It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem with this game. I downloaded it, and it says it was installed successfully, but when I click on Launch, or Play, it says:

Application Exception: Abort

All I can do at that point, is click on "Ok".

What does this "Abort" message mean, and what can I do to fix it it?

I went back and Installed it again, but with the same message. The game was free, when I downloaded it. I haven't checked to see if it's STILL free, but with my luck, it's not anymore....
I guess, someone will tell me that I need to download it again...."sigh"....
joanofark06: The game was free, when I downloaded it. I haven't checked to see if it's STILL free, but with my luck, it's not anymore....
If you got it once, you have it always. It's in your library. It's yours now.

That is unlikely to help. If the download were corrupted, I'd expect the installer to catch that. It sounds like the game is just crashing, so without knowing more I can only recommend you try the setup and change the renderer or some other options, try whatever compatibility mode your system has, or try another OS. Maybe others can help you better if you tell us what harware & OS you're running.
joanofark06: Hi, I'm experiencing a problem with this game. I downloaded it, and it says it was installed successfully, but when I click on Launch, or Play, it says:

Application Exception: Abort

All I can do at that point, is click on "Ok".

What does this "Abort" message mean, and what can I do to fix it it?

I went back and Installed it again, but with the same message. The game was free, when I downloaded it. I haven't checked to see if it's STILL free, but with my luck, it's not anymore....
Which OS are you using?
I had to do this already mentioned here
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_carmageddon_max_damage_and_tdr_2000_2f17d/post47
And this to make missions work:
https://www.gog.com/forum/carmageddon_series/how_to_remove_mip_filter