It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A corruptive presence has invaded the Federal Bureau of Control and only you have the power to stop it! Control Ultimate Edition is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM. Get ready for a visually stunning, award-winning action-adventure title that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The Ultimate Edition will include the main game and all previously released expansions - "The Foundation" and "AWE".

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
fridgeband: This doesn't really make me comfortable to be honest.
Mr.Mumbles: Pfft. And why should anyone of us give a flying fuck about what's happening with the console versions (for consoles that aren't even out yet) when we're obviously primarily PC gamers? Also, I hate when people are too lazy to include the relevant information in their post, pointing at some random youtuber's vlog instead.
Why should we care? Well because if I have a friend, or a business partner, I care about how they treat other people. Simple as that. This is exactly why I support gog and CDPR, because they're really good to their customers.

Mr.Mumbles: Also, I hate when people are too lazy to include the relevant information in their post, pointing at some random youtuber's vlog instead.
rjbuffchix: Seconded. I don't want to sit through a bloated 10 minutes to get information that could be conveyed in a paragraph.
You say "I hate when people are too lazy to include the relevant information in their post, pointing at some random youtuber's vlog instead."

And I say, It's really annoying when people don't watch the video I posted, especially when it contains the relevant information I presented, practically on a silver platter, and then they complain and say I didn't give them that information.

The information is in the video my friend, of course that is why I posted it.

It's a short and concise video, and it's possible to skip through the video if you like. The video is pure information and contains nothing else.
Post edited August 28, 2020 by fridgeband
huan: This has me little worried, Could you please share what resolution do you use? I recently (start of the year) bought 2060 with the hope that it will get me through CP2077 and last for at least few years after that... on the other hand, I'm fine with 1920x1080@60 and don't mind sacrificing high-detail in favour of quiet gfx fan.
I use 1440p. Control is very resolution sensitive so you'll likely be able to run it better. Also if you like DLSS, as many do, and run it at 540p it will give you a massive boost in framerates. I'm just saying don't expect high settings. He wants a card that will run it "fine at high settings."
greyhat: Have you noticed since the Epic store exclusivity deals more titles like Controi get here much faster than I think they normally would had they launched on Steam first.

;)
dixxn: Seriously? I honestly don't know about that, and why is that the case, if you don't mind explaining. I kinda disagree with the whole exclusivity deal that Epic's been practicing. But I kinda agree with them giving out free games, though so far I only interested in one of their free games :D

quirkyhug: It may have something to do with the fact that Control is technically already DRM free on Epic. You need to use the launcher to download it, but if you run it directly from the game's install folder it doesn't require the launcher/any additional DRM. There's a few games on EGS that work that way, don't know about all of them though.
dixxn: I see, so it's more likely a good move from the developers. And if I'm not wrong, Remedy is also the developer of Alan Wake, which is also in GOG's catalogue. Just surprised that it's going to come much sooner.
Because Epics whole modus operandi, whether it is genuine or otherwise, is a more consumer friendly market believe it or not. hahah The Exclusives might make it seem contrary to that. They just make an offer developers dont want to refuse.

They want to take the strangle hold Steam has on being the primary store front more or less. I dont think Epic, it self, cares one way or another if they become the main store front. I personally believe that they have noticed a decline in quality games, sales, and studio longevity (especially indie) due, in part, to Steams over flux of games. This hurts Epics bottom line, small studio security, etc. If have checked back in the past it took titles GOG has been recently getting many years to get here from Steam. However, now we are getting similar quality titles almost immediately after the Epic games store exclusive. As well as non epic exclusive titles at launch

Whereas, the trend in the past was years on Steam. Now this cant all be just Epics doing but it is a definite shift in the trend. However you want to explain it. The result is definite improved market for game consumers. Which is what we all wanted.
Post edited August 28, 2020 by greyhat
StingingVelvet: Yeah, it doesn't really have DRM on Epic. I'll probably re-buy it here someday in a deep sale, but you could just copy and past the files to a backup drive and have a "DRM free" version. Remember that games today are built to work that way, they don't really need an installer.
Just noticed that Control Ultimate Edition is around 40 dollars (20 percent off) on Steam. It is not bad price wise. I was expecting it to sell for more for some reason. I guess because every one was griping about it being a cash grab not to give every one who purchased the base game plus DLC the ultimate edition. Technically though it is just all bundled in to one but the two versions are identical. haha

