It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The big annual event starts on 18th August yet we on GOG start the celebrations of QuakeCon early this year. To help you get into the mood, we’ve prepared a Special Sale that includes great games from Bethesda up to 80% off and lasts until 22nd August, 5 PM UTC.
Hey gog, you want me to celebrate quakecon here how about getting doom 2016 and doom eternal?
maybe a bit more attention to id software and a bit less to bethesda as regards an event named for an id game, while you're at it. /s (yes I know bethesda ate them and gets to spraypaint their name onto id's stuff as a publisher)
DooM II enhanced still not in my library for some reasons, and i have already refreshed my account many many times...

edit: i see that in my library, but not in "Owned games" screen; i have already selected install from library without success

in "Orders History" screen there is DooM1 but not DooM2 for some reasons... i think that it's a server issue
Post edited August 18, 2022 by FulVal
Never heard of this Doom enhanced version. Does anyone have any information, what is the difference between the standard Doom and enhaced?
Timboli: And on the Doom 3 BFG Edition page, we have a blank bullet entry at the end. Not sure if that was there before ... or maybe we have the original Doom 3 incoming.
Alas the blank bullet entry is no longer there ... guess they didn't want us to get our hopes up. :(
OPlays22: Never heard of this Doom enhanced version. Does anyone have any information, what is the difference between the standard Doom and enhaced?
This was an update from a year ago for the DOS versions available in Steam and probably also in Bethesda site versions.

At its core it is the Doom Classic versions available in the Doom III BFG but instead the idtech4 used in the shell ithey use Unity. The port itself is a proper Doom source port apparently.

The differences are basically that it adds proper widescreen. In fact it only runs in widescreen with an option to view it pillarboxed. But no real 4:3 resolutions.

The framerate cap has been expanded and you can select your preference. 30, 60 120...etc

The things that were changed in the Doom III BFG versions because of trademark violatin stuff are still there like the stimpacks crosses green insead of red, etc.

The soundtrack in the vanilla games are ogg, with midi available for addons.

Bundled ingame downloader of curated wad/addons. And option for custom wads with its limitatons depending the mod

Regarding the game itself the port is pretty pure. No HDR or Bloom or spectacular effects here. Very conservative approach.
FulVal: DooM II enhanced still not in my library for some reasons, and i have already refreshed my account many many times...

edit: i see that in my library, but not in "Owned games" screen; i have already selected install from library without success

in "Orders History" screen there is DooM1 but not DooM2 for some reasons... i think that it's a server issue
I had to wait and use the refresh link a few times yesterday before the two enhanced versions appeared as library entries. I guess they were still adding the entries and we were checking them too soon ... especially with Doom II Enhanced.

One thing I did notice, is that Doom I Enhanced showed as the last entry (newest) in my library initially. Then later it and Doom II Enhanced, which never showed at that position, later appeared at the purchase location for the original Doom games when I bought them. I always view via Purchase Order.

Doom I Enhanced is still the only one showing in Orders, so I suspect they added it wrongly initially ... hence why I also briefly saw it at the newest game addition position.
DodoGeo: Came to comment on the missing Quake EE and saw many folks are still waiting on the then promised update.
So here's an up vote to all the folks that already mentioned it.
OPlays22: When was it promised, that EE comes to GOG?
https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_series/quake_enhanced_update

On the Quake subforum by a GOG staffer one year ago.
People are really pissed about it because of complete lack of information or clarification what is going on..
Post edited August 18, 2022 by DodoGeo
OPlays22: When was it promised, that EE comes to GOG?
DodoGeo: https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_series/quake_enhanced_update

On the Quake subforum by a GOG staffer one year ago.
People are really pissed about it because of complete lack of information or clarification what is going on..
Thanks. Hmmm... interesting.

OPlays22: Never heard of this Doom enhanced version. Does anyone have any information, what is the difference between the standard Doom and enhaced?
Gudadantza: This was an update from a year ago for the DOS versions available in Steam and probably also in Bethesda site versions.

At its core it is the Doom Classic versions available in the Doom III BFG but instead the idtech4 used in the shell ithey use Unity. The port itself is a proper Doom source port apparently.

The differences are basically that it adds proper widescreen. In fact it only runs in widescreen with an option to view it pillarboxed. But no real 4:3 resolutions.

The framerate cap has been expanded and you can select your preference. 30, 60 120...etc

The things that were changed in the Doom III BFG versions because of trademark violatin stuff are still there like the stimpacks crosses green insead of red, etc.

The soundtrack in the vanilla games are ogg, with midi available for addons.

Bundled ingame downloader of curated wad/addons. And option for custom wads with its limitatons depending the mod

Regarding the game itself the port is pretty pure. No HDR or Bloom or spectacular effects here. Very conservative approach.
Thank you for detailed information! This is new to me.
Is the original DOOM 3 still available to buy at a digital store? Not that I want to buy it unless DRM-Free.

I see that weekly free place has it, not free, but they may have just left BFG out of the title, as like the BFG version here, both Mission Packs are included. They only list the initial year of release, so it could be the original.

I was pleased to discover I actually have the original on disc ... unplayed and still sealed. LOL. Includes the Resurrection mission pack.

GOG of course are not the only place presenting Bethesda games for QuakeCon ... a real shame we don't get what some of the others have, that many of us are clamoring for here, DRM-Free.
Post edited August 18, 2022 by Timboli
Timboli: Is the original DOOM 3 still available to buy at a digital store? Not that I want to buy it unless DRM-Free.
It's bundled with BFG Edition in Steam. But I think they sooner or later release it here as enhanced first Dooms.
There's a comprehensive-looking list at https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_Classic_Unity_port#Differences_in_Doom_and_Doom_II
Great to see the enhanced updates available, finally. As others have said, I hope to see more updates and releases in the future, such as Quake Enhanced and the original Doom 3, among others!
I wonder if Doom being renamed to "Doom (1993)" will lead to anything. I mean, in order to include the enhanced version it wasn't really necessary to change the name of the original game, but it is if you're dealing with the possibility of adding another game that's also named "Doom".
park_84: I wonder if Doom being renamed to "Doom (1993)" will lead to anything. I mean, in order to include the enhanced version it wasn't really necessary to change the name of the original game, but it is if you're dealing with the possibility of adding another game that's also named "Doom".
It matches the new Steam library entry first and foremost.

I mean, I'd be delighted to see Doom 2016 here, don't get me wrong.
I note that DOOM and DOOM 2 have also been renamed at the Epic store, to the same names now in use here at GOG, so this is likely a name change done by Bethesda and not GOG.
Post edited August 19, 2022 by Timboli