It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A haunting and intimate VR title – Last Labyrinth is coming soon to GOG.

You’ll be able to experience a unique relationship with Katia, a girl who speaks a language you cannot understand, in over 10 hours of escape-adventure, puzzle-solving and multiple endings. Work together with Katia on a unique journey in a mansion full of hidden dangers.
high rated
Wasn't sure wether or not this was a exclusive VR title, as in if it needs a VR headset to play.

Another store mentiones this on the store page:
This title runs in both standard and VR modes. It does not require a VR headset

I think mentioning that on here as well, would help unsure people, like me, out a lot. :)

Edit: The game was a VR exclusive title, but they added a non-VR mode earlier this year it looks like.
Post edited July 12, 2023 by NuffCatnip
This looks like something I really would enjoy.
Never heard of this one, but it looks really good! Wishlisted for now, excited for its eventual release!
I played the demo on PSVR and it was VR-only there. Wouldn't make much sense for non-VR as you cannot move. You get dragged around in a wheelchair by the girl. She opens doors for you and such stuff and you can only interact with her by nodding your head and pointing at things. You could do this with a mouse but I think the game would be pointless this way.
Post edited July 12, 2023 by AHF1349
Theoretically this saves me from the trouble of buying the console limprint.
But we shall see if this is not yet another title doomed to stay forever in "coming soon" mode... *stares at Tokyo Necro*
GOG.com: Katia, a girl who speaks a language you cannot understand
So like pretty much all girls I ever met.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944
Hello everyone!

"Last Labyrinth" looks very interesting and reminds me of a couple of older games where the player do not have direct control of a protagonist.
Besides Yorda from the Playstation 2 game "ICO" (mentioned on the game page), I thought of the PC game "Experience 112" (English title: Experiment 112)--which by the way would fit into the current French Days Sale--and the SNES game "Pac Man 2 The New Adventure".

In "ICO" the player is in direct control of a young boy, but soon meets the mysterious girl Yorda who does not speak his language and communicates primarily by gestures. Often the player has to take the girl by her hand to lead her around the environment.

"Experience 112" is a unique point & click adventure game and goes a step further! The player only has remote access and control of a security system including security cameras, a database, doors and lights. Using this the player is tasked to guide an AI-driven character by drawing attention to things in the environment through an (seemingly) abandoned reseacrh facility/ship and to discipher security and access codes in order to find out what happened.
I wonder, why it is not available here, yet--especially, since the publisher (at least in the european region) Microids is already onboard.

"Pac Man 2 The New Adventure" is an early interpretation of such an indirect control scheme (borrowed from an even earlier Japanese SNES game around a boy and a fairy). The player is following an autonomous and mood-swingy Pac Man through a sidescrolling world full of funny or threatening encounters. The player uses a slingshot to interact in the majority of cases not directly with Pac Man but with items in the environment, where Pac Man automatically responds and reacts differently depending on his current mood. The whole game resolves around the ways of how the player can change Pac Man's mood into the desired one required for the various circumstances.

I am curious to see how far and how well the indirect control and communication will be handled in "Last Labyrinth".

Kind regards,
foxgog
AHF1349: I played the demo on PSVR and it was VR-only there. Wouldn't make much sense for non-VR as you cannot move. You get dragged around in a wheelchair by the girl. She opens doors for you and such stuff and you can only interact with her by nodding your head and pointing at things. You could do this with a mouse but I think the game would be pointless this way.
Why would it be pointless if you can still click on things or use the mouse (klick or move) to confirm things? Is VR really the only gameplay element that is worth to be mentioned in this game?
So from the game's web site, with a controller it appears you use the right analog stick to point a laser pointer (determining what you interact with), and the left analog stick to nod/shake your head.

With mouse and keyboard, you use WASD to move the laser pointer, but it doesn't say how you shake your head/nod. I assume using the mouse.
AHF1349: I played the demo on PSVR and it was VR-only there. Wouldn't make much sense for non-VR as you cannot move. You get dragged around in a wheelchair by the girl. She opens doors for you and such stuff and you can only interact with her by nodding your head and pointing at things. You could do this with a mouse but I think the game would be pointless this way.
MarkoH01: Why would it be pointless if you can still click on things or use the mouse (klick or move) to confirm things? Is VR really the only gameplay element that is worth to be mentioned in this game?
While not being a gimmicky game, it makes good use of VR. You have to point at things you can interact with and she will go there asking you something in her incomprehendable language and you have to physically nod with your head to confirm. Point to doors and she will drag you to that room (you are tied to a wheelchair and completely dependent on her). Positional audio is also very good. While it might be technically possible to play it in non-VR it's just not the same experience.
MarkoH01: Why would it be pointless if you can still click on things or use the mouse (klick or move) to confirm things? Is VR really the only gameplay element that is worth to be mentioned in this game?
AHF1349: While not being a gimmicky game, it makes good use of VR. You have to point at things you can interact with and she will go there asking you something in her incomprehendable language and you have to physically nod with your head to confirm. Point to doors and she will drag you to that room (you are tied to a wheelchair and completely dependent on her). Positional audio is also very good. While it might be technically possible to play it in non-VR it's just not the same experience.
Ah okay, thanks for the explanation. I am aware that a game that is designed around VR will never offer the same experience. As long as it is still fun I might still give it a chance though.
GOG.com: Coming soon: Last Labyrinth
Hm,...looks interesting.
But is this played via QTEs? That final shot in the trailer (those moving columns) kinda gives me that impression.
Thanks for the release, excited to try this one. Also, that pedigree! I saw "Team ICO" and was instantly sold <3

Actually, I got ICO vibes from just looking at the character design and concept, before I read the description much further.
(Though I'm not the biggest fan of those rail puzzle designs... Makes me miss and appreciate Fumito Ueda's style all the more)

Speaking of... Hope we can see ICO / Shadow of the Colossus / The Last Guardian here.
Please contribute to my pipe dream and enable me to keep huffing copium:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/ico
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/shadow_of_the_colossus
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/the_last_guardian
Post edited July 13, 2023 by milkyhighway