It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Good day, dd.
I was watching a video of one of my favorite comedians last night, and it made me think of you.
I'm sure you'll hate it :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa2gXjJP2a8
Good day, Agent!

I don't mind the video, I am actually used to this kind of attitude. I don't think people actually realise how important farming is to the world. Just imagine if you had not farmers producing livestock or crops (we don't just grow wheat). Also, this gluten free thing is just ridiculous, despite what many say, there is no real evidence of any problem with gluten, unless you are allergic to it. It's just another one of these health fads that corporations go through to sell more products, in this case gluten-free products. There have been similar phases with eggs and meat.

EndreWhiteMane: Hi DD! I'm feeling fine, no side effects left. Glad things might wind down for you a bit soon. ;)
I'm glad there are no nasty side effects. Now you just have to explain why you brought those pretty nurses home with you. I don't think people will believe your story about home after care. ;-)

Sadly there are no signs of things winding down for me yet. But that's okay, nothing I'm not used to dealing with.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by ddickinson
EndreWhiteMane: Hi DD! I'm feeling fine, no side effects left. Glad things might wind down for you a bit soon. ;)
ddickinson: I'm glad there are no nasty side effects. Now you just have to explain why you brought those pretty nurses home with you. I don't think people will believe your story about home after care. ;-)

Sadly there are no signs of things winding down for me yet. But that's okay, nothing I'm not used to dealing with.
I was referring to your brother being better and your parents improving, albeit slowly.
Should give your mind a bit more rest at least. ;)

Hey, Crow just hit a nice round 400! Party time. :-)
Attachments:
cc400.jpg (13 Kb)
Post edited January 15, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: I was referring to your brother being better and your parents improving, albeit slowly.
Should give your mind a bit more rest at least. ;)

Hey, Crow just hit a nice round 400! Party time. :-)
It will be sometime before my parents are well enough for work, sadly. Having my brother back is nice, but still lots to do. But at least it's a nice sunny day. Cold, windy, but lovely and sunny. :-)

Since Crow just hit 400, I guess that means the drinks on on him. :-)
ddickinson: I don't mind the video, I am actually used to this kind of attitude. I don't think people actually realise how important farming is to the world. Just imagine if you had not farmers producing livestock or crops (we don't just grow wheat). Also, this gluten free thing is just ridiculous, despite what many say, there is no real evidence of any problem with gluten, unless you are allergic to it. It's just another one of these health fads that corporations go through to sell more products, in this case gluten-free products. There have been similar phases with eggs and meat.
You don't have to tell me the importance of farming - mrs. hummer and I live smack dab in the middle of farming country. My two closest neighbours are a cattle rancher running about 150 head, and a grain farmer farming 6,000 acres. I haven't bought beef in a grocery store in about 10 years - I'd much rather buy a 4H cow and stuff my freezer that way. Better beef, and I support the local farmers. Ditto with eggs. We have a neighbour about 8 miles away with a whack of laying hens - my son calls here "the chicken lady". We generally buy all our eggs from her. If mrs. hummer gets her way, we'll have chickens soon.
ddickinson: I don't mind the video, I am actually used to this kind of attitude. I don't think people actually realise how important farming is to the world. Just imagine if you had not farmers producing livestock or crops (we don't just grow wheat). Also, this gluten free thing is just ridiculous, despite what many say, there is no real evidence of any problem with gluten, unless you are allergic to it. It's just another one of these health fads that corporations go through to sell more products, in this case gluten-free products. There have been similar phases with eggs and meat.
hummer010: You don't have to tell me the importance of farming - mrs. hummer and I live smack dab in the middle of farming country. My two closest neighbours are a cattle rancher running about 150 head, and a grain farmer farming 6,000 acres. I haven't bought beef in a grocery store in about 10 years - I'd much rather buy a 4H cow and stuff my freezer that way. Better beef, and I support the local farmers. Ditto with eggs. We have a neighbour about 8 miles away with a whack of laying hens - my son calls here "the chicken lady". We generally buy all our eggs from her. If mrs. hummer gets her way, we'll have chickens soon.
We have donkeys.

