another gaming system with whom you’ve always wanted to explore the great unknown? No Man’s Sky has recently been updated with a cross-platform multiplayer feature. This means PlayStation 4 players, Xbox One players and PC players will all be able to explore, journey, survive, build, and trade together.
high rated
Some important quotes from website patch notes:
"A tremendous amount of work has gone into this update and the underlying technology and systems. We’ve moved to an entirely new networking architecture, with more flexibility for the future, allowing players to play together regardless of platform. I’m very proud of the team that has worked so hard to make this happen."

"Replaced the entire network backend, so that players can now make multiplayer connections across all platforms."
Mr.Mumbles: Neat. No more GOG ghetto. =P
Poor Pinocchio.
Flesh420.613: "Replaced the entire network backend, so that players can now make multiplayer connections across all platforms."
Wow, that seems a lot of work! Kudos to the devs.
ChrisGamer300: Honestly everyone should buy this just to support the devs, yes they fucked up at launch but have since then worked constantly with updates/fixes and haven't given GOG the shaft unlike some "other" developers like Supraland and quite a few other indie studios and that is exactly the studios who we need to support imo.

I feel that holding a grudge forever is unproductive especially if the devs are willing to change for the better as Hello Games has shown, as pissed as i am against some of the devs who treat GOG users as bootlickers, i would have given them a second chance if only they where willing to change from a bad direction to a better but sadly few of the bad apples are and would rather remove their games than update them.
Mate you seem to forget that they became instant millionaires by fraud. And after not giving a shit about GOG players for over a year it was GOG, not the Dev's, that offered refunds to all GOG owners. As far as I know not a single copy of NMS was actually ever refunded despite plenty demanding them. NMS has done nothing for GOG except probably set GOG back in general sales by years.
They are not doing anyone else a favour by improving their game, the only true thing they said in the beginning was they wanted to really make this game. Who wouldn’t be living their dreams if your uber rich before earning it.
Its not a grudge, its about holding them accountable.
Eitot: I would like to transfer my save files from Steam to GOG. I wonder if this change could make it possible at some point?
Mawthra: It's super simple to do, no need to wait... you just go to:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\HelloGames\NMS

If you've played on both Steam and GOG, you'll have a couple folders inside that folder:

1. DefaultUser (this is your GOG save)
2. st_00000000000 (a random sequence of numbers based on your Steam account)

All you have to do is copy the stuff inside the st_000... folder into the DefaultUser folder and your Steam save is now ready for the GOG version

Important note... disable Cloud Saves in Galaxy before you launch the game because Galaxy may try and overwrite the files you just copied... so disable Cloud Saves, launch and play the game and then you can re-enable Cloud Saves and Galaxy should start putting the new ones in the Cloud
This is fantastic! I can confirm that it works.

I looked at this before, but I found ample information that the save profile is encoded. It seems that this information is either outdated or wrong.
Trudgen: Mate you seem to forget that they became instant millionaires by fraud. And after not giving a shit about GOG players for over a year it was GOG, not the Dev's, that offered refunds to all GOG owners. As far as I know not a single copy of NMS was actually ever refunded despite plenty demanding them. NMS has done nothing for GOG except probably set GOG back in general sales by years.

They are not doing anyone else a favour by improving their game, the only true thing they said in the beginning was they wanted to really make this game. Who wouldn’t be living their dreams if your uber rich before earning it.

And you hold them accountable by never letting them redeem themselves? That's the precise definition of holding a grudge, no?

I didn't take part in the initial hype and didn't watch it too closely. Let's say you are right, they made undeserved millions on unfinished product. Then they took those millions, bought small island resort and never looked back? Nope.

They lazily went to finish their game in the form of many DLCs and made owners pay one time as much as the launch price? Wrong again.

Without grudge, it's a very good game now.
ChrisGamer300: Honestly everyone should buy this just to support the devs, yes they fucked up at launch but have since then worked constantly with updates/fixes and haven't given GOG the shaft unlike some "other" developers like Supraland and quite a few other indie studios and that is exactly the studios who we need to support imo.

I feel that holding a grudge forever is unproductive especially if the devs are willing to change for the better as Hello Games has shown, as pissed as i am against some of the devs who treat GOG users as bootlickers, i would have given them a second chance if only they where willing to change from a bad direction to a better but sadly few of the bad apples are and would rather remove their games than update them.
hmm oke oke if you buy Galactic Civilizations III I might give this one a shot
Was waiting for this to play with a friend who has the game on Steam.

Kudos to the devs & platforms for making this possible.
One thing that is annoying me about crossplay is the lack of voice chat apparently, players kept asking me to check my settings, but there are no voice chat settings in the GOG version.

Additionally, I keep seeing their text with the words [Group] next to it, but I see no options to speak via the [Group] text channel, only public, so I was able to see them talking to me from another solar system, but I couldn't reply back.

