It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MechWarriors, assemble!

<span class="bold">BattleTech</span>, the Kickstarted take on tactical 'Mech combat by the creators of Shadowrun Returns, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.

It's 3025 and the world is being torn apart by conflict while an interstellar civil war is a-brewing. The only way to survive is by leading your own mercenary outfit of MechWarriors through this brutal power struggle between corrupt rulers and ambitious aristocrats. Customize your giant BattleMechs and pilots, keep them upgraded and fit for battle, then unleash them upon your enemies in turn-based skirmishes that might as well decide the future of this war-ravaged world.
Post edited May 15, 2017 by maladr0Id
This is interesting. From the screenshots, it looks as if the game is going to have a view from outside the mechs, not from within the cockpit?

I really do like the Mechwarrior series and have somewhat lamented that any of the classics haven't come to GOG (even though I believe they had one or two which were similar). I imagine it's because Microsoft owns that franchise now.
JDelekto: This is interesting. From the screenshots, it looks as if the game is going to have a view from outside the mechs, not from within the cockpit?
It's a strategy game, It takes place in the Mechwarrior universe but it's a "spiritual successor" of sort of MechCommander (the strategy game), and not Mechwarrior (the first person action game).
For a second I thought it was one of the old DOS games, I'd forgotten they were working on this.
Mechs are always welcome but I would rather see classic Mech-themed games
JDelekto: This is interesting. From the screenshots, it looks as if the game is going to have a view from outside the mechs, not from within the cockpit?
Gersen: It's a strategy game, It takes place in the Mechwarrior universe but it's a "spiritual successor" of sort of MechCommander (the strategy game), and not Mechwarrior (the first person action game).
OK, thank you for clearing that up. I really do prefer the first person action versions, especially those you drive with the HOTAS. I'm still waiting for a good VR mech simulator to emerge, it looks like there are a couple of promising candidates.
1. Oh cool, a new MechWarrior game! I am glad someone is finally making a single player version!
2. Oh, it's a strategy game, it looks like one more RTS.
3. Rejoice, it's actually a turn based strategy game! My favorite genre!
4. Hints of some type of branching campaign? I hope so. Open world would be better but branching is fine too.
5. No ETA? Come on!
6. Wishlisted. Can't wait!
trusteft: 1. Oh cool, a new MechWarrior game! I am glad someone is finally making a single player version!
2. Oh, it's a strategy game, it looks like one more RTS.
3. Rejoice, it's actually a turn based strategy game! My favorite genre!
4. Hints of some type of branching campaign? I hope so. Open world would be better but branching is fine too.
5. No ETA? Come on!
6. Wishlisted. Can't wait!
Well the game was originally supposed to be released in May but has been delayed. The backer beta starts in June and the devs are planning a release late Summer or early Autumn
Command of a squad of mechs. This brings back memories of Missionforce: Cyberstorm, an old Earthsiege spinoff.
high rated
"Publisher: Paradox Interactive"

Time for some overpriced deluxe editions with no upgrade paths, exclusively on GOG!
I miss the old Mechwarrior games. But I have to see some gameplay as it is a different genre...I want some action for my Thrustmaster.
I backed this on Kickstarter. Can't wait for the beta :)
trusteft: 2. Oh, it's a strategy game, it looks like one more RTS.
"One more RTS" ? What was the last good one that came out since Starcraft 2 ?

@ Grargar: They only just announced the partnership with Paradox today. All the creative stuff is still Harebrained Schemes' responsibility as far as I understand it, with Paradox only handling "marketing".
Post edited May 12, 2017 by wuerfelprinz
tburger: Mechs are always welcome but I would rather see classic Mech-themed games
Most of them are lost in IP rights limbo. To my knowledge Activision has lost the rights to distribute the old Mechwarrior games (as they have lost that right to their Star Trek licenced games, so these we will not see either).

Both MechCommander games can be downloaded from fansites, most of the old DOS titles from Abandonware portals, but an official re-release on GOG may be a bit more complicated than usual.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by Harzzach
wuerfelprinz: @ Grargar: They only just announced the partnership with Paradox today. All the creative stuff is still Harebrained Schemes' responsibility as far as I understand it, with Paradox only handling "marketing".
Obsidian said the same for Pillars of Eternity... yet, we have three different editions of the game and no upgrade paths here.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by Grargar
Nice. Have been following this for quite sometime and it looks quite fun. Though I'm sceptical about their partnership with Paradox that will probably blowup the price sky high.