It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: Did it load savegames quickly or slowly? My system is screaming fast and the loading seems super extremely slow for this game. I googled to the ends of the earth and found nothing though, it's hard to even find pages that mention the game without tonnes of false positives. :/
I played it 3 years ago, I think, so my recollection as to how fast it loaded savegames is understandably practically non-existent. :D
However, games that load longer than average do tend to stick in the memory (especially as long loading times fall under the most annoying things in games for me), so Ceville can hardly have been an offender. As most adventure games, it can't have taken more than several seconds to load.
skeletonbow: French Monk Syndrome is a case where their sense of humour went very incredibly wrong right after their sense of humour went very incredibly wrong several years ago. I believe it's still available on Youtube for the curious, but it's a dark moment that I think GOG probably wants to forget. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOG.com#Marketing_stunt_and_relaunch

4 days from now marks the 6th year anniversary. :)
A that's what you were referring to. Thanks for reminding me. Yep it's obvious that they won't repeat that :)

RadonGOG: Hopefully it´ll go on sale before it gets removed...
I doubt it:
There won't be any goodbye discounts on the game in the meantime, so now's the time to grab it if you were on the fence. :)
moonshineshadow: ;-)
Thanks, saved a copy! :)
Daniel_M: I played it 3 years ago, I think, so my recollection as to how fast it loaded savegames is understandably practically non-existent. :D
However, games that load longer than average do tend to stick in the memory (especially as long loading times fall under the most annoying things in games for me), so Ceville can hardly have been an offender. As most adventure games, it can't have taken more than several seconds to load.
It's loading off a 150MB/s WD HDD that's otherwise idle, onto an AMDFX8350 8-core @ 4GHz with 32GB of 1866MHz RAM and is a simple adventure game that's not even recent. Witcher 3 savegames load faster for me literally. :)

Something is definitely not working out right but it is unique to this game so far. If GOG support can't figure it out I'm going to see if I can tell what's going on with some monitoring and debugging tools but that's a PITA. :)
Post edited September 15, 2016 by skeletonbow
That game was broken as hell for me. Crashed frequently when traveling from location to location, and eventually stopped letting me load my save altogether.
skeletonbow: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_5_9__12&term=ceville

Click the link, then click on the Ceville Demo to see amazing awesomesauce at work!
WTH , o_O , lol

Don't give GOG some silly ideas :P
DyNaer: WTH , o_O , lol

Don't give GOG some silly ideas :P
Oh c'mon... it'd be hilarious :)
I already own the game, but thank you for the warning. Hope the title will return to the catalogue one day in the future. The German version is pretty good.
P1na: thanks for the heads up. Good thing I own it already.
^This. Btw it's a decent game so I recommend people to grab it if they haven't until now.
deleted
I'm sad to hear the news, but I'm glad you have warned us all in advance. I hope it will return at some time in the future.
ElTerprise: I've noticed that Ceville demo behaviour too and would be doable here too because GOG sells EU:Rome Gold :D
skeletonbow: If GOG took me seriously (and I really do hope that they do!) and honoured my goofy request, I would shit bricks as that would be super funny as hell LOL. Even if they just did it for the next 6 days until the game is removed from the store that would be hilarious.
It would be super irritating and not at all the kind of thing a business should do.

Pranks like that are only funny for some people. Not everyone. For a store to do that would be kind of a betrayal of trust (by not having what they say they have) and might actually cause trouble with truth in advertising laws.

It could well be happening by accident on Steam if the game IDs or something on the backend got messed up with the removal, but it's definitely not something a business should do deliberately.
Post edited September 15, 2016 by Gilozard
Gilozard: It would be super irritating and not at all the kind of thing a business should do.

Pranks like that are only funny for some people. Not everyone. For a store to do that would be kind of a betrayal of trust (by not having what they say they have) and might actually cause trouble with truth in advertising laws.
To some perhaps, but it'd be funny as hell and they've done a few things before of a nature like that (see screenshot posted above by moon).

Even the monks video that got them in trouble years ago, the followup interview question sometimes later on video sums up GOG's sense of humour.

So you have GOG pulling a massive hoax prank publicity stunt, pissing off tonnes of customers, apologizing in a joke video that isn't taken too well by people either, and ultimately the publicity of it all worked in the end, and then being asked in an Interview why they thought the monk thing was funny and you get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWYcsvPeqxk

For those who don't know who that is in the monk robe, it is the CEO of CDP and GOG Marcin Iwinski. I think he has a super funny sense of humour and overall personality. :) Even in videos they do where he's not saying something funny you can see him laughing and goofing around a bit to the side where it's obvious he has a pretty good sense of humour and thought of something funny that he might or might not share with everyone. :)

Personally, I'd like to see more of that humour. Not to a controversial hoax extent like they did before but just some good old fashioned fun kind of humour to keep the place alive.

A game distributor isn't a place where everyone should be wearing a suit and tie with their underwear starched. :)
Gilozard: It would be super irritating and not at all the kind of thing a business should do.

skeletonbow: To some perhaps, but it'd be funny as hell and they've done a few things before of a nature like that (see screenshot posted above by moon).

Even the monks video that got them in trouble years ago, the followup interview question sometimes later on video sums up GOG's sense of humour.

So you have GOG pulling a massive hoax prank publicity stunt, pissing off tonnes of customers, apologizing in a joke video that isn't taken too well by people either, and ultimately the publicity of it all worked in the end, and then being asked in an Interview why they thought the monk thing was funny and you get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWYcsvPeqxk

For those who don't know who that is in the monk robe, it is the CEO of CDP and GOG Marcin Iwinski. I think he has a super funny sense of humour and overall personality. :) Even in videos they do where he's not saying something funny you can see him laughing and goofing around a bit to the side where it's obvious he has a pretty good sense of humour and thought of something funny that he might or might not share with everyone. :)

Personally, I'd like to see more of that humour. Not to a controversial hoax extent like they did before but just some good old fashioned fun kind of humour to keep the place alive.

A game distributor isn't a place where everyone should be wearing a suit and tie with their underwear starched. :)
It might be funny to some. But 'some of our customers might laugh' doesn't mean it's a good idea. What you call 'good old-fashioned fun' other people might call 'insulting', 'false advertising', 'mean', etc. Not everyone is you.

Game development is extremely lawyer-heavy, and distribution needs way more lawyers than development. Contract lawyers (employee contracts, contractor contracts, engine and any 3rd party library licenses, art and music rights), copyright lawyers, patent lawyers (software patents mostly), all those trademarks, lots and lots and lots of international lawyers. Did you really not know this?
Post edited September 15, 2016 by Gilozard
I just purchased it. It's a now or never decision and I took the "now" option. Thanks for the warning.
thanks for the heads up Konrad!
let us hope this will not happen with Interplay catalogue..