It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare yourself for a journey across continents and through time! Syberia: The World Before is coming soon to GOG.COM. In this new installment to the famous adventure game series, you play both as Dana Roze in 1937 and Kate Walker in the year 2004, as you get to the bottom of mysteries that have remained buried for too long.

Ready to set off on an adventure? Check out Syberia: The World Before - Prologue on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Wow! It looks beautiful... another work of the great Benoît Sokal. I just hope it lives up to the first two titles of the saga!
I don't think my computer can run this, but how's the gameplay? From what I heard Syberia 3 was pretty terrible.
Only semi-related question, but does the 3rd game conclude the series, or does it somehow end on a cliffhanger?
my name is sadde catte: I don't think my computer can run this, but how's the gameplay?
The game hasn't been released yet.
EDIT: Seems I managed to skip the 3. Got to play or at least see a playthrough of that one before playing this .

Really enjoyed the first two.
Post edited December 22, 2020 by sanscript
my name is sadde catte: I don't think my computer can run this, but how's the gameplay?
You could give the prologue a try:

https://www.gog.com/game/syberia_the_world_before_prologue
i dn't like the dialogue wheel though :( call me a fundamentalist but it just triggers bad memories of mass effect and how they tried to make you think you had "choices"
It looks beautiful, I have to play the 2nd and 3rd episodes before.
RoboPond: You could give the prologue a try:

https://www.gog.com/game/syberia_the_world_before_prologue
Sorry, let me rephrase: My computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements. It's not going to be able to run the demo any better than the full game.

I'm just asking for opinions from people who are able to play the demo.
teceem: The game hasn't been released yet.
There's a demo that I can't play, that others might be able to.
Post edited December 22, 2020 by my name is sadde catte
my name is sadde catte: There's a demo that I can't play, that others might be able to.
You're right! I guess I read past it because of the missing word 'demo' ;-)

The CPU requirement looks pretty demanding for a game like this...
Post edited December 22, 2020 by teceem
As a lover of first two parts in series hoping this will offer me similar immersive experience.

Honestly, didn't want you ruined memories so I cowardly skipped part 3.
Very excited for this. I loved Parts 1 & 2 so much! ( :

Played part of the Prologue, and it looks beautiful. And the controls are SO much better than the awkward, abysmal control scheme of Part 3 that seemed like it was just ported from consoles. This is more mouse-orientated.

Although, I have to say... Kate Walker just doesn't look like Kate Walker anymore.
my name is sadde catte: I don't think my computer can run this, but how's the gameplay? From what I heard Syberia 3 was pretty terrible.
Yep, it was pretty terrible. Nothing like the first 2 parts.
The story was... average. They completely ruined the memory of Oscar. And the controls were horrendous!
This new game seems much better. But I've only played a little bit of the Prologue so far.
Robette: Only semi-related question, but does the 3rd game conclude the series, or does it somehow end on a cliffhanger?
Part 3 ends on a cliffhanger.
Post edited December 22, 2020 by FrodoBaggins
FrodoBaggins: Yep, it was pretty terrible. Nothing like the first 2 parts.
The story was... average. They completely ruined the memory of Oscar. And the controls were horrendous!
This new game seems much better. But I've only played a little bit of the Prologue so far.
I'm glad to hear they seem to have learned from some of their mistakes! Still, I'll have to push through part 3 before I can play this anyway.
Robette: Only semi-related question, but does the 3rd game conclude the series, or does it somehow end on a cliffhanger?
The third game ends on a cliffhanger and the story continues in this one as you can see in the Prologue already.