It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: H1 2023 financials are out now:
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/result-center/
Due to the weakest Q2 results in 5 years, GOG posted revenue for the H1 period in the amount of ~84 million zloty and a net loss of 141 thousand zloty.
Well, it was nice knowing (most of) you guys.
SCPM: Due to the weakest Q2 results in 5 years, GOG posted revenue for the H1 period in the amount of ~84 million zloty and a net loss of 141 thousand zloty.
Oh my, that's not good.

I had thought that the tons of AO games that GOG has been releasing over the past couple of years were the factor that was causing GOG to start making at least some marginal amounts of profits consistently.

But apparently it was not.
SCPM: Due to the weakest Q2 results in 5 years, GOG posted revenue for the H1 period in the amount of ~84 million zloty and a net loss of 141 thousand zloty.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Oh my, that's not good.

I had thought that the tons of AO games that GOG has been releasing over the past couple of years were the factor that was causing GOG to start making at least some marginal amounts of profits consistently.

But apparently it was not.
Wait this year in the 1st semester, he didn't have much in the way of important releases. Wrecfest and dawn of war.

Yakuza is certainly not counted because it was released during the summer sales which lasted until July. Don't think they counted the summer sales in the financial statement.
What is not good for GOG are the always experts for everything, the masters of economy, the lovers of their own voice saying unproven nonsenses in this forum.

Do you know guys what a good company is? GOG is Ethical, legal and confident

If there is Profit it is good. Period
Post edited August 30, 2023 by Gudadantza
high rated
Gudadantza: What is not good for GOG are the always experts for everything, the masters of economy, the lovers of their own voice saying unproven nonsenses in this forum.
Mindless fanboys demanding an echo chamber are never great for any website either... It's hardly "unproven nonsense" when they're quoting directly from CDPR's own financial report on their website. Also, no one above is hating on GOG or welcoming bad news. The way you constantly jump down people's throats just for talking normally on absolutely anything short of constant gushing praise makes it sound like you "love the sound of your own voice" even more.

Gudadantza: If there is Profit it is good. Period
They made a loss though (page 22). It sounds like you're not even reading what you're demanding other "shut up" about, ie, trolling...
That's too bad. I really liked the idea of GOG continuing and even upping the "minimum guarantees" strategy to get more significant games here (that they wouldn't otherwise be able to get); I assume that will continue despite this setback. I do feel like there's been a pattern at least the last few years of GOG not having many significant releases until around the Summer Sale (Jan to May often felt barren, if my memories are correct), but I assume at the same time they've always managed to generate a small profit each half or quarter.

I doubt GOG managed to piss off enough people the past six months for it to really affect their financial situation. Though games having trouble getting updates does still bother me and I wouldn't buy brand new games here (if I cared about hardly any new games).

In any case, a good reminder to backup your games; I need to double-check mine soon.
Gudadantza: What is not good for GOG are the always experts for everything, the masters of economy, the lovers of their own voice saying unproven nonsenses in this forum.
BrianSim: Mindless fanboys demanding an echo chamber are never great for any website either... It's hardly "unproven nonsense" when they're quoting directly from CDPR's own financial report on their website. Also, no one above is hating on GOG or welcoming bad news. The way you constantly jump down people's throats just for talking normally on absolutely anything short of constant gushing praise makes it sound like you "love the sound of your own voice" even more.

Gudadantza: If there is Profit it is good. Period
BrianSim: They made a loss though (page 22). It sounds like you're not even reading what you're demanding other "shut up" about, ie, trolling...
The classic one, only enabled in the negative, like bots

Blah blah blah

Go where your expectations are fit
high rated
Gudadantza: Blah blah blah
^ So mindless trolling / attention seeking it is then... People talk about financials all the time for many companies, Microsoft, Tesla, Intel, AMD, Boeing, Airbus, etc. You need to grow up and stop hating on other forum members who are holding a perfectly normal conversation just because it involves facts you don't want to hear and want to "play ostrich". I don't like it when GOG makes a loss, but burying your head in the sand and demanding everyone else follow suit then yelling "shut up, shut up" when they don't isn't going to change a damn thing. Nor does it reflect on you at all in any positive way.
Post edited August 30, 2023 by BrianSim
Gudadantza: Blah blah blah
BrianSim: ^ So mindless trolling / attention seeking it is then... People talk about financials all the time for many companies, Microsoft, Tesla, Intel, AMD, Boeing, Airbus, etc. You need to grow up and stop hating on other forum members who are holding a perfectly normal conversation just because it involves facts you don't want to hear and want to "play ostrich". I don't like it when GOG makes a loss, but burying your head in the sand and demanding everyone else follow suit isn't going to change anything.
Blah blah blah

What the fuck are you talking about troll

Everybody knows you
high rated
Anybody: >posts some facts<

Gudadantza: FAKE NEWS! >rage and insults<

Oh man, blind fanboys are a hoot.

Gudadantza: GOG is Ethical,
JJJamesonMockingLaugh.mp4
Breja: Anybody: >posts some facts<

Gudadantza: FAKE NEWS! >rage and insults<

Oh man, blind fanboys are a hoot.

Gudadantza: GOG is Ethical,
Breja: JJJamesonMockingLaugh.mp4
And here comes the reinforcements

The real fact is that GOG makes profit and what some of you can`t stand with it is exactly that

Again one elaborated troll is defending another not so elaborated troll

you guys are not anymore, going to spend the time of my life. this conversation aside, obviously. My wish is that people be really awake and defended of this everyday garbage

What happened to you? GOG didn't tak to you? They killed you hamster virtually? If you want a friend adopt a dog
Gudadantza: And here comes the reinforcements

The real fact is that GOG makes profit and what some of you can`t stand with it is exactly that

you guys are not anymore, going to spend the time of my life. this conversation aside, obviously. My wish is that people be really awake and defended of this everyday garbage

What happened to you? GOG didn't tak to you? They killed you hamster virtually? If you want a friend adopt a dog
What are you even on about? No one here is cheering for GOG's demise. SCPM linked the company's own financial report. And you jumped out talking about "unproven nonsenses" and insulting people for no reason. You're acting like a crazy person and a total jerk.
Gudadantza: And here comes the reinforcements

Breja: What are you even on about? No one here is cheering for GOG's demise. SCPM linked the company's own financial report. And you jumped out talking about "unproven nonsenses" and insulting people for no reason. You're acting like a crazy person and a total jerk.
You do not believe a word you are saying

You are here for bebunking, period

You are don't understanding a word about those finantial report but you, as usual, triggers if some meat is fresh

If the the profit is negative some of you will be here like vultures
If the profit is positive some of you will be here because it is not enough, like crows

There we have the old GOG guard, the defenders of the roots.
Breja: What are you even on about? No one here is cheering for GOG's demise. SCPM linked the company's own financial report. And you jumped out talking about "unproven nonsenses" and insulting people for no reason. You're acting like a crazy person and a total jerk.
Gudadantza: You do not believe a word you are saying

You are here for bebunking, period

You are don't understanding a word about those finantial report but you, as usual, triggers if some meat is fresh

If the the profit is negative some of you will be here like vultures
If the profit is positive some of you will be here because it is not enough, like crows

There we have the old GOG guard, the defenders of the roots.
Are you... ok? I don't really remember you ever acting like that before. Nor having such poor command of English, for that matter.
meh
It's just the first half and doesn't tell the whole story especially as seeing they're not incorporating some sales into it from the Cyberpunk DLC. I mean 5 years ago it was worse and it was apparently a profitable year so I'd rather wait and see what happens before going all doom and gloom.