It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sinking City is coming soon DRM-free.

The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You're a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.
high rated
From The Sinking City twitter account:

"Hey guys. We do know the cause why the game had been delisted from Steam, GOG, and Playstation now - but we cannot share any explanations now. Sorry for keeping you in the dark, but this is for a reason. We'll be able to explain just a little later. We're living thru this as well"

"Do you have any estimate on when it's coming back? Talking days, weeks, months, years?"

"Possibly, a month or two."

Around September/October then, if it's not postponed again.
Swedrami: From The Sinking City twitter account:

"Hey guys. We do know the cause why the game had been delisted from Steam, GOG, and Playstation now - but we cannot share any explanations now. Sorry for keeping you in the dark, but this is for a reason. We'll be able to explain just a little later. We're living thru this as well"

"Do you have any estimate on when it's coming back? Talking days, weeks, months, years?"

Cool, well, of course they knew, but they couldn't talk. Surely it's a rights issue, for example they already had problems with Focus Home.
Swedrami: From The Sinking City twitter account:

Thanks for the update.
Here is the reason: https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/frogwares-removed-the-sinking-city-stores-publisher-bigben-breaching-contract-terms

Apparently Frogwares is really unlucky with the publishers it chooses for its games. Fortunately they should have solved the problem, so I expect to see The Sinking City on GOG soon!
http://frogwares.com/the-sinking-city-is-being-delisted-heres-why/

It's a mess
high rated
BEWARE!

In their statement they say the game is available "DRM free" on their website. I got it there to support them, and because who knows when it will come here, but as far as I can tell it is NOT DRM free. Using any .exe in the file comes up with an error that says "please use Frogwares launcher to start the game."
I don't understand what's the point of Bigben publisher since the game was already finished. Why can't they just self publish their game digitally and appoint a small distributor to handle collector's physical boxes?

They had problems with french Focus Home and for some reason they decided to negotiate a deal with another french company. And why not Ubisoft since they have established office in Kyiv, Ukraine?

If the half of what they've told is true they surely HAVE to sue Bigben/Nacon for LOTS of lost profit money. And if they will not no one will believe in their story. It smells bad, very bad.

EDIT:
1. Bigben produced the game financially, that's why.
2. Frogwares took legal action against Bigben.

StingingVelvet: BEWARE!

In their statement they say the game is available "DRM free" on their website. I got it there to support them, and because who knows when it will come here, but as far as I can tell it is NOT DRM free. Using any .exe in the file comes up with an error that says "please use Frogwares launcher to start the game."
Oh great, the first inconsistency.
Post edited August 25, 2020 by Cadaver747
Sigh! This sucks!
StingingVelvet: BEWARE!

Yep. Their store also states that the game requires internet connection when launching the game. And it's not the only game there needing online activation.
Weird choice for games which have probably been pirated a million times.
Attachments:
karnak1: Yep. Their store also states that the game requires internet connection when launching the game. And it's not the only game there needing online activation. Weird choice for games which have probably been pirated a million times.
Yeah, I feel stupid for not reading first but they bluntly said "DRM free" in their press release and I didn't even consider that could be bullshit. Live and learn.
karnak1: Yep. Their store also states that the game requires internet connection when launching the game. And it's not the only game there needing online activation. Weird choice for games which have probably been pirated a million times.
StingingVelvet: Yeah, I feel stupid for not reading first but they bluntly said "DRM free" in their press release and I didn't even consider that could be bullshit. Live and learn.
Interesting. As DRM-free becomes more attractive for potential customers, we might see such misleading statements in the future
StingingVelvet: Yeah, I feel stupid for not reading first but they bluntly said "DRM free" in their press release and I didn't even consider that could be bullshit. Live and learn.
Don't feel bad about it. I'd also have fallen in the same "trap". Specially because I'd have thought that - since the game was supposed to have landed on the GOG later on - they'd already have a DRM-free version ready for download.
Shame on them.
Carradice: Interesting. As DRM-free becomes more attractive for potential customers, we might see such misleading statements in the future
Hopefully nothing a couple of class action lawsuits for false advertising can't solve.
Too much shit around this game, starting with the epic exclusivity
Back in January I knew something was up... the local game store chain was dumping the game on PS4 for $5. Never dreamed it would disappear everywhere.

Oh BTW...

... just got an email notification that The Sinking City (PC) is now available on Origin.
Post edited August 26, 2020 by kai2