It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With International Women’s Day in sight, it’s time to celebrate – celebrate femininity, the beauty of it, and everything it brings. We wouldn’t be where we are if not for incredible women around us, so we want to take the opportunity of this special day and show our appreciation!

We’re more than happy to launch our very own Female Protagonist Sale – where we aim to put a spotlight on games in which powerful women take reign and lead the storyline. The presence of female protagonists in video games has been a subject of debate for many years; while women make up nearly half of the gaming population, female representation in video games has historically been limited and often relegated to stereotypical or sexualized roles. However, recent years have seen a significant increase in the number of female protagonists in video games – which has had a positive impact on both players and the industry as a whole. If you haven’t already, you can now join all the brave heroines on their adventures to see what girls are really capable of – before our sale ends, on March 14th, 8 AM UTC!

Some of the titles you can find during this sale are:
Tomb Raider GOTY (-80%)
Beyond: Two Souls (-50%)
Ion Fury (-60%)
Dishonored 2 (-80%)
The Longest Journey (-60%)
Fight'N Rage (-68%)
Black Book (-60%)

Check out the most awesome heroines of the video games world – HERE!
Mori_Yuki: I don't know what this Elliot discussion is about, but out of curiosity, how would you explain Kitty Power's games in relation to the sales theme? Female Protagonist, he is not, by any stretch of the imagination. ;-)
amok: Elliot Pge is a transgender male actor, who played Jodie Holmes in Beyond Two Souls.

I do not know anything about Kitty Power, so cannot comment. If this is a role in the game that is potrayed as female, then yes it fits.

However, it may just as well gOg doing their ususal silly and random things.
Kitty Power is a drag persona, so its very much as you said before, sometime Males play female characters. Kitty Powers is a female character played by the male Rich Franke, so her (the character's) place as a female protagonist is valid.
Mori_Yuki: I don't know what this Elliot discussion is about, but out of curiosity, how would you explain Kitty Power's games in relation to the sales theme? Female Protagonist, he is not, by any stretch of the imagination. ;-)
foad01: It is a dating sim. You can choose to play as a woman or a man and date someone.
I thought you were supposed to be playing as Kitty Powers. Then, if that is the case, yes, it fits. Thanks for your answer.

mechmouse: Kitty Power is a drag persona, so its very much as you said before, sometime Males play female characters. Kitty Powers is a female character played by the male Rich Franke, so her (the character's) place as a female protagonist is valid.
When you are playing as either a male or female character, as foad suggested, and not as Kitty Powers directly, while you are saying that the player takes over Kitty's role, which is it?
Post edited March 06, 2024 by Mori_Yuki
amok: Elliot Pge is a transgender male actor, who played Jodie Holmes in Beyond Two Souls.

I do not know anything about Kitty Power, so cannot comment. If this is a role in the game that is potrayed as female, then yes it fits.

However, it may just as well gOg doing their ususal silly and random things.
mechmouse: Kitty Power is a drag persona, so its very much as you said before, sometime Males play female characters. Kitty Powers is a female character played by the male Rich Franke, so her (the character's) place as a female protagonist is valid.
cheers, thats perfectly fine then. the role is female, so female protagonist is not a problem
Post edited March 06, 2024 by amok
foad01: It is a dating sim. You can choose to play as a woman or a man and date someone.
Mori_Yuki: I thought you were supposed to be playing as Kitty Powers. Then, if that is the case, yes, it fits. Thanks for your answer.
To be more precise here, you work for Kitty Powers' dating agency. At the beginning you can chose how you look like. You can play as a bald dude if you like. Then your job is to find dating matches for your clients. The dates are then some mini games. With successful dates you earn reputation and so on.
Post edited March 06, 2024 by foad01
Mori_Yuki: When you are playing as either a male or female character, as foad suggested, and not as Kitty Powers directly, while you are saying that the player takes over Kitty's role, which is it?
exactly the same as if a male player plays a game staring Lara Croft and takes her role

edit - but looking at all the other replies here, non of this applies as it seems like you play as a player created cahracter, not as Kitty Power, if I read this correct - she is an NPC in this game, so all this is moot
Post edited March 06, 2024 by amok
high rated
Transistor is a good game.
Mori_Yuki: When you are playing as either a male or female character, as foad suggested, and not as Kitty Powers directly, while you are saying that the player takes over Kitty's role, which is it?
amok: exactly the same as if a male player plays a game staring Lara Croft and takes her role

edit - but looking at all the other replies here, non of this applies as it seems like you play as a player created cahracter, not as Kitty Power, if I read this correct - she is an NPC in this game, so all this is moot
Thank you, that's exactly what I was asking for and wanted to know. So, as I've already said, everything's fine and my original question answered. :-)
high rated
amok: Same as the person the actor is, is NOT the same as the person the actor plays as.
Are you telling me that Anthony Hopkins is NOT actually a cannibal?
high rated
Awesome :D once again women sale, although apparently it's still very scary to some people :D
high rated
SargonAelther: This would have been a perfect pairing for new releases, such as:
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
American McGee's Alice
Drakan: Order of the Flame
No One Lives Forever trilogy
etc
I add NieR:Automata to the list. One of the wishlist entries has more than 5000 votes.
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/nier_automata
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/nierautomata

And maybe Forspoken although some people here won't like it.
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/forspoken
I don't see Kathy Rain: Director's Cut or Whispers of a Machine in the list of offers .
foad01: I add NieR:Automata to the list. One of the wishlist entries has more than 5000 votes.
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/nier_automata
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/nierautomata

And maybe Forspoken although some people here won't like it.
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/forspoken
I'd buy both Nier and Forspoken. Forspoken actually removed Denuvo too.
amok: Same as the person the actor is, is NOT the same as the person the actor plays as.
SargonAelther: Are you telling me that Anthony Hopkins is NOT actually a cannibal?
Correct

But Shia LaBeouf is....
Forty years ago:

[url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_and_video_games#/media/File:Roberta-Williams-The-Dark-Crystal-1983.jpg"]Roberta-Williams-The-Dark-Crystal-1983.jpg[/url]

Edit: no chance to fix formatting, sorry!
Post edited March 06, 2024 by i_ni
TR Rise and TR Shadow; Bayonetta (more realistic than Alice series and of course NOLF series unfortunately)