It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.

We came up with Fair Price Package (FPP) as a way to make up the price difference between various countries. Some games on GOG.COM have regional pricing, meaning the price of the same game in one place can be higher compared to its price in North America. In countries where the game is more expensive, we give users the equivalent of the price difference in GOG Wallet funds. In actual numbers, on average, we give users back 12% of the game price from our own pocket. In some cases, this number can reach as high as 37%.

In the past, we were able to cover these extra costs from our cut and still turn a small profit. Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller. However, we look at it, at the end of the day we are a store and need to make sure we sell games without a loss.

Removing FPP is not a decision we make lightly, but by making this change, we will be able to offer better conditions to game creators, which — in turn — will allow us to offer you more curated classic games and new releases. All DRM-free.

We wanted to make sure you have some lead time to still benefit from the Fair Price Package. The program will last until the 31st of March, 2019, so if you would like to take advantage of it, now is the time. The funds you gather from the program will keep the 12 months expiration date from the moment you’ve been granted your last funds.
high rated
First of all, thank you for your support. This was not an easy decision to discontinue the FPP program and we're grateful to you for understanding the reasons behind it. We see that quite a few of you raised concerns about GOG's future. As a part of publicly traded company, we can't comment on any financial results until they are officially reported, but we want to ensure you everything is good with GOG. Being part of a big gaming company, some reports - especially some given by significant media outlets - can often sound much scarier than reality.

You've been also concerned about your access to the games you’ve purchased on GOG. We've covered this topic years ago and it's been in our User Agreement for a long time (please check the section 17.3). This is not only a legal obligation to you but a core part of our ethics as a company.

But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.

EDIT: pinned
Post edited February 26, 2019 by elcook
elcook: But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.
The sky will rim, I hope.
Too bad the fair price program gets the axe, but understandable with regards to the explanation given, and hearing the news about layoffs apparently due to financial troubles.
elcook: First of all, thank you for your support.[...]
Hey hey !
Thanks for the feedback.

Glad to hear that all is fine. =)
Damn!
elcook: But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.
THAT worries me even more.

Oh, hey, the topic got fixed. Guess it takes a blue posting in it to do that? Will it last now?
Post edited February 26, 2019 by Cavalary
Define soon? GOG is such a tease I swear, stop teasing us an announce stuff if you know it's coming. :P
DampSquib: Zilch effect for myself,appreciate the info all the same.
Same here.
The perks of having disposable income by the end of the month and full-priced releases to spend it on.
elcook: We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.
Thank you for acknowledging our concerns. I hope GOG will be able to continue bringing games high up on the wishlist.
elcook: .
We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.
Beginning last year merely Skyrim would had been enough; now you have to up it with Skyrim + FO4 on the same day; otherwise I probably will just fake excitement. Again.

Yes, we gamers do that ;)
high rated
BKGaming: Define soon? GOG is such a tease I swear, stop teasing us an announce stuff if you know it's coming. :P
It is soon, not like soon™ ;)
elcook: First of all, thank you for your support. This was not an easy decision to discontinue the FPP program and we're grateful to you for understanding the reasons behind it. We see that quite a few of you raised concerns about GOG's future. As a part of publicly traded company, we can't comment on any financial results until they are officially reported, but we want to ensure you everything is good with GOG. Being part of a big gaming company, some reports - especially some given by significant media outlets - can often sound much scarier than reality.

You've been also concerned about your access to the games you’ve purchased on GOG. We've covered this topic years ago and it's been in our User Agreement for a long time (please check the section 17.3). This is not only a legal obligation to you but a core part of our ethics as a company.

But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.
Thank you
Cavalary: THAT worries me even more.
Yeah, I think we're all a little scared of GOG doing "exciting things", given their track record.

The only exciting thing I want from GOG is Star Trek games like Final Unity and Borg.
Cavalary: THAT worries me even more.
I have to say I agree.

More so as all they said was things are changing soon. We have heard that before.
BKGaming: Define soon? GOG is such a tease I swear, stop teasing us an announce stuff if you know it's coming. :P
elcook: It is soon, not like soon™ ;)
Only trusted brands are allowed on this forum :p.Wish you all the best guys at GOG and the lovely GOGlings here ;).Cheers
Stay solvent, GOG!
The FPP was an excellent program, and I'm sorry to see it go. In its absence, what about a program where some of us can "sponsor" gamers in other countries who are getting the bad pricing? I would personally be interested in tipping some cash towards making my favorite games more accessible. I think everyone should play Rayman Origins. And it comes with an excellent soundtrack, too!