It's sad to say that GOG version is still a crappy crippled version of NMS.
There actually are a fair number of people still playing... and from what I gather there is more dlc being developed.
Trudgen: Mate you seem to forget that they became instant millionaires by fraud. And after not giving a shit about GOG players for over a year it was GOG, not the Dev's, that offered refunds to all GOG owners. As far as I know not a single copy of NMS was actually ever refunded despite plenty demanding them. NMS has done nothing for GOG except probably set GOG back in general sales by years.

huan: And you hold them accountable by never letting them redeem themselves? That's the precise definition of holding a grudge, no?

I didn't take part in the initial hype and didn't watch it too closely. Let's say you are right, they made undeserved millions on unfinished product. Then they took those millions, bought small island resort and never looked back? Nope.

They lazily went to finish their game in the form of many DLCs and made owners pay one time as much as the launch price? Wrong again.

Without grudge, it's a very good game now.
Sorry what have they done that's redeemable? Why would Sean Murray buy a small island when he can spend it on making his dream? Has Hello games refunded anyone including GOG. Have they ever even apologised. So despite the game looking more like what was originally promised now years later they still do not deserve support.
And Sean Murray not being Jeffrey Epstein deplorable doesn't make Sean a saint.
CheapKoala: Sorry what have they done that's redeemable? Why would Sean Murray buy a small island when he can spend it on making his dream? Has Hello games refunded anyone including GOG. Have they ever even apologised. So despite the game looking more like what was originally promised now years later they still do not deserve support.
And Sean Murray not being Jeffrey Epstein deplorable doesn't make Sean a saint.
Wow... why are you so salty? Sure, they were unable to deliver everything they promised within the deadline they had promised.... but they did deliver it. Unlike many AAA studios, they did not decide to just go "well, we have the money now, and people dont seem to like the game so we will just move on to something else". They stuck with it, fixed the problems, added the promised features and then added even more features... like a lot more features.

Actually delivering what was promised... eventually, seems worth a lot more than some apology. Why would people want to spend their life being this salty?

So I think the counter question is what they have done that seems unredeemable to you? They could have handled a lot of their updates better I guess, where they fail to test it properly before releasing them, having everyone have to deal with sometimes game breaking bugs for a month or so, but the game as it is today is simply an amazing feat. Its practically an MMO and with so much amazing content. The base building system, all the crafts and spaceships, procedural planets and species... yet people still complain?

No one seems ot have claimed Sean Murray is some kind of saint, but I do not see why people still fault him for mistakes made years in the past that I think he has made up for more than a few times by now.

DebugKirby: Anyone confirm steam and GOG can play together yet?
huan: 1. Nexus is exceptionally busy. 4 other players as soon as I loaded the game. I don't think I EVER saw 4 players at the same time
2. see screenshot. That doesn't mean they are Steam user, just non-gog
Also, the only reason you are not seeing 20+ people is because they make instances of the Nexus to avoid networking and performance issues. Same thing happens with weekend missions.
Post edited July 09, 2020 by kblood
kblood: Also, the only reason you are not seeing 20+ people is because they make instances of the Nexus to avoid networking and performance issues. Same thing happens with weekend missions.
Networking and performance issues... and landing spots :)

That post was few hours after crossplay launch, I was just comparing how it used to be before crossplay. Also, I didn't know about the "network" menu which lists ALL nearby players, as opposed to just those I could see on landing platform. Nexus got a lot more lively place compared to time when it was just gog citizens.
Post edited July 09, 2020 by huan
kblood: Also, the only reason you are not seeing 20+ people is because they make instances of the Nexus to avoid networking and performance issues. Same thing happens with weekend missions.
huan: Networking and performance issues... and landing spots :)

That post was few hours after crossplay launch, I was just comparing how it used to be before crossplay. Also, I didn't know about the "network" menu which lists ALL nearby players, as opposed to just those I could see on landing platform. Nexus got a lot more lively place compared to time when it was just gog citizens.
Yeah, I did think about that after I made the post. It probably was a pretty different.

Its nice though that now I should be able to run the NMS Steam and GOG version and have them play together on the same computer. Back then it was not possible because there were no cross-play, but now there is.

Sure took a long time before Sony got persuaded to allow this to happen with games, giving them cross-play between platforms. Pretty sure they were the main ones against cross-play in general. There are sometimes some technical issues, but these days, its pretty common for engines to support all platforms in a way that makes it pretty easy to support cross-play I think.
kblood: Actually delivering what was promised... eventually, seems worth a lot more than some apology. Why would people want to spend their life being this salty?

So I think the counter question is what they have done that seems unredeemable to you? They could have handled a lot of their updates better I guess...
THEY STOLE OFF PEOPLE! What are you not getting. They dropped a skeleton of a the game promised and then denied refunds. It was a scam for people to drop money on a concept. So if you think getting something nice by shitting on others is a good quality then your as bad them.

(Edit) Their are better and more honest developers to support, so in the end why support these guys.
Post edited July 16, 2020 by CheapKoala