It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.

Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on October 6th!
high rated
Larian got the rights to make BG3? That is awesome.
Nice to see the game here ^_^
low rated
Why "Baldur's Gate 3"? What exactly does it have to do with the Baldur's Gate story, other than the setting (BG 2 wasn't even in Baldur's Gate, so that's not saying much)? The Throne of Bhaal expansion for BG2 finished the story. The only gap might have been between BG1 & 2, but there seems to be little point in exploring that (and besides, Beamdog claims to have done that already)

Not that this game will work on my machine, anyway, like most of Larian's games, so I guess I don't care. They seem to favor features of Windows explicitly not supported by Wine, and even their Linux port required effort to get working,
hooray!

i was reading around and it almost looked like it was locked to stadia. glad to see that's not the case and that it's coming here, too. :)
Mafwek: Than again, original titles weren't that good (no matter how much I love BG2)
I played those games to death in the early 2000s, but yes, in hindsight it's clear to me that they had many flaws in areas like quest design, meaningful choices and consequences etc. You often were railroaded far too much.
So there's certainly room for making a better rpg, but imo it should be under a different name.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?

Super excited!

Sounds good, better than them NOT trying to make a game that could live up to it.

I think they should try making it 5E, it's a good edition, and probably a better choice than to trying keeping it AD&D.
Post edited June 06, 2019 by DementiaPraecoXtra
Didn't Beamdog have the rights to D&D? They have not even finished Neverwinter Nights Enhanced edition. Guess they saw how successful Divinity was
morolf: I played those games to death in the early 2000s, but yes, in hindsight it's clear to me that they had many flaws in areas like quest design, meaningful choices and consequences etc. You often were railroaded far too much.
So there's certainly room for making a better rpg, but imo it should be under a different name.
Baldur's Gate has the brand name. Brand name sells better than new title.
So... now Illithids act like Xenomorphs. Like they needed even more reasons for being creepy and disgusting.
I'll instabuy this if in the end you can make them go extinct.
Oh well, another Beamdog attempt to get money off the decades old stuff... (reads the description) wait, Larian will be developing it??

Their kind of humor and me don't always see eye to eye, but its only minor complaint, otherwise their games are solid. And I have yet to play more than day or two of Original Sin, not to speak of OS2, they could have improved even in the humor department in their latest titles. This could turn out to be good.
Well, Larian is a good choice (Beamdog showed their level of talent with Dragonspear...)!
I'm so excited for this

We don't need any more game announcement this year. Larian just stole 2019 ;)
Mafwek: Baldur's Gate has the brand name. Brand name sells better than new title.
I've now read that Larian representatives apparently claim the game will continue the story of the first two games.
If true, it's a very bad idea imo...would be sad, if they invalidated the story of BG1&2 by pulling some retcon nonsense like "The Bhaalspawn was eventually still taken over by Bhaal! Everything that happened in the first two games was meaningless."
I hope this isn't a continuation of the Bhaalspawn saga, since that storyline was taken as far as it could go. That being said, Larian is perhaps the only developer I trust to make a worthy sequel to that classic! I'm honestly excited to see what they do with both the mechanics and the setting, and I sincerely hope it still has their trademark sense of humor.
JinseiNGC224: I'm so excited for this

We don't need any more game announcement this year. Larian just stole 2019 ;)
I would not complain if some unnamed company were to announce CP2077 release date in some near future :)