It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We often receive questions and messages asking how we are doing as a team, company, store, and platform. That is why we decided to give you a bit more insight into our operations and last year’s results.

Last year was a very challenging time for all of us due to the ongoing global pandemic. Since March 2020, our team continues to work remotely from homes, which is not always easy. Having that in mind, we’re even more proud and happy to share these facts and numbers with you.

[Full image]

It’s a new format for us to share data like this and we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.
Mr.Caine: Skewed stats due to overhype of Cybershit 2020?
Except for GOG user counts and Galaxy being partly driven by CP2077, those stats pertain to GOG.com excluding CDPR game finances. You can read the report here: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2021/04/management-board-report-on-the-activities-of-the-cd-projekt-group-and-cdc-projekt-sa-in-2020.pdf
Post edited April 28, 2021 by Canuck_Cat
Why is the picture in a [redacted] tablet format?

[Modded by Frambooos: Please refrain from using derogatory terms]
Post edited April 28, 2021 by Frambooos
TZODnmr2k5: I know I'm not the only one to say this... Please GoG more JRPGs, please!

Sure I do love my WRPGs but I and others have a real soft spot for JRPGs, for me I started out on consoles and JRPGs from the PlayStation era really showed that RPGs were no longer a niche market in the u.s., as before the PS1 we were looking at 1-2 JRPGs (Forget about WRPGs they were much rarer) every 1-2 years!

Anyone else remembers when the secret of mana 2 (3 in Japan) 7th saga 2 and a few others was canceled due to there "not being a market for the u.s.?" Sony too was under that mantra, but thank fuck they did a 180 on that bullshit idea!

So to the blue texts how about releasing more JRPGs as the full series for Atelier, wizardry, the tales series and Neptuna?

Naturally, we love our WRPGs as well, but more JRPGs, please; otherwise, keep up the excellent work I hope to see GoG meet steam's position or at least become second place if not first! <=(Pipe dream I know, but still...)

...And the entire tomb raider re-booted trilogy!

EDIT Added new games and context...
kohlrak: May i suggest this?

This is a site that sells mostly DRM-free games, and I did a custom search for you (on the R18 side, so i could get the R16 games included) on this site for turn-based JRPGs that are in english. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the sight, this means only 25 results (alot more if you include adult results, i assure you), but this might sate your thirst. There's also a DRM-free game there that is also being sold on steam, and they are promising an english translation, soon, that's a mix of ARPG and turn-based RPG at the same time: https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ290851.html
Thanks for the site info, I've bookmarked it for future references, I found a few with English translations!
low rated
§pectre: Why is the picture in a retarded tablet format?
Like MS(with Win10 early versions/etc), GOG probably assumes most people own(and surf GOG with) tablets and phones.
low rated
§pectre: Why is the picture in a retarded tablet format?
GamezRanker: Like MS(with Win10 early versions/etc), GOG probably assumes most people own(and surf GOG with) tablets and phones.
Haha, this reminds me of one of Geralt's lines from The Witcher 2: "Stop presuming, expecting and concluding. Just tell me what do you want."
What's your angle, GOG? Just let it out.
low rated
patrikc: Haha, this reminds me of one of Geralt's lines from The Witcher 2: "Stop presuming, expecting and concluding. Just tell me what do you want."
What's your angle, GOG? Just let it out.
They want you to do the work(data submission to them in this case) for little(or in this case no) pay**.....which reminds me of when Geralt talked to the one bounty hunter near the start of the first Witcher game & asked him what prices he got for monster kills.

(**=data they then seemed to have used to make themselves look like they're better and doing better than they are to the user base)
Post edited April 28, 2021 by GamezRanker
A thought occurs: mods can edit posts, but they cannot edit quoted text. So, is there any sense to it? If you're going to edit, might as well edit everything. Don't get me wrong, I do not condone the use of bad language no matter the situation, but editing solves absolutely nothing. If anything, that is going to annoy users even more. Think of something else, surely there are options out there.
And while I'm at it, I'm going to ask it. Do you plan on improving the forums, even if a bit?
Now to mention a positive, I appreciate the fact that mods pay attention to spam and react fast enough, especially lately. I just wish we could see improvements in other areas as well.
high rated
WinterSnowfall: My point is the number does not factor in the tickets that have gone unanswered. And if we're to believe the furious rant threads we've seen on the forums, they are not exactly negligible...
This is true. We measure the backlog of unanswered tickets and try to react to the forum “rants” when they refer to specific tickets. Back in December, we were pretty open that we’ve been experiencing the biggest backlog of tickets in the history of GOG. We’ve been hard at work since then, expanded our Support team, and currently, we have the lowest backlog of unanswered tickets since October 2019.

