It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We often receive questions and messages asking how we are doing as a team, company, store, and platform. That is why we decided to give you a bit more insight into our operations and last year’s results.

Last year was a very challenging time for all of us due to the ongoing global pandemic. Since March 2020, our team continues to work remotely from homes, which is not always easy. Having that in mind, we’re even more proud and happy to share these facts and numbers with you.

[Full image]

It’s a new format for us to share data like this and we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.
high rated
If only the company stopped bending to the Chinese government...
high rated
So I'm no longer part of the main GOG user demographic? Sad cat eyes :P.

That customer satisfaction rating though... clearly not measured on the forums, that much I can tell you.

P.S. Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised to see strategy games coming in second after RPGs. To me they are #1, but I know it's not the general opinion. Wonder how much of the strategy games chuck was contributed by HoMM III...
Post edited April 27, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
It's good to see so much of the user base skews on the younger side, I figured it was mostly older demographics that were into GOG. :)

zlaywal: Asia only contribute 6% of the sales, wonder why?
I'm thinking lack of regional currencies, payment methods, and official language support. I really hope they are working on expanding in those areas.
FoxTwo: See, 73% prefer SINGLE PLAYER, STORY-DRIVEN GAMES.
That's what I have been saying since the mid-1990s :p
73% of their smaller userbase compared to Steam, tho.
high rated
Amazing! Proud of Europa being the most sales producing area.
According to the data, GOG is the most suitable platform for a single-player RPG player. It perfectly describes myself!
high rated

New games released per year:
- 2018: 296
- 2019: 378
- 2020: 483

Number of products available on GOG.COM:
4,700+

Community Wishlists completed by releasing new games:
400,000+
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but something seems very off, like if there were tons of wishes for each game.
Onwards and upwards!

New games released per year:
- 2018: 296
- 2019: 378
- 2020: 483

Number of products available on GOG.COM:
4,700+

Community Wishlists completed by releasing new games:
400,000+
park_84: Maybe I'm reading this wrong but something seems very off, like if there were tons of wishes for each game.
Seems to me they must be counting votes, not wishlists. And possibly from duplicated wishlists too.
high rated
DarkSaber2k: Literally every stat there is a poke in the eye for the "GOG isn't catering to my specific demands and this is why it's dying" type of forum user!
As good as it is to see the stats, I think people like yourself with such comments are part of a growing problem where any criticism = HAHA HATERS GONNA HATE. You can be critical of thing you like and use, Devotion was worthy of criticism given 'for the games' but also blaming 'the gamers' as to why it was delisted. Aside from the fact criticism also provides good data for improvement, community relation-building and ideas.

But anyway

Good to see RPGs listed as the top sellers by genre, with a preference for single-player. Any DRM-Free options are welcome! Though SWAT 4 deserves it's own graph of the basis it's SWAT 4 <3
high rated
"Toss A Coin To Your Witcher".......seems that we all did that. :-)

Is there also a stat about how many permanent purple dots were achieved? ;-)
Post edited April 27, 2021 by Paraharaha
high rated
NuffCatnip: GOG GALAXY
Monthly Active Users +805%

*mumbles something cynical about offline installers*
Well, if it was 10 users and now there are 80 users, it's +800% :)
high rated
DarkSaber2k: Literally every stat there is a poke in the eye for the "GOG isn't catering to my specific demands and this is why it's dying" type of forum user!
Linko64: As good as it is to see the stats, I think people like yourself with such comments are part of a growing problem where any criticism = HAHA HATERS GONNA HATE. You can be critical of thing you like and use, Devotion was worthy of criticism given 'for the games' but also blaming 'the gamers' as to why it was delisted. Aside from the fact criticism also provides good data for improvement, community relation-building and ideas.

But anyway

Good to see RPGs listed as the top sellers by genre, with a preference for single-player. Any DRM-Free options are welcome! Though SWAT 4 deserves it's own graph of the basis it's SWAT 4 <3
Oh I'm plenty critical of GOG if/when I think it's warranted. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy thumbing my nose at the "GOG needs to do what I say or it will DIE" blowhards from the forum too!
park_84: Maybe I'm reading this wrong but something seems very off, like if there were tons of wishes for each game.
DarkSaber2k: Seems to me they must be counting votes, not wishlists. And possibly from duplicated wishlists too.
Oh, right, that must be it.
high rated
zlaywal: Asia only contribute 6% of the sales, wonder why?
Goes to show the folly of bending over backwards due to "many messages from gamers".
high rated
Dray2k: I love data like these. Keep on rocking, GOG-Staff and everybody else!
It's nice that they share some info, but data needs details to be meaningful.

For example:
- many new user registrations can be dead accounts created just to redeem a freebie.
- Gog's increased revenue is surely caused by CP2077's hype and it will drop next year.
- that absurd number of community wishlist completed is probably due to the many duplicates.
- same for the tickets often closed prematurely.
- etc

That said, it's nice that the store is growing and that the refund rate is low despite DRM-free.
Now, if only GOG redirected these profits into fixing the website and hiring more people..
Post edited April 27, 2021 by phaolo