So, based on the amount of anger, I was expecting a 70 dollar , or more, launch price on Steam. :D
Post edited August 28, 2020 by greyhat
greyhat: Just noticed that Control Ultimate Edition is around 40 dollars (20 percent off) on Steam. It is not bad price wise. I was expecting it to sell for more for some reason. I guess because every one was griping about it being a cash grab not to give every one who purchased the base game plus DLC the ultimate edition. Technically though it is just all bundled in to one but the two versions are identical. haha
If I understand it right; you're saying that some people that basically already had the ultimate version (minus the name ultimate) call it a "cash grab" because their game + all DLC won't be called "ultimate version".
Maybe you're referring to a missing cheap upgrade path for the base version? Because that story is just too silly...
greyhat: Just noticed that Control Ultimate Edition is around 40 dollars (20 percent off) on Steam. It is not bad price wise. I was expecting it to sell for more for some reason. I guess because every one was griping about it being a cash grab not to give every one who purchased the base game plus DLC the ultimate edition. Technically though it is just all bundled in to one but the two versions are identical. haha
teceem: If I understand it right; you're saying that some people that basically already had the ultimate version (minus the name ultimate) call it a "cash grab" because their game + all DLC won't be called "ultimate version".
Maybe you're referring to a missing cheap upgrade path for the base version? Because that story is just too silly...
It is a very silly story but I saw an article and comments that followed about just that. That being charged for the Ultimate edition was a greedy move when people prior had payed for the base game and the DLC. It seems I spoke a bit out of turn. It was the console version people were gripping about.

Anyway, either way, I feel it is silly as the base game plus the DLC equal the ultimate edition...just not in name. The argument was that some people felt that they should get the Ultimate edition gratis. I saw the argument extend to the PC versions too. I am sorry I brought it up now. I dont really feel it is a grievous thing. As the two versions are identical.

https://kotaku.com/existing-copies-of-control-won-t-be-upgradable-to-the-n-1844702441

https://kotaku.com/control-publisher-posts-explanation-about-next-gen-upgr-1844786154

https://www.reddit.com/r/controlgame/comments/ibr7oz/remedys_blatant_cash_grab_with_the_ultimate/
low rated
Radiance1979: nice one, have it on epic so won't be buying it here, but i certainly recommend this game to anyone.
pff did they really just downreped you just because you bought it on epic?:O
what a toxic behavior

OPlay: Would this work on a Radeon RX 570 8GB RAM, 1920 x 1080 resolution?

Yeah, I know, it's not the newest card... but that's what I have.
yeah it should be good enough
Post edited August 29, 2020 by Orkhepaj
StingingVelvet: I tend to use installers for older and smaller games and back them up, then use Galaxy for newer AAA style games. Someday when it makes more sense I'll make backups for those big AAA monsters.
It certainly helps there are not many AAA monsters which deserve backup in my case. I wouldn't play many of them again.
Radiance1979: nice one, have it on epic so won't be buying it here, but i certainly recommend this game to anyone.
Orkhepaj: pff did they really just downreped you just because you bought it on epic?:O
what a toxic behavior

OPlay: Would this work on a Radeon RX 570 8GB RAM, 1920 x 1080 resolution?

Yeah, I know, it's not the newest card... but that's what I have.
Orkhepaj: yeah it should be good enough
not entirely sure but all the evidence does seem to point towards that direction yea .... buggers should be happy, on epic th e game is A still 60 bucks and if i want the dlc i have to pay another 24 for the season pass on gog and steam you pay 50 for the complete game
greyhat: At this point I just use Galaxy to install the large ones and then back them up that way. However, that is not say I dont appreciate the effort GOG goes to to make the stand alone installers available. It is added work that other store fronts do not bother with. So, I am not surprised there are discrepancies between them and GOG Galaxy installs.
StingingVelvet: Oh for sure, and someday when I have a dual 5TB backup drives I'll make redundant backups of all those 50GB games. It's just not really feasible at the moment, or necessary really.
Dual 5tb? Bah, I have 3 raid 5 boxes with 30-40tb and that may expand to 4 shortly! Not to mention the hdds in the main machine, a local nas, and various assorted external hdds. I am not losing anything again!

But I do agree, gogs offline installers are a bit of joke. No way to download old versions. No changelog or no information. “Updates” to squeeze more galaxy only parts in or remove content.
Only just noticed this game. Whats it all about? What does it feel there is a hype factor with it? (justified?)
Niggles: Only just noticed this game. Whats it all about? What does it feel there is a hype factor with it? (justified?)
It's like a third-person System Shock kinda. It's pretty good, though for me the constantly respawning enemies made it feel repetitive.
Lodium: Is there any cards that will run this fine at high settings wich doesnt cost a fortune?
Im looking for advice for cards to buy next.
Wait a few more months for Nvidia and AMD to release their next line of cards. I have a 5700 XT (AMD) and it runs this card on high settings @ 1080p just fine, but in a few months it'll be the difference of getting a 5700 XT for $400 versus $300 or maybe even less. Someone here posted the 5700 XT is $480 CAD, that's pretty outrageous. I bought my model for $369 USD in April, so unless prices have severely went up, it might be cheaper to buy it here on a US site and have it imported, if you were going to go AMD.

If you want to go Nvidia, the point stands. a 2060 will be $80-100 cheaper within the next 6 months, hopefully.
Timbroski: If you want to go Nvidia, the point stands. a 2060 will be $80-100 cheaper within the next 6 months, hopefully.
... not if the prices for the 3000 series are as high as they are rumored to be. Chances are prices for the 2000 series will stay the same.
This game reminds me of Quantum Break. Is there an option to play a male character instead?