It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Another Summer Sale gift is coming your way. Grab a copy of BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION before the giveaway ends on 20th June 2022, at 1 PM UTC.

If you’re looking for more cool RPG titles, visit our [url= https://www.gog.com/promo/2022_summer_sale_rpg?utm_medium=editorial&utm_source=content&utm_campaign=2022060_su mmer_sale_gog&utm_term=EN]RPG Collection[/url]. Until the end of the Summer Sale on 27th June 2022, 10 PM UTC, you’ll find many outstanding titles there, with discounts reaching even 90%.
Stereochild: How do you claim it? Unlike normal giveaways before, this one doesn't have a separate banner to click on (The same happened with Venetica). When I click "Learn more", it takes me to the Summer Sale page, and clicking on the envelope opens the main store page in a browser.
HunchBluntley: You don't ever need to click the banner at the very top of the front page -- just scroll down until you see the actual giveaway placard (it's in between the "Explore by decade" & "Highest discount ever" sections).
There is nothing between these sections, and I cannot claim the game too.
Stereochild: How do you claim it? Unlike normal giveaways before, this one doesn't have a separate banner to click on (The same happened with Venetica). When I click "Learn more", it takes me to the Summer Sale page, and clicking on the envelope opens the main store page in a browser.
HunchBluntley: You don't ever need to click the banner at the very top of the front page -- just scroll down until you see the actual giveaway placard (it's in between the "Explore by decade" & "Highest discount ever" sections).
That's the problem: the usual big banner previously used for giveaways is not there. I don't see it. The same happened a couple of days ago with Venetica.
At first, I thought it's a part of GOG's restrictions towards Belarus, but then again I claimed Shantae with no problems (the banner was there as always) and even "bought" Daggerfall for 0 dollars, even though purchases from Belarus are currently disabled.
This was on my Whishlist, Thank you very much.
Damn really nice!
Stereochild: That's the problem: the usual big banner previously used for giveaways is not there. I don't see it. The same happened a couple of days ago with Venetica.
At first, I thought it's a part of GOG's restrictions towards Belarus, but then again I claimed Shantae with no problems (the banner was there as always) and even "bought" Daggerfall for 0 dollars, even though purchases from Belarus are currently disabled.
Ah, I hadn't noticed where you were from. I'm sure that's it. There's been a lot of region-based weirdness during this sale -- people being able to see games they shouldn't be able to (and that they still can't buy or wishlist) -- so the fact that you were able to grab a copy of the Shantae game was likely either the result of the sale-load-related site issues, or an oversight on GOG's part.

There will probably be people who already owned this game willing to donate their bonus gift copies, if that helps.

Lunatic_Asylum: There is nothing between these sections, and I cannot claim the game too.
See above
Post edited June 17, 2022 by HunchBluntley
Thanks for the free game!
Lunatic_Asylum:
You're from Russia.
Stereochild:
And you're from Belarus.

Since GOG's not selling there, it only follows that they'd also be unwilling to give away copies there. So probably Daggerfall Unity and Shantae were exceptions, maybe rightsholders specifically wanting to include everyone.
Post edited June 17, 2022 by Cavalary
Thank you for other gift!
Lunatic_Asylum:
Cavalary: You're from Russia.
Stereochild:
Cavalary: And you're from Belarus.

Since GOG's not selling there, it only follows that they'd also be unwilling to give away copies there. So probably Daggerfall Unity and Shantae were exceptions, maybe rightsholders specifically wanting to include everyone.
I'd guess GOG oversights/screw-ups or site problems due to the sale.

In the case of Daggerfall Unity - GOG Cut -- were perma-free games added to one's account via the cart even made unavailable as a class to RU/BY residents? I know purchases were disabled, but AFAIK, downloads were not, and since there's no price to even bypass in the case of things that are always free, that might not even be a bug/mistake/special case, but simply how that class of items is intended to work.
A great game from a developer you want to support. Excellence in this organization from top to bottom.

Definitely recommend everyone really play this, and then go buy "Stasis" ASAP.
I own the game already - definitely a surprising freebie, one everybody should get! They didn't fill the world in this production as much as they otherwise with more people and budget would, but it is a really nice production.

Also, support the developers however you can, as those are great guys and devs ofc. And buy Stasis!
Nice, thanks a lot GOG and Brotherhood! :)
Cavalary: You're from Russia.

And you're from Belarus.

HunchBluntley: I'd guess GOG oversights/screw-ups or site problems due to the sale.

In the case of Daggerfall Unity - GOG Cut -- were perma-free games added to one's account via the cart even made unavailable as a class to RU/BY residents? I know purchases were disabled, but AFAIK, downloads were not, and since there's no price to even bypass in the case of things that are always free, that might not even be a bug/mistake/special case, but simply how that class of items is intended to work.
After I had spent hours clicking every banner and searching every nook, I decided to contact the support team and hit the sack. In the morning, I went from a PC to a smartphone and was able to claim the copy!
Thank you, GoG! This is resplendent!
And Daggerfall is in my collection now too! Thank you, Polish sisters and brothers!!!

P. S. GoG, the majority of Russians condemn what is happening today but either silence themselves lest they be arrested or are inundated by the vocal minority. Punishing the people with some, though not all, I ought to admit, measures will only hurt the Western-oriented individuals and fuel the gloating of the mediaeval-oriented people, promoting ostracism and suppression of those who want changes.
Post edited June 18, 2022 by Lunatic_Asylum
And this makes 4 of 4 games i didn't have. 100% success, 100% happy.

Many many thanks, GOG!
Lunatic_Asylum: After I had spent hours clicking every banner and searching every nook, I decided to contact the support team and hit the sack. In the morning, I went from a PC to a smartphone and was able to claim the copy!
Thank you, GoG! This is resplendent!
That's probably also a bug, so I'm not sure how good of an idea it was to post it publicly... Then again, not that GOG tends to fix things on the site (they didn't even fix the link in this post), and even less so on a weekend.

Won't comment on the PS.
Post edited June 18, 2022 by Cavalary