There are other improvements in the works too - one related to refunds will launch literally later this week.

Cifer84: These facts and numbers about GOG are very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I hope that you don't put the focus too much on new games in the future, but on bringing back good old games.
We hunt for every good old game we can secure. Even when the rights situation might seem obvious there might be other obstacles. Some people don’t want to release their older games at all or don’t want to do it on GOG in particular. Still, this doesn’t mean that we stop trying and asking them almost as often as you ask us.

Cavalary: Huh, you'd think that such a survey would be the biggest, most obvious thing on the front page, and also pointed out very visibly on the forums. Guess not.
This particular survey was meant for newsletter users first but we welcome all entries. The big public survey might still happen and we would announce it on all of our channels then.

gog2002x: Thank you for posting last year’s results for GOG and presenting the facts and numbers. Appreciate the effort to let us know, something that GOG didn't have to do. :)
(...)
[Note: Am I allowed to pass on my GOG account to my surviving family in my will? I am getting older after all. (Question for GOG staff if they read this)]
Thank you for posting this feedback and suggestions. A lot of these things are already on our road maps and we'd like to introduce them. However, I don’t want to make promises until we’re actually ready to roll these out.

Also, no one can stop you from sharing your account password with your descendants. Let’s hope there’s no need for that anytime soon. I wish you a long and healthy life! :)
Post edited April 28, 2021 by emter_pl
tfishell: I guess mod feature like Steam workshop would be useful.
A partnership with Nexus would be nice, like Galaxy being able to easily download and install mods from Nexus similar to how the Steam Workshop works.

Most likely not going to happen, but building their own mod repository definitely won't get much traction given their diminutive size compared to Steam and the community engagement required (yet another platform to package mods for, in addition to Nexus and Steam).
emter_pl: [...] We’ve been hard at work since then, expanded our Support team, and currently, we have the lowest backlog of unanswered tickets since October 2019. [...]
Nice to hear some good news. I hope nobody died under that mountain of tickets you have been crushed under. ;)
emter_pl: We hunt for every good old game we can secure. Even when the rights situation might seem obvious there might be other obstacles. Some people don’t want to release their older games at all or don’t want to do it on GOG in particular. Still, this doesn’t mean that we stop trying and asking them almost as often as you ask us.
While we're on the topic: Has there ever been any serious attempt to fix the situation with Cinemaware's releases? Is there any chance the $10 Anthology that's sold on Steam will ever be released here (as opposed to the 3 or so games for 5 bucks each)?
gog2002x: Thank you for posting last year’s results for GOG and presenting the facts and numbers. Appreciate the effort to let us know, something that GOG didn't have to do. :)
(...)
[Note: Am I allowed to pass on my GOG account to my surviving family in my will? I am getting older after all. (Question for GOG staff if they read this)]
emter_pl: Thank you for posting this feedback and suggestions. A lot of these things are already on our road maps and we'd like to introduce them. However, I don’t want to make promises until we’re actually ready to roll these out.

Also, no one can stop you from sharing your account password with your descendants. Let’s hope there’s no need for that anytime soon. I wish you a long and healthy life! :)
That's really good to hear, I'm sure a lot of us are looking forward to where those road maps will lead and no worries, better safe than sorry. :)

Thank you for the well wishes, last year was not very kind on the medical side. This year is so much better and I look forward to many more years and many more surprises from GOG.

Wishing all of you at GOG a long and healthy life as well, along with all our fellow GOG users. May misfortune shy away from all of us. :)
sanscript: * I too was hoping for more stats about how many users download offline files and how many are using Galaxy, but I can understand why they didn't.
People like me skew that number. I download ALL my installers from the offline installer pool, and still use Galaxy. So I download more games than I play.
GamezRanker: GOG probably assumes most people own(and surf GOG with) tablets and phones.
Considering how resource intensive the front page is and how inflexible the forums' formatting is, I pity anyone primarily browsing GOG.com on a mobile device. :-)
brouer: Considering how resource intensive the front page is and how inflexible the forums' formatting is, I pity anyone primarily browsing GOG.com on a mobile device. :-)
Using a phone is pretty rough. The forum in particular has such tiny font that reading it is impossible without zooming in. The letters are so small as to not be fully rendered by default on my phone.