It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

They should threaten to remove more games. That usually convinces me to cough up full price :(
blotunga: Your guess is as good as mine. Galaxy? Higher cut to publishers?
I remember them saying something about giving a higher cut to publishers in future. If that actually started in 2018, that would certainly explain it.
Basically, GOG would be doing fine if there wouldn't be Gwent. Somehow Gwent gets combined with GOG in the financial reports. At some point they will be over Gwent and then the reports will give a more accurate picture of selling DRM free games. It's interesting, that a single self-produced game can drag them down so much.
Trilarion: Basically, GOG would be doing fine if there wouldn't be Gwent. Somehow Gwent gets combined with GOG in the financial reports. At some point they will be over Gwent and then the reports will give a more accurate picture of selling DRM free games. It's interesting, that a single self-produced game can drag them down so much.
I specifically avoided Thronebreaker because of its associations with GWENT, particularly the fact that GWENT content was/is included as a bonus. Wonder if I am not the only one.
According to the calendar, results for H1 2019 should be available Thursday, August 29th, and a livestream conference, chat, and Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay stream with the devs will be on Friday, August 30th according to this tweet:
https://twitter.com/DPackowski/status/1164855214068969472
Financials for the 1st half were released today...
GoG has turned around the 1st quarter loss.
What was a 1,520,000 PLN loss is now a 643,000 PLN profit for the first half of the year meaning the 2nd quarter made 2,163,000 PLN profit.

Year to Year:
Sales Revenues: 81,108,000 PLN vs. 64,575,000 in the first half of 2018
Gross Profit: 23,695,000 PLN vs. 19,873,000 PLN
Net Profit: 643,000 vs. a loss of 1,178,000 PLN for the first half of 2018.

Generally looking good.

cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2019/08/consolidated-financial-statement-for-h1-2019.pdf
Diablo and warcraft probably really boosted the number of new people coming to the store
lukaszthegreat: Diablo and warcraft probably really boosted the number of new people coming to the store
Getting more games to a store brings customers in? Who knew!

Seriously, CDP Red needs to get a wider variety of content here, and work with more publishers... Maybe stop rejecting games people are looking forward to.
RawSteelUT: Getting more games to a store brings customers in? Who knew!

Seriously, CDP Red needs to get a wider variety of content here, and work with more publishers... Maybe stop rejecting games people are looking forward to.
I don't think the games GOG rejects would make that much of a difference. Getting unobtainable classics would. Ie: old Star Trek games etc.
Good to see things getting back on track.

lukaszthegreat: Diablo and warcraft probably really boosted the number of new people coming to the store
Preorders for Cyberpunk were announced mid-June, so those would be included as well.
Post edited August 30, 2019 by ConsulCaesar
RWarehall: ...meaning the 2nd quarter made 2,163,000 PLN profit....
And that means about $500,000, right?

I tried looking through the linked pdf, and I'm utterly confused...
Post edited August 30, 2019 by MadalinStroe
RWarehall: ...meaning the 2nd quarter made 2,163,000 PLN profit....
MadalinStroe: And that means about $500,000, right?

I tried looking through the linked pdf, and I'm utterly confused...
Yes, about that, a little more $544,913.78 of today's exchange rate and an overall profit of $161,987.77 for the half.
3rd quarter 2019 results are out now:
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/result-center/
"In the third quarter of 2019 the CD PROJEKT Capital Group posted 92.9 million PLN in sales revenues, with a net profit of 14.9 million PLN."
Profits were higher than analysts' expectations but down from the previous year. Although Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders have been open, revenues from other distributors may not be realized until the game releases.
Additionally, GOG Galaxy 2.0 is more popular with gamers than expected, and has better retention rates than the previous version of the client.
Post edited November 22, 2019 by SCPM
Sounds pretty good, all things considered.
RawSteelUT: Getting more games to a store brings customers in? Who knew!

blotunga: I don't think the games GOG rejects would make that much of a difference. Getting unobtainable classics would. Ie: old Star Trek games etc.
Getting them is a struggle in general, then marketing them is another struggle they suffer from. It's not an easy road to walk on if you've got the wrong shoes