It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You've got a pickle, a snowglobe and a pool noodle. What will your legendary jailbreak be?

Many real-life prison escapes happened in ways one would not expect. Choi Gap-bok squeezed through a food slot to get out of his jail cell. Jack Sheppard was an 18th century prison break celebrity after pulling off the bedsheet rope trick a few times. Frank Abagnale actually convinced his guard that he was the prison inspector. Three Parkhurst Prison escapees actually created their own master key as part of their legendary breakout.

Compared with those, the task that lies ahead of you should seem like child's play.
You're in jail. Having managed to gather the three items crucial to your escape - those being a snowglobe, pool noodle, and a pickle - you must now conduct your escape plan. How will you do it?

The conditions are:
1. Your plan has to be possible to execute within 12 hours
2. You have to get out of jail in a condition allowing for further escape
3. You have to use all three items
4. You do not have help within the prison

Tell us in a comment how you're going to pull it off, but make sure to fit your plan in 100 words or less! Post your entry no later than Friday, February 20th at 4:59 PM GMT

- 1 post per person, any edits to be made within 3 hours of posting
- Winners will be announced no later than February 27th

We will choose 3 winners - each of them will get a swag bag from Team 17, publishers of The Escapists (incl. a towel, a hoodie and "prison soap") and 5 GOG.com gift codes to aid them in their jailbreak ploy. We’ll also pick honorable mentions and reward them with a GOG.com gift code each!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by GOG.com
1) Remove the sparkly bits from the snowglobe and decorate my face.
2) Tuck the pool noodle between my legs.
3) Break the pickle in half and put half in the noodle between my legs.
4) Have sexy-fun time with the guard and get the key to the cell via a sneaky reach-around.
5) Continue to use this method replacing the pickle with the other half as required until I've whored myself out of jail.
In keeping it simple...
1) Use snowglobe to distract the guard ("Oh look! It's snowing!") while simultaneously using the pool noodle to liberate the keys to the cell (This is the part that takes a deft touch).
2) Using the keys carefully escape the cell area.
3) Find a guard about my size to sneak up on. Put the pickle in the square of his back and say "Do what I say or I shoot!".
4) Take his uniform, baton, weapon, car keys and make my escape after knocking him out. ("Hooray, I'm free!")
5) Eat pickle in triumph.
Firstly, I hollow the pickle to obtain the seeds. I open the snowglobe. I take the little pieces of ice and I put them inside the pickle to create a freezer wand. I put the seeds inside the snowglobe to obtain a pickleglobe that would let me summon demons. I build a balloon dog with the noodle. I summon a demon to put it in the dog, which I called “Gog”. Now I freeze the lock with the freezer wand and I break it. I order "Gog” to Kill the (DRM) guards and I escape.
Post edited February 20, 2015 by maestroruffy
My Great Escape, by Jsm.
Or how to flee from prison with one useless and bizarre plan in 9 easy steps.

Get in prison.
Get a pickle, a snowglobe and a pool noodle.
Observe the guards to know who is the most naïve.
Hang yourself with the noodle.
The guard enters into your cell to save you. Give him the snowglobe as a reward.
While he is looking at it, get his keys, go out and close the door.
Look for the guard wardrobe to dress up as one.
Get out of prison.
Eat your pickle to savour your freedom.
I scream for ice cream!
But wake up in my cell
To find myself in quite a pickle.

I get a wiggle on –
Pushing my snow globe so it breaks out with a *BONG!*
And rolls on – though not for long – before it crashes by the toes
Of a guard whose name I bellow: ‘Bud Rose!’
(He hears nothing but a whisper...)
But then I recall that I’m small
Slip inside a leftover noodle
And sneak – Worms-like – out the hall
(Nearly drowning in a drool puddle
But my outfit sucked up all the yuck
Morphed into a pool noodle)

Now I’m free!
Alas, too soon...
– does anyone have a pasta spoon?
Post edited February 20, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
Earlier, I opened the snowglobe and crushed the soap "snowflakes". The pickle is soaking in the soapy mixture.

Guards approach for inspection. I pour the glycerin-soap-water in front of the door. A guard enters and slips, surprised. I throw the pickle into his mouth. He bites and starts foaming.

The other guards think he has rabies and grab him. I dive past, leaping onto the snowglobe. Pushing a wall, I roll quickly down the hallway.

I reach the courtyard. It's sunset. I hold the pool noodle above my head and twirl my arms. I fly like a helicopter to freedom.

(100 words exactly)
Attachments:
1.png (7 Kb)
2.png (7 Kb)
3.png (8 Kb)
4.png (9 Kb)
Post edited February 20, 2015 by wvpr
Here's my entry to this fun contest :-)

I squeeze the pickle and grease the snowglobe with the pickle juice. I shout 'What?! A snowglobe in July?!' - intrigued guard enters the cell. He takes the snowglobe, it slips out his hands (pickle juice!), and crashes on the floor. Taking advantage of his dispersed attention, I tackle him and tie him up with the (exceptionally long) pool noodle. I gag the guard with (yes, exceptionally) large, smashed pickle, - I can take his clothes and keys now. I head to the exit and not to be recognized, I throw the cloud of snowflakes in front of cameras. Freedom!
OT
Am the only one actually playing the game "The Escapists"? :P
My cell is protected by an electrocuted door. Using the pool noodle I pour the water in the snow globe onto the floor outside and around the door. This creates an electrified pool of water. I throw the pickle through the bars and start complaining loudly. Guard comes to investigate and steps into puddle. He is electrocuted. Using pool noodle (which does not conduct electricity) I calmly drag his (non-conductive) keys into the cell and use them to deactivate the electricity and then unlock the door. I steal his clothes and equipment and make my escape.
The results will be announced today :-)
zeffyr: The results will be announced today :-)
If GOG doesn't announce them on time, their punishment will be to use the winning plan to escape a real prison. It's only fair.
zeffyr: The results will be announced today :-)
wvpr: If GOG doesn't announce them on time, their punishment will be to use the winning plan to escape a real prison. It's only fair.
If those are the terms, then I sincerely hope they don't announce it on time. This would be quite an interesting escape to hear about on the news. Especially the Fox News headline.
wonder what time zone they work under. for me, they're already late. (4 am - 28 feb)
Jesagon: wonder what time zone they work under. for me, they're already late. (4 am - 28 feb)
give 'em time to read all the silliness and decide!
Ah! This feels like waiting for a sentence!

Wait a moment.....!
Post edited February 28, 2015 by Ankareth