It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gearmos: The problem with boycotting GOG is that there really is no DRM-Free alternative.
The first alternative when it comes to digital copies of content is always not supporting the industry at all, so "piracy" if you still really want the stuff or doing without otherwise, as it's not something essential.
joppo: Also it was funny (in a sad way) to see one guy claim you were overreacting because the regional prices would affect 3 (three!!) games in the entire store!! :-)
Never bet against the slippery slope argument with GOG. Yet plenty still call out anyone making it, though it's proven that it's how they work time and time again.
low rated
Gearmos: The problem with boycotting GOG is that there really is no DRM-Free alternative.
Cavalary: The first alternative when it comes to digital copies of content is always not supporting the industry at all, so "piracy" if you still really want the stuff or doing without otherwise, as it's not something essential.
joppo: Also it was funny (in a sad way) to see one guy claim you were overreacting because the regional prices would affect 3 (three!!) games in the entire store!! :-)
Cavalary: Never bet against the slippery slope argument with GOG. Yet plenty still call out anyone making it, though it's proven that it's how they work time and time again.
As long as you don't live in a 3rd world slum yet and can support developers making good games that you enjoy, piracy is not a good option. Some people look at a DRM free game and consider it a completely free game and who could stop them?
Still, if I were not willing to hold up my end of the deal, I would have no right to complain about game developers screwing me over, either. All this is supposed to be is a fair exchange. Negative forces on both sides create problems that need not exist and make the industry as a whole worse for everyone.
TencentInvestor: As long as you don't live in a 3rd world slum yet and can support developers making good games that you enjoy, piracy is not a good option. Some people look at a DRM free game and consider it a completely free game and who could stop them?
Still, if I were not willing to hold up my end of the deal, I would have no right to complain about game developers screwing me over, either. All this is supposed to be is a fair exchange. Negative forces on both sides create problems that need not exist and make the industry as a whole worse for everyone.
As stated before: DRMs only hurts people that actually buy the game.
Time4Tea: (...)
22) D.Keys
(...)
(current as of post #832)
@Time4Tea: Sorry to ask that, but, maybe I wasn't clear when I said something about being sympathetic to the cause.
Im not sympathetic to this type of boycott, but to the cause agaisn't C-country dominance, I request humbly that you remove my name from the list. Thank you and sorry for the misunderstanding.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_its_time_for_you_to_reflect/post38

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post826
Post edited January 29, 2021 by D.Keys
high rated
joelandsonja: I'm also a HUGE fan of the Galaxy service and would like to see them focus primarily on this software. I realize that there are those who choose not to use it, but that doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.
I'm not a fan of Galaxy and would rather them not focus on it at all. I realise that there are those who choose to like it but that doesn't mean that the rest of us should suffer from GOG wasting money developing it. Perhaps they could charge Galaxy users a bit more.
TencentInvestor: If I were not willing to hold up my end of the deal, I would have no right to complain about game developers screwing me over, either. All this is supposed to be is a fair exchange.
The bigger you are, the closer the scrutiny and the higher the standards should be. If nothing else, because your behavior has that much more of an impact. So a simple, lone user can well demand that all others in the chain (in this case, store, publisher, developer) do their part and show that goodwill before they do.
Now if you have the means, both financial and technical, to pay for a game that hasn't been abandoned in a broken or incomplete state, wasn't restricted from being sold by the publisher or developer DRM-free in any store that showed any interest in selling it as such, has update and feature parity in all stores it's sold in, and is sold for a reasonable price, and either at the same price regardless of the customer's location or only offering discounts for poorer regions, without differences between the better off regions and definitely without having poorer regions pay more than wealthy ones, and yet still choose to "pirate" it, that's unethical. If any of those conditions is false, however, "pirating" is a fair method of protesting, of sending a message, from where I'm standing. Though, of course, the protest/boycott should be active, spelling out why you didn't actually purchase the game, otherwise it may well be seen as just grabbing it for free and not supporting the devs because you could, and rightfully so.
low rated
Bwahahahahahahahaha....so many entitled cry babies in this thread.
boycotting GOG/CDPR for eternity

they can't even handle the trainride after ordering the ticket.
they run away like a little kid and block you in every way they can because that is what scammers do once they get called what they are
high rated
xXJayeDuBXx: Bwahahahahahahahaha....so many entitled cry babies in this thread.
Yes, I am entitled. I am entitled to decide how I spend my money and who I spend it with. I am also entitled to provide feedback on an open forum to a store I am a customer of, to let them know why I am stopping spending my money there. I am entitled to have an opinion and to voice that opinion.

So yeah, go ahead and call me entitled. Although, I prefer to think of it as empowered, as a consumer.
low rated
Shendue: I wanted to let others know that, in my own country, Italy, the Videogame Archive of the Cineteca di Bologna foundation has acquired a copy of Devotion for historical preservation, making it available to the public:

https://www.facebook.com/AVideoludico/posts/2442830032488216
Maybe they should open up a store...
I am buying A LOT less on GOG - even when discounted - because GOG has not furnished a proper alternative to the GOG downloader functionality when retiring the app !
Prior my attitude in general was 'Why not buy' ? when there were a sale or offer at GOG ,
where now my attitude is 'Why Buy' ?
meaning that now I only buy when discount is extremely high... And even that will stop because I simply do not get my games downloaded without the GOG Downloader to do the job for me !!!
xXJayeDuBXx: Bwahahahahahahahaha....so many entitled cry babies in this thread.
Time4Tea: Yes, I am entitled. I am entitled to decide how I spend my money and who I spend it with. I am also entitled to provide feedback on an open forum to a store I am a customer of, to let them know why I am stopping spending my money there. I am entitled to have an opinion and to voice that opinion.

So yeah, go ahead and call me entitled. Although, I prefer to think of it as empowered, as a consumer.
-Second Request-
Time4Tea: (...)
22) D.Keys
(...)
(current as of post #832)
@Time4Tea: Sorry to ask that, but, maybe I wasn't clear when I said something about being sympathetic to the cause.
Im not sympathetic to this type of boycott, but to the cause agaisn't C-country dominance, I request humbly that you remove my name from the list. Thank you and sorry for the misunderstanding.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_its_time_for_you_to_reflect/post38

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post826
joppo: This time however, no one benefits from Gog shitting on their principles and pathologically lying to their customers.
Sadly, I'm not sure this is entirely true. Quoting someone who posted against the boycott above: "I'm also a HUGE fan of the Galaxy service and would like to see them focus primarily on this software." (my emphasis). I expect such a person welcomes things like galaxy-