It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Beauty and the beasties.

<span class="bold">Soul Saga</span>, a colorful love letter to the beloved JRPG classics, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com!

What better place than the beautiful, fractured continent of Oterra, for the whimsical adventures of young Mithos and his band of unlikely companions to unfold? Dealing with the echos of a cataclysmic event that forever changed the land hundreds of years ago, this lovely bunch will employ advanced turn-based tactics, strong magics, cute animations, and lovely melodies to subdue the many bizarre creatures on their path. And when they want to get a better view of this vibrant world, they can just hop on their rad airship and fly to other, equally stunning yet deeply troubled parts of the floating islands that once made Oterra. Treasure, danger, and oddly-shaped enemies await them there but also secrets they may not be ready for yet.

Wishlist <span class="bold">Soul Saga</span> and explore a lush world with a giant JRPG heart beating at its core, coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Looks interesting to me + Linux version.
I'll definitely keep an eye on the game.
Mmm not sure, do love a rpg....so maybe somwhere down the line it will be a purchase.

Hope it's kB&M friendly, & keys can be remapped too.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by DampSquib
Wishlisted. Looks interesting and has some fantastic art, i may add.
We shall see.
Post edited January 17, 2017 by Hikage1983
high rated
Soul Saga's developer, Disastercake, here!

Thank you for the kind words everyone! It's inspiring to see so many GOGers excited for Soul Saga. I can't wait to share my humble JRPG with you!
Disastercake: Soul Saga's developer, Disastercake, here!

Thank you for the kind words everyone! It's inspiring to see so many GOGers excited for Soul Saga. I can't wait to share my humble JRPG with you!
Just a question...your bio says you grew up on a miniature horse farm in Michigan?

*looks around* Somebody go round up tinyE! Inquiring minds want to know if this is really just a coincidence!

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by! We appreciate developer presence. I hadn't heard of your project before, and "Soul Saga" looks appealing, so I'll be keeping an eye on your progress.
Graphics-wise, no indie dev can win with GOG forumites unless it's 2D traditional animation that takes forever to do. :P

Not my genre, but it looks very promising; I wish you best of luck, sales-wise! :)
Post edited January 18, 2017 by tfishell
high rated
Luned: Just a question...your bio says you grew up on a miniature horse farm in Michigan?
I did! My parents have a world conquering army of them. I think there's still around 100 mini's on their farm (it was significantly over that at some point).

Luned: In the meantime, thanks for stopping by! We appreciate developer presence. I hadn't heard of your project before, and "Soul Saga" looks appealing, so I'll be keeping an eye on your progress.
Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Chatting with fans is my favorite part of being an indie gamedev. =)
tfishell: Graphics-wise, no indie dev can win with GOG forumites unless it's 2D traditional animation that takes forever to do. :P
I understand! Soul Saga's art contributors were able to produce amazing work in consideration of my low budget, but 3D JRPG indie games are a rarity for the reason you've stated. Personally, I feel Soul Saga's graphics are at a level that I'm very proud to show off. And many would say that story is much more important, though that's always subjective! =D

tfishell: Not my genre, but it looks very promising; I wish you best of luck, sales-wise! :)
Thank you so much for the well wishes! As long as fans are enjoying Soul Saga then I can die happy. =D
Post edited January 18, 2017 by Disastercake
Smannesman: The graphics don't look that great in the screenshots, but the Skies of Arcadia vibe is nice.
Its a indie project and the creator,s first game project.
There wasnt too many people working on the game either.
I think there was one guy doing most of it + hired musicians/soundguys and some artists.
The programming is one guy only i have heard, migth be wrong about that.

I really dont think one shoud expect an AAA game.
People shoud rather play it and maybe be suprised if its better than the generic indie game they are expecting.

Edit :
Im not saying that there arent awesome inde games out there.
Just that Indie games do tend to be generic unless its trying some new ideas
or a concept that arent used as much.

Edit 2 :
To the creator
From the screenshot,s and what i read about it, it looks nice.
I have to play it before i can give any honest and fair feedback though.
so whislisted to later try i guess.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by Lodium
tfishell: Graphics-wise, no indie dev can win with GOG forumites unless it's 2D traditional animation that takes forever to do. :P
Disastercake: I understand! Soul Saga's art contributors were able to produce amazing work in consideration of my low budget, but 3D JRPG indie games are a rarity for the reason you've stated. Personally, I feel Soul Saga's graphics are at a level that I'm very proud to show off. And many would say that story is much more important, though that's always subjective! =D
Some of the forum users here can be crotchety about art they deem "cheap" or "lazy" (usually pixel art), but I and I'm sure many others think it looks good!
Post edited January 18, 2017 by tfishell
I'm going to keep this short.

Thank you
Lodium: Its a indie project and the creator,s first game project.
There wasnt too many people working on the game either.
I think there was one guy doing most of it + hired musicians/soundguys and some artists.
The programming is one guy only i have heard, migth be wrong about that.

I really dont think one shoud expect an AAA game.
People shoud rather play it and maybe be suprised if its better than the generic indie game they are expecting.
I'm not judging it based by AAA standards, it just doesn't look great.
It looks alright, but some better lighting would make a world of difference IMO.
There is no way to judge the gameplay so all I've got to base my opinion on is the screenshots.
Smannesman: I'm not judging it based by AAA standards, it just doesn't look great.
It looks alright, but some better lighting would make a world of difference IMO.
Exactly, even for an indie game the lighting is entirely sub-par. It looks like a WIP that only has local lights implemented.

The modelling is solid, the texture work is fine, the animations are decent, but the lighting is so bad to the point of absent that it makes everything look completely flat, lifeless and unfinished.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by ReynardFox

Looks nice and already got a place in my wishlist. I'm glad that this time King Software held back on suing for the Saga word :D
Btw. I also think that the textures look pretty, but the lighting does need a bit of work.
Also I'm glad to see more games with cute artwork instead of the more usual pixel art these days (which I don't really like that much).
Post edited January 18, 2017 by blotunga
How soon might "coming soon" be? Next week? Next month? Any time this year?
Thank you for the feedback, everyone. As an indie and the only full time developer on the project, AAA graphics and lighting were never a goal of mine. Quality of story, gameplay, and inclusiveness are the top goals of my games. Most importantly, I have to make sure whatever is in Soul Saga can run on as many machines as possible. However, after I've focused on making Soul Saga as fun as possible, I'll look into Unity's lighting system (more) and see what I can do that won't exclude fans with weaker computers. Thanks again for all the great feedback. I'm flattered Soul Saga has caught your attention in the sea of games coming out lately. =)

J_Darnley: How soon might "coming soon" be? Next week? Next month? Any time this year?
Hoping this year! =)
blotunga: Looks nice and already got a place in my wishlist. I'm glad that this time King Software held back on suing for the Saga word :D
That did give me and Soul Saga fans a scare for a while!
Post edited January 18, 2017 by Disastercake