It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: Thanks, that helps a bit. AND sadly I don't have 500 dollars. :-)
HypersomniacLive: Look at the bright side - by the time you hit 90, you'll probably have managed to set aside $500. ;-)
That just might work! :)
Night all, c ya tomorrow sometime. ;)
*Creeps into the thread, trying not to wake all the sleeping old guys.*

*Walks over to the TV and puts some Saturday morning cartoons on to enjoy while the grown-ups are fast asleep.*

*Lays on the floor and enjoys the peace and quiet while watching an episode of Sharky and George.*
ddickinson: *Creeps into the thread, trying not to wake all the sleeping old guys.*

*Walks over to the TV and puts some Saturday morning cartoons on to enjoy while the grown-ups are fast asleep.*

*Lays on the floor and enjoys the peace and quiet while watching an episode of Sharky and George.*
*comes next to ddickinson and whispers* Good morning, ddickinson!
Hope you didn't forget to put the TV on mute as to not wake up the aforementioned old guys... I know this tip from personal experience-plus, you can still understand the plot even on mute-I suspect this is a feature cartoons have on purpose for this reason, that is because of children who get up early and put the TV on to watch cartoons... :-)
Btw, I didn't even know of the existence of such a cartoon as Sharky and George-we had other cartoons in my parts:some Italian, some German, others Japanese and some English, all dubbed of course... I guess I learnt something new today then. I might seach this series later on Youtube or something...
*wonders then whether to remain around or leave as to not bother ddickinson*
Treasure: ...
Good morning, Treasure!

I put the volume on low, don't worry, at their age they can't hear too good, plus all that snoring will drowned out the sound :-). Sharky and George was a French cartoon that was dubbed into English and shown on TV when I was little. It's not too well known and I don't think there is much of it online. I had the theme tune stuck in my head this morning, which is why I mentioned it, plus I was curious to see if anyone else remembered it.

Sharky and George theme tune (low quality, sadly): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FkI69t9eIY

Another one that I thought of this morning was an English clay animation series called Trap Door.
Trap Door theme tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9dbAQJIu1o

You don't have to leave, feel free to stay and watch some cartoon. You can pick one after Sharky and George has finished :-). Care to share some one your favourite Saturday morning cartoons?
ddickinson: Good morning, Treasure!

I put the volume on low, don't worry, at their age they can't hear too good, plus all that snoring will drowned out the sound :-). Sharky and George was a French cartoon that was dubbed into English and shown on TV when I was little. It's not too well known and I don't think there is much of it online. I had the theme tune stuck in my head this morning, which is why I mentioned it, plus I was curious to see if anyone else remembered it.

Sharky and George theme tune (low quality, sadly): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FkI69t9eIY

Another one that I thought of this morning was an English clay animation series called Trap Door.
Trap Door theme tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9dbAQJIu1o

You don't have to leave, feel free to stay and watch some cartoon. You can pick one after Sharky and George has finished :-). Care to share some one your favourite Saturday morning cartoons?
I can stay? That's good, but I won't be staying for long, as it's already around 12:30 here-pretty late for Saturday morning cartoons! :-) As for my favorite cartoons, hmm...I don't know, I liked many of them. Some are(in no specific order):
-Sandokan(1998)-an Italian show based on a series of novels with the same name(actually, here's the english version of the intro btw)
-Wicky the Viking(called Erik the Viking in Greek, because Vicky-pronounced similarly- happens to be a nickname for the Greek girl name Vasiliki!)
-Maya the Bee
-Heidi
-Pokemon(the original with Ash and his friends vs Team Rocket-I know from my cousins there's a more recent Pokemon show based on Pokemon Black btw, that's why I specify)
-Digimon(similar to Pokemon in concept)
-Above the roofs of Venice-a probably little-known Italian cartoon-I found the title only recently, as I didn't remember it previously...
-And one of the last cartoons I watched(before I became too old for cartoons): Tutenstein
And others-I don't recall many of the titles of the stuff I watched (including some Greek productions)-I suppose that's always a problem when trying to find stuff from your childhood however...
At any rate, it was nice reminiscing all this stuff! Got to go now however, bye and have a good day!

P.S. Sorry for the delay, but remembering stuff tends to take a while...
I recognise the names of a few of them but I have never seen any of the ones you mentioned. I'm guessing you are in your early 20's? Judging by the cartoon you mentioned. No need to apologise for the delay, that's the beauty of a forum over instant messaging, you can take as long as you like.

Also: You are never too old for cartoons. :-)

Open to anyone:

On the theme of old cartoons, I just watched a video on YouTube with the top 25 theme tunes for childrens cartoons, and I was curious to see how many people remember. I know this will probably only be relevant to UK and US users (but it's possible many of them were shown elsewhere), but I was wondering how many of the childrens TV show introductions you recognise. Out of 25 I remember 22 of them. The ones I have never seen before were The Centurions, The Mysterious Cities of Gold and the Star Wars Droids cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy3RTFFhSYs
Did I miss the Jetsons and The Flintstones?
Did I miss Batman The Animated Series and Superman?
EndreWhiteMane: Did I miss the Jetsons and The Flintstones?
What? Oh no, the grown-ups are awake! Time to go out and play so they can steal the TV and watch their boring adult programs. :-)

Good morning, EndreWhiteMane and l0rdtr3k! I hope you are both doing well.

I used to like the Flintstones, but I was never that keen on The Jetsons, I'm not sure why.
EndreWhiteMane: Did I miss the Jetsons and The Flintstones?
ddickinson: What? Oh no, the grown-ups are awake! Time to go out and play so they can steal the TV and watch their boring adult programs. :-)

Good morning, EndreWhiteMane and l0rdtr3k! I hope you are both doing well.

I used to like the Flintstones, but I was never that keen on The Jetsons, I'm not sure why.
How could one not like Astro? Rut Ro Rorge!
EndreWhiteMane: How could one not like Astro? Rut Ro Rorge!
I didn't exactly hate it, but it just didn't really appeal to me. But then even Flintstones was not an absolute must watch for me, just something I didn't mind watching in-between other programs.
Interesting trivia fact: The first commercial colour television broadcast was in 1953, the year I was born.
The first color television in the state of Ohio looked like something you would get if you crossed science fiction with a nightmare. Several feet wide and more wires than a box of rice has grains.
After an hour or two of fiddling one could get something resembling a color picture.
How do I know this you ask? That Rube Goldbergian creation was in my living room! ;)
My dad was one of the many co-engineers who invented the thing. He worked for the station that first broadcast color TV in Ohio, US. :)
EndreWhiteMane: ...
That's a very interesting story, thank you for sharing. There were some very good TV shows in US in the 50's and 60's, just in time for colour TV. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: Interesting trivia fact: The first commercial colour television broadcast was in 1953, the year I was born.
The first color television in the state of Ohio looked like something you would get if you crossed science fiction with a nightmare. Several feet wide and more wires than a box of rice has grains.
After an hour or two of fiddling one could get something resembling a color picture.
How do I know this you ask? That Rube Goldbergian creation was in my living room! ;)
My dad was one of the many co-engineers who invented the thing. He worked for the station that first broadcast color TV in Ohio, US. :)
That's pretty awesome :)
Have you got any pictures? I'd love to see what it looked like.