It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A classic 2.5D dungeon crawler RPG in which you'll take charge of a group of adventurers searching for the next challenge – Spirit of Adventure is now available on GOG with a -25% discount that lasts until August 21st, 1 PM UTC.

Moreover, if you have Realms of Arkania 1+2 or Realms of Arkania 3 (or both) in your library, you can grab Spirit of Adventure with a -40% discount!

This 1991’s gem from the legendary German game development studio Attic Entertainment lets you take charge of a group of 6 heroes that you can freely choose and determine. Each of these characters is equipped with their own abilities that can be useful in your missions.

As you make your way through the world of Spirit of Adventure, you'll meet many people with whom you can interact. But who can you trust? Who is on your side?

Start a battle against the forces of evil and experience a true classic!
So up my alley, thank you GoG <3
GOG.com: Classic Release: Spirit of Adventure
Nice!
Thanks for the chuckle gog. The burly men have bigger tits than the females! lol
dtgreene: Looks a bit like Bard's Tale to me.

One complaint, however, is that the game doesn't numerically show the HP of the party on the battle screen.

(This is going off by the screenshots.)
Maybe there's a setting that can allow that. We'll have to wait and see if someone that played it can answer that. I too like numerical values on display for most games.

I was wondering why I got hit by nostalgic vibes of Realms of Arkania at first glance, until I got a chance to read the post lol.
Post edited August 12, 2023 by gog2002x
Swedrami: Nice, thanks for unearthing and bringing back another classic.
Dohi64: gog did nothing in this case, it's been on steam for more than a year, as also evidenced by the gog store page. not only can they not make sure 30-year-old games (re-)debut on their storefront, or in some cases show up at all despite being avallable elsewhere, they can't even be fucked to skim the store page text for any steam remains, it's just lazy copy-paste.
Ooooh GOG makes me so angery!

:P
I own all 3 Realms of Arkainia but I’m only getting a 25% discount not 40% like it claims I should.. what gives??

PS: A “-40%” discount is actually a 40% INCREASE, GOG. Go back to school and learn math!
Post edited August 12, 2023 by Walburga71
It's not clear to me from the OP, will the 40% discount for owning Arcania expire on August 21st too?

As for the game itself, does it have an automap? Cause without one I really need not bother.
Post edited August 12, 2023 by Breja
Same here: no 40% discount for me...
dtgreene: Looks a bit like Bard's Tale to me.

One complaint, however, is that the game doesn't numerically show the HP of the party on the battle screen.

(This is going off by the screenshots.)
gog2002x: Maybe there's a setting that can allow that. We'll have to wait and see if someone that played it can answer that. I too like numerical values on display for most games.

I was wondering why I got hit by nostalgic vibes of Realms of Arkania at first glance, until I got a chance to read the post lol.
The vibes of Realms of Arkania come from the developers themselves and the engine, art style. The freeform gameplay.

The city navigation is very similar to Blade of Destiny, and a bit the same with the overworld. You need to plan your journey, but all is less complex than the hardcore simulation in Realms of Arkania games.

But at its core is an evident Bard's Tale kind of game. It feels very clear in the combat style. Also in the cities the street name is the main help to not be lost. (Bard's Tale, Quest for Glory 2, Dun Darach...)
Walburga71: I own all 3 Realms of Arkainia but I’m only getting a 25% discount not 40% like it claims I should.. what gives??
I did see 40% earlier today, but now it's 25% for me too. Might have been a very brief discount?
Breja: As for the game itself, does it have an automap? Cause without one I really need not bother.
Apparently no.
It's as old school as it gets. I think it has a learnable skill which enables a compass to show the direction, but that's it.
Walburga71: I own all 3 Realms of Arkainia but I’m only getting a 25% discount not 40% like it claims I should.. what gives??

PS: A “-40%” discount is actually a 40% INCREASE, GOG. Go back to school and learn math!
You may need to go to checkout to see the 40% discount. That's how it is for me; on the game card it's only a 25% discount, but at checkout it's 40%.
Cavalary: I did see 40% earlier today, but now it's 25% for me too. Might have been a very brief discount?
For me...

... game page says "25% off," but once I add the game to my cart...

... "40% off."

Have no history with this game -- and I'm not a fan of what I see of the art style -- so I'll probably just place it back in my wishlist and think on it.
Post edited August 12, 2023 by kai2
kai2: For me...

... game page says "25% off," but once I add the game to my cart...

... "40% off."
Oh, indeed. Still a change though, because earlier it also said 40% on the page (though 25% in the title).
Breja: As for the game itself, does it have an automap? Cause without one I really need not bother.
karnak1: Apparently no.
It's as old school as it gets. I think it has a learnable skill which enables a compass to show the direction, but that's it.
A pity. In that case it's basically unplayable for me. Thanks for the warning.