It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It just won't stop growing.

Originally released in early 2011 - <span class="bold">Terraria</span> - the infinite pixel playground, receives yet another MAJOR content update. So major it could be an expansion pack, but it's not - it's free and it's four years in the making - because the developers love you so very much.

Terraria is an open-world platformer in which you build, mine, craft, and fight your way across big and diverse procedurally-generated realms. If you have yet to take your first baby steps in one of the most immense video games out there, this is a wicked good time to get your copy while it’s 25% off for the next 48 hours - that's until July 2, at 4:59 PM GMT.

The 1.3 Changelog is huge - it's over 20,000 characters long and includes new features like a fresh Expert mode, a photo/camera mode for the creative, new environments and enemies, and hundreds of gameplay changes and quality of life fixes like revamped town NPCs. Somewhere down the list of changes you'll also find a bullet point that mentions over 800 new items to discover. No biggie though.

Pick up your copy or grab the newest patch right now, and get lost, in the biggest sandbox adventure ever!
The folder is around 850MB for me as well. I downloaded the game and every update through Galaxy if that makes any difference.
tinyE: A few people have reported that and it must be a bug, It is 133 mb for myself and the majority of other folks I have talked too.
Grargar: The installer or the installed folder?
I don't know, which is which? :P When I downloaded it gives me the name of the download 'Terraria' 1.3.0.4 (GOG-5) 133mb.
Nirth: The folder is around 850MB for me as well. I downloaded the game and every update through Galaxy if that makes any difference.
It must be a Galaxy bug then because I don't have Galaxy installed and all I get is the 133 mb.
Post edited July 12, 2015 by tinyE
tinyE: I don't know, which is which? :P When I downloaded it gives me the name of the download 'Terraria' 1.3.0.4 (GOG-5) 133mb.
The complaints are about the game's installation folder, which takes noticeably more space than the previous update. This happens because the images contained in the folder are uncompressed.
tinyE: I don't know, which is which? :P When I downloaded it gives me the name of the download 'Terraria' 1.3.0.4 (GOG-5) 133mb.
Grargar: The complaints are about the game's installation folder, which takes noticeably more space than the previous update. This happens because the images contained in the folder are uncompressed.
I don;t even seen an option for an Installation Folder.
tinyE: I don;t even seen an option for an Installation Folder.
When you run an installer, you should see a button called "Options" in the lower-left corner. This will allow you to change the game's installation folder to whatever you want.
tinyE: I don;t even seen an option for an Installation Folder.
Grargar: When you run an installer, you should see a button called "Options" in the lower-left corner. This will allow you to change the game's installation folder to whatever you want.
XD I don't know what that has to do with what I'm downloading but I'm too tired to worry about it. :P
tinyE: XD I don't know what that has to do with what I'm downloading but I'm too tired to worry about it. :P
I think we're losing signal, Houston. :P Let me try once more.

The game's installer is about 133 MBs. Till the previous update, the game demanded an additional 100+ MBs for installation. Now, it demands an additional 800+ MBs for installation. Since Galaxy downloads the uncompressed installation files, instead of the compressed installer, people end up downloading 800+ MBs, instead of 100+ MBs.
tinyE: XD I don't know what that has to do with what I'm downloading but I'm too tired to worry about it. :P
Grargar: I think we're losing signal, Houston. :P Let me try once more.

The game's installer is about 133 MBs. Till the previous update, the game demanded an additional 100+ MBs for installation. Now, it demands an additional 800+ MBs for installation. Since Galaxy downloads the uncompressed installation files, instead of the compressed installer, people end up downloading 800+ MBs, instead of 100+ MBs.
Oh so it is Galaxy. :P That's why I'm not seeing any of that stuff.
Grargar: I think we're losing signal, Houston. :P Let me try once more.

tinyE: Oh so it is Galaxy. :P That's why I'm not seeing any of that stuff.
No, the downloadable installer has the same problem. It balloons to the same 800+ MB when installed.
tinyE: Oh so it is Galaxy. :P That's why I'm not seeing any of that stuff.
mistermumbles: No, the downloadable installer has the same problem. It balloons to the same 800+ MB when installed.
Well yeah, after I've downloaded and installed everything. I thought we were talking about downloading. Man I am so lost and I blame my complete lack of sleep this week so bare with me. :P
tinyE: ...so bare with me. :P
Oh, hell! Why not? ;)
Attachments:
The current version (1.3.0.5) still has the same issue of additional 700+ MB for installation. Normal installer here, no Galaxy.

Can anyone with the steam version check their installed folder size? This way we'll know if the devs changed it or is just GOG messing with those uncompressed .xnb images.
ariaspi: The current version (1.3.0.5) still has the same issue of additional 700+ MB for installation. Normal installer here, no Galaxy.

Can anyone with the steam version check their installed folder size? This way we'll know if the devs changed it or is just GOG messing with those uncompressed .xnb images.
846 mb folder size.
ariaspi: ....
omega64: 846 mb folder size.
So it's the devs' doing. Thanks for confirmation.
Still waiting for the Linux version -_-