It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The award-winning action role-playing game created by Guerrilla studio finally makes its way to your PC.
Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition is coming soon on GOG.COM! The GOG version of the game will be released on November 24th with a full set of GOG GALAXY 2.0 features, including achievements, cloud saves, and more.

Prepare to join Aloy on her legendary quest to unravel the mysteries of a world ruled by deadly Machines. An outcast from her tribe, the young hunter strives to understand the past, discover her destiny, and stop the catastrophic threat to the future.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Maybe the reason the game didn't sell at launch was because the port made by Virtuos was plauged by issues, since then Guerilla has been putting out patches improving it and continue to do so.

I wonder how it sold after that however.
Post edited November 20, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
Soulkin: Got it on PS4 day one, on Steam day one and to support you and DRM, I‘ll get it here day one as well!
GeraltOfRivia_PL: I mean the site is DRM-free, so if you want to support DRM, go elsewhere :)
NuffCatnip: An estimated 716,000 copies were sold during its release month, yup...didn't sell well at all...

We're talking about a full price game (from fucking 2017) that was ported over to PC for cheap.
GeraltOfRivia_PL: If so then why release it here?
Cheers, my bad!;
ChrisGamer300: Maybe the reason the game didn't sell at launch was because the port made by Virtuoso was plauged by issues, since then Guerilla has been putting out patches improving it and continue to do so.

Good to hear that the game received patches. Too often, AAA games sold on other platforms down the road are kapt as they are, without a single patch.

SteamSpy has an estimation of 500k to 1 million sold copies. I don't know wether or not their numbers are accurate though.
Another site had an estimated range of 1 million to 1,6 million sales.
Post edited November 20, 2020 by NuffCatnip
ChrisGamer300: Maybe the reason the game didn't sell at launch was because the port made by Virtuoso was plauged by issues, since then Guerilla has been putting out patches improving it and continue to do so.

NuffCatnip: Good to hear that the game received patches.

SteamSpy has an estimation of 500k to 1 million sold copies. I don't know wether or not their numbers are accurate though.
Another site had an estimated range of 1 million to 1,6 million sales.
Hmm, it's hard to say without official confirmation but 1,5 million would be decent enough i guess considering a lot of people might already have it on console.
GeraltOfRivia_PL: You mean you are insta buying?
Last i looked on the Steam page of that game, it was not drowning in praise
88% of the 1166 user reviews in the last 30 days are positive.
72% of the 25947 user reviews for this game are positive.

So, whatever...
Sony? Like Sony? As in actually Sony? I guess pigs will actually fly someday. Definitely did not expect them to put something on GOG before Microsoft or EA.

If GOG somehow manages to talk to them about their old games, like the ones they own from Psygnosis, it will be a very happy day for all old-school gamers. For that reason alone, I hope this game sells like mad here.

This could actually be a pretty important tipping point in GOG history so let's hope that other big publishers will see Sony was willing to take the step and a brighter future awaits us.

Age of Empires IV announcement when? :P
Post edited November 20, 2020 by idbeholdME
low rated
GeraltOfRivia_PL: You mean you are insta buying?
Last i looked on the Steam page of that game, it was not drowning in praise
timppu: 88% of the 1166 user reviews in the last 30 days are positive.

So, whatever...
88 and 72 is low for an AAA game. Witcher 3 has an overall of 98
timppu: 88% of the 1166 user reviews in the last 30 days are positive.

So, whatever...
GeraltOfRivia_PL: 88 and 72 is low for an AAA game. Witcher 3 has an overall of 98
It's likely that many of the negative reviews for the PC version are because of the crappy state of the port when it first came out. As far as I know it's stable now.

Also, this game is awesome. Beautiful graphics, robot dinosaurs, an amazing lore filled story, and Ashley. It was tied with Persona 5 for my favorite game of 2017.
It's strange to me that this doesn't have its own banner at the top of the front page, shouldn't this be a release that GOG wants to really advertise a lot?
What's with the hype ?
high rated
i_hope_you_rot: What's with the hype ?
DRM free worldwide release of a great game.
tfishell: It's strange to me that this doesn't have its own banner at the top of the front page, shouldn't this be a release that GOG wants to really advertise a lot?
Properly only then when it is actually released.
barleyguy: DRM free worldwide release of a great game.
oh
barleyguy: This is a stupid post.

GOG has to negotiate DRM freedom and a worldwide release. It takes time and hard work. Be patient. Also, if you're complaining because you bought it on Steam, that's your fault not theirs.
Whether it is GOG's fault or not, I can still be annoyed by it, no? Also never would have expected Sony to sell something DRM free.

The number of people who never use Steam is infinitesimally small, no matter what the GOG forum average is.
Have this on Steam, great game. Any chance of this being on GOG connect? ;)