It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Senteria: Tonight I drank my 2nd glass of alcohol in my life. The last time was 7 years ago on vacation when I was 20.
EndreWhiteMane: Probably not ready for AA yet, look me up when you're 34 and I'll buy you one. :-)
What was the occasion?
CarrionCrow: Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone.
Hoping that people's whenevers are going well. =)
EndreWhiteMane: Evening Crow. ;)
Good to see that you're not a popsicle somewhere, despite having to go out in the shit weather.
Freezing to help others....definitely respectable.
EndreWhiteMane: Probably not ready for AA yet, look me up when you're 34 and I'll buy you one. :-)
What was the occasion?

Evening Crow. ;)
CarrionCrow: Good to see that you're not a popsicle somewhere, despite having to go out in the shit weather.
Actually I dressed well for the cold and only wound up outside for about an hour. Spent the rest of the day inside sweating. :-)
CarrionCrow: Good to see that you're not a popsicle somewhere, despite having to go out in the shit weather.
EndreWhiteMane: Actually I dressed well for the cold and only wound up outside for about an hour. Spent the rest of the day inside sweating. :-)
Gotta love not being able to hit the sweet spot between comfort and something annoying. Either too cold or too hot. Such a pain in the ass.
Senteria: Tonight I drank my 2nd glass of alcohol in my life. The last time was 7 years ago on vacation when I was 20.
What was the occasion?
CarrionCrow: Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone.
Hoping that people's whenevers are going well. =)
EndreWhiteMane: Evening Crow. ;)
I was having a board game evening and a friend of mine was having a drink and I found the look of it interesting. So I commented on it. She asked if I wanted to try a sip. And I actually found the taste quite nice. So I commented on that and she offered me a glass and I thought: Well why not. It's kind of cool to feel like you're a teenager again doing adult stuff. You know the thrill of doing something 'naughty'. While it's totally not naughty to anyone's perception, but yeah. I just drank one glass. It was a little bit of vodka filled up with energy drink. I kind of started to tremble from excitement like a silly kid, and from the sugar rush probably.
What was the occasion?

Evening Crow. ;)
Senteria: I was having a board game evening and a friend of mine was having a drink and I found the look of it interesting. So I commented on it. She asked if I wanted to try a sip. And I actually found the taste quite nice. So I commented on that and she offered me a glass and I thought: Well why not. It's kind of cool to feel like you're a teenager again doing adult stuff. You know the thrill of doing something 'naughty'. While it's totally not naughty to anyone's perception, but yeah. I just drank one glass. It was a little bit of vodka filled up with energy drink. I kind of started to tremble from excitement like a silly kid, and from the sugar rush probably.
Sounds like a fun time, good for you. ;)
EndreWhiteMane: Actually I dressed well for the cold and only wound up outside for about an hour. Spent the rest of the day inside sweating. :-)
CarrionCrow: Gotta love not being able to hit the sweet spot between comfort and something annoying. Either too cold or too hot. Such a pain in the ass.
TinyE got me started watching Attack of the the Eye Creatures, and yes that's the exact title on the film intro. ;) I'd forgotten just how bad old sci-fi movies could be, what a hoot.
Post edited January 11, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
Senteria: I was having a board game evening and a friend of mine was having a drink and I found the look of it interesting. So I commented on it. She asked if I wanted to try a sip. And I actually found the taste quite nice. So I commented on that and she offered me a glass and I thought: Well why not. It's kind of cool to feel like you're a teenager again doing adult stuff. You know the thrill of doing something 'naughty'. While it's totally not naughty to anyone's perception, but yeah. I just drank one glass. It was a little bit of vodka filled up with energy drink. I kind of started to tremble from excitement like a silly kid, and from the sugar rush probably.
EndreWhiteMane: Sounds like a fun time, good for you. ;)
CarrionCrow: Gotta love not being able to hit the sweet spot between comfort and something annoying. Either too cold or too hot. Such a pain in the ass.
EndreWhiteMane: TinyE got me started watching Attack of the the Eye Creatures, and yes that's the exact title on the film intro. ;) I'd forgotten just how bad old sci-fi movies could be, what a hoot.
Certainly was. Next week it's The Witcher Adventure Game time. :D
low rated
Gidday Crow,EndreWhiteMane
gunsynd: Gidday Crow,EndreWhiteMane
Gidday gunsynd, how's life down under?
low rated
EndreWhiteMane: Gidday gunsynd, how's life down under?
18 degrees,drizzling Beautiful weather.It's my Sweet Spot Day:-)
Good afternoon. =)

That sounds like awesomely good weather. I'm envious.
gunsynd: 18 degrees,drizzling Beautiful weather.It's my Sweet Spot Day:-)
Nice! We have some warmer weather coming, as high as 0C in the next week so all's good here too. ;-)
gunsynd: 18 degrees,drizzling Beautiful weather.It's my Sweet Spot Day:-)
Nice weather. Today it was blowing so hard I nearly fell off my bike.
A moment of stupidity from Soulstorm -

So, I was fighting the Dark Eldar (a cross between space elves and a BDSM club gone insane) boss fight, what's supposed to be a grand battle in order to eliminate an enemy faction from the game entirely.
The objective - to destroy the enemy leader's warship. I destroy that, their morale is broken, they piss off somewhere else.
Sub-objectives - to destroy each of the four enemy bases that allow them to use special powers against me.

The general idea is, you go in with a limited amount of troops, having to manage them until you bolster your forces by way of rescuing captured units until you're able to set up a proper base and go on the offensive, weathering special attacks from the aforementioned bases as well as hit-and-run harassment strikes from the enemy (speed is one of their key advantages as a faction) all the while.

Also, at certain points the enemy leader will join in the attacks, swooping in to hit your base then screaming like a complete coward to retreat when you do a bit of damage. The idea of course is to gradually wipe out points of enemy resistance until the leader has nowhere to run and no way to get repairs, thus allowing you to kill him and win the level. This becomes important in a second.

After rescuing a number of my troops, most of whom were melee-based, I was able to build a base of operations and go on the attack. While organizing for an attack on the first of the sub-bases, the enemy leader comes in.

Alone.

He is then swarmed by all the melee-focused units I had rescued and for some reason is unable to escape for repairs. What is supposed to be the most powerful weapon in the enemy's arsenal was effectively immobilized by some screeching idiots with swords, some of the cheapest and weakest troops available.

While pinned down, I used the ranged troops at my disposal to ventilate his silly ass.

No need to destroy the other bases, despite that clearly being the developers' intentions for the fight. No mounting combat. No nothing.
Just an idiot who went on a suicide run into the open arms (and guns) of my troops. The end, level done.

I couldn't stop laughing or shaking my head for a good five minutes.
Post edited January 11, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: A moment of stupidity from Soulstorm -

<snip>
Poor moron, well at least that'll be his last bad day. ;)
CarrionCrow: A moment of stupidity from Soulstorm -

<snip>
EndreWhiteMane: Poor moron, well at least that'll be his last bad day. ;)
-laughs- Thankfully. Each boss fight gets me a step closer to never having to play it again. Going to jump up and down when that happens. ;)