They, uhhhhhh, hmmmmm, they don't seem to produce anything other than donkey shit. But I love them. :D
hummer010: You don't have to tell me the importance of farming - mrs. hummer and I live smack dab in the middle of farming country. My two closest neighbours are a cattle rancher running about 150 head, and a grain farmer farming 6,000 acres. I haven't bought beef in a grocery store in about 10 years - I'd much rather buy a 4H cow and stuff my freezer that way. Better beef, and I support the local farmers. Ditto with eggs. We have a neighbour about 8 miles away with a whack of laying hens - my son calls here "the chicken lady". We generally buy all our eggs from her. If mrs. hummer gets her way, we'll have chickens soon.
Sounds like a great place to live. ;) Don't have to tell me about farming, I live in Iowa. It's ALL about the corn, soybeans and hogs. :-)
AgentBirdnest: Good day, dd.
I was watching a video of one of my favorite comedians last night, and it made me think of you.
I'm sure you'll hate it :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa2gXjJP2a8
ddickinson: Good day, Agent!

I don't mind the video, I am actually used to this kind of attitude. I don't think people actually realise how important farming is to the world. Just imagine if you had not farmers producing livestock or crops (we don't just grow wheat). Also, this gluten free thing is just ridiculous, despite what many say, there is no real evidence of any problem with gluten, unless you are allergic to it. It's just another one of these health fads that corporations go through to sell more products, in this case gluten-free products. There have been similar phases with eggs and meat.
The guy actually got a ton of hate mail for that video. He had to make an apology, and explain that he was not serious about his criticism of farmers, and that the joke was supposed to be on himself and how clueless he is about the way the world works.

*Mad props to the farmers of the world!*

Also, there is no such thing as a gluten allergy. You can be allergic to wheat, but not gluten. I agree, the whole thing is ridiculous.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
tinyE: We have donkeys.

They, uhhhhhh, hmmmmm, they don't seem to produce anything other than donkey shit. But I love them. :D
So, you have an organic fertilizer plant. Cool! ;)

We have horses - they are highly efficient at turning hay into shit. Hay costs money, so effectively, the horses are spectacular at turning my money into shit.

I've always wanted a donkey - no idea why, but I have.

hummer010: We have horses - they are highly efficient at turning hay into shit. Hay costs money, so effectively, the horses are spectacular at turning my money into shit.

I've always wanted a donkey - no idea why, but I have.
We have miniature donkeys. A little easier than regular, if you are considering it. Of course the 150 inches of snow we've had so far this year is starting to piss them off but that's life. :P
Post edited January 15, 2015 by tinyE
You can't beat fresh food and meat from a farm :-). Chickens are not too hard to take care of, once you have everything in place. Predators can be a problem, but it's not too hard to keep the chickens secure. You could even leave their care for your kids, as they are not too high maintenance. Does your wife want them for eggs and meat, or just for eggs?

AgentBirdnest: The guy actually got a ton of hate mail for that video. He had to make an apology, and explain that he was not serious about his criticism of farmers, and that the joke was supposed to be on himself and how clueless he is about the way the world works.

*Mad props to the farmers of the world!*

Also, there is no such thing as a gluten allergy. You can be allergic to wheat, but not gluten. I agree, the whole thing is ridiculous.
Some people complain too much about jokes. It was only a joke, I don't see why he would get hate mail for that. Comedy is always subjective, so making people apologise for everything that causes offence will just result in all comedians apologising. Kind of like how the world has gone mad about political correctness.

I should have said intolerance, rather than allergy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten-related_disorders
Good afternoon/morning/evening/night everyone :)

Think that covers all timezones here.

I bring to you something Carrion Crow might like to see. (Probably not :P)
Post edited January 15, 2015 by FoxySage
FoxySage: Good afternoon/morning/evening/night everyone :)

Good afternoon, noble Viking!

How are you doing today?
ddickinson: You can't beat fresh food and meat from a farm :-). Chickens are not too hard to take care of, once you have everything in place. Predators can be a problem, but it's not too hard to keep the chickens secure. You could even leave their care for your kids, as they are not too high maintenance. Does your wife want them for eggs and meat, or just for eggs?
Just eggs. Odd's are good that we will acquire some chickens sometime this year.
FoxySage: Good afternoon/morning/evening/night everyone :)

ddickinson: Good afternoon, noble Viking!

How are you doing today?
Doing quite fine. No complains here. :)

I'm considering if i should get the new King's Bounty game while it have a heavy discount. Only ~6$ since i already own the other games in the series.

How about you?
Post edited January 15, 2015 by FoxySage