It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The award-winning action role-playing game created by Guerrilla studio finally makes its way to your PC.
Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition is coming soon on GOG.COM! The GOG version of the game will be released on November 24th with a full set of GOG GALAXY 2.0 features, including achievements, cloud saves, and more.

Prepare to join Aloy on her legendary quest to unravel the mysteries of a world ruled by deadly Machines. An outcast from her tribe, the young hunter strives to understand the past, discover her destiny, and stop the catastrophic threat to the future.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
low rated
GOG.com: The award-winning action role-playing game created by Guerrilla studio finally makes its way to your PC.
Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition is coming soon on GOG.COM! The GOG version of the game will be released on November 24th with a full set of GOG GALAXY 2.0 features, including achievements, cloud saves, and more.

Prepare to join Aloy on her legendary quest to unravel the mysteries of a world ruled by deadly Machines. An outcast from her tribe, the young hunter strives to understand the past, discover her destiny, and stop the catastrophic threat to the future.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Fate-is-one-edge: To find the truth you need only look at the downvoted posts.... Thanks.
How sad and miserable can people be in online forums?
Please get rid of this idiotic system made for kids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO3BfMzrGuk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-0Arz1E8E
Please don't bring it here until it is fixed.
Curate!
Your in snowflake territory where they downvote you when you say something that triggers them. Especially facts that trigger them the most or if you just want a certain game release that for instance triggers them because of the subject matter,
Anothername: Is it a hard Win10 required requirement or is it a only really supported on Win10 but should run fine on Win7 requirement?
ReynardFox: Direct X12, hard Win 10 only.

No one seems to have made any attempts to back port it either even though games like WoW can run in DX12 under Win 7.

I keep hoping that someone will add a vulkan renderer to fix this nonsense.

So wait till that happen. Or maybe if/when I change to Win10 in a few years.
low rated
Fate-is-one-edge: To find the truth you need only look at the downvoted posts.... Thanks.
How sad and miserable can people be in online forums?
Please get rid of this idiotic system made for kids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO3BfMzrGuk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-0Arz1E8E
Please don't bring it here until it is fixed.
Curate!
dgnfly: Your in snowflake territory where they downvote you when you say something that triggers them. Especially facts that trigger them the most or if you just want a certain game release that for instance triggers them because of the subject matter,
I know and I couldn't care less.
:D
If they are satisfied by wasting money on broken games, while hypocritically complaining what the industry has become, they are inhabiting a hilarious and pathetic bubble of a paradox, that does not concern me in the slightest, other than that it amuses me.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1151640/discussions/
And that is just the first page.
TOP KEK for the ignorant fools whiteknighting.

I know of a little game called Hatred, which is more technically sound than Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and a proven clasic, like Postal, but it still hasn't been brought here, due to "heavy snow conditions".
Post edited November 22, 2020 by FateIsOneEdge
Woah, incredible news. Keep up the good work GOG!
Kakarot96: Thanks GOG and all the parties involved in bringing Horizon here, DRM free. Good work!
anzial: It was super easy, barely an inconvenience :)
lol good work anyway :)

BTW, i hope that the game will be released with a new patch 1.08 to improve the perfomance, that stops creating shaders each time you start the game or change a graphics option from the menu and that also solves the crashes that a part from the players/rigs are still suffering when they run the game :S
Will this run on windows 7 sp1, just asking before I buy.
Oh and does the game contain dx12 installer?
I have an offline gaming PC.
Thanks in advance.
anzial: That doesn't disprove my statement unless you got it in late November/December 2019. We are a month away from 2021 which puts 2019 within the scope of "a couple of years ago". Point is, ever since the fair price program ended in February last year, so did the GOG connect, apparently.
€ 0.00 Free Dec 27, 2019 Chasm 16.79 € 0.00
Now, I don't know if there will ever be another game given through connect, and I'd rather have normal giveaways like Teleglitch and Butcher. But it's less than one year since Chasm so it can't be 2 years without Connect.
Great game and very beautiful to look at. Had fun with it on PS4. Only downside is rather bullet sponge enemies.
novumZ: Will this run on windows 7 sp1, just asking before I buy.
Thanks in advance.
no, it will definitely not run on Windows 7.
I also need to upgrade to Windows 10 now because of this and also to have raytracing with Cyberpunk 2077.
novumZ: Will this run on windows 7 sp1, just asking before I buy.
Thanks in advance.
danny-albrecht: no, it will definitely not run on Windows 7.
I also need to upgrade to Windows 10 now because of this and also to have raytracing with Cyberpunk 2077.
Oh that's a bummer :(
Oh well, will play it one day on PS5 once EBay Scalpers release PS5 hostage systems.
Somehow I still can't shake the bad feeling that this is only releasing DRM-free on GoG because of some behind the scenes agreements in regards to Sony-specific shenanigans with Cyberpunk 2077.
Nothing in-game related, as CDPR has time and again confirmed their commitment to the no-exclusive-content policy (up to the point where they don't need to constantly reconfirm it, but for people who seemingly only operate on short-term memory), but maybe something physical, like the Sony-equivalent to the custom-designed Microsoft Box.
Or the equivalent to the Microsoft-exclusive physical bits and bobs that came with the Witcher 3 collector's edition back when?
Personally I couldn't care less, but people in general won't be pleased if something along those lines should turn out to be true.
StingingVelvet: The "release games a month later on GOG" thing is really starting to piss me off now.
Personally, this suits me completely: a slight difference in the release date and the absence of a publisher whining that
"sales are bad due to the presence of the DRM-Free version".
The only thing missing is the PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT (before the game appears on sale on Steam) that the game will be released in GOG a month later (So that those who care about it could wait and not buy on Steam).

Without such an announcement, GOG loses its sales and "gives" them to a competitor. This is noticeable even in this thread, where many wrote that they bought the game on Steam, but would have waited if they knew about its release here. Each such case is one more sale in Steam and often one less sale here.
lostwolfe: downvote post:

the weird crying over 30fps always leaves me confused.

it's like resolution in games.

"oh no! it's not 4k! whatever will we do?"

well, play the game, perhaps? the game is what's important. if the game isn't fun to play, then it doesn't matter what fps the game is in. [within reason, of course.]

plus, there just comes a point where you can't tell the difference between how high the fps is and how good the resolution has become.

you'll manage if it's at 30fps. promise.
mechmouse: Last Christmas I got a 144hz monitor, to be fair I didn't think the difference would be that noticeable, but for me it really was. Specially when rapidly looking around an environment.
Is it noticeable? Yeah. Does it magically make a rock-steady 30FPS game completely and utterly unplayable? No.

This is the problem with the games industry, and what ultimately stops it from achieving mass appeal. Bar Nintendo, companies listen too much to the tech-heads.
Post edited November 22, 2020 by RawSteelUT
Fate-is-one-edge: Please don't bring it here until it is fixed.
Curate!
Maybe try to accept that people have different focal points ?
Your verdict is that the game is broken, because of its technical flaws (which is fine for me). I am on the opposite end: the game is awesome as most game mechanics do what they are supposed to do and the story (altough flawed, especially the characters) and the worldbuilding work for me quite well. And I just don't really care about the technical side.
So for me GOG did its job in terms of curating.
Please say this will be on Connect.

Great game, but one I thought would never make it to GOG due to the Sony connection, so I broke down and bought it on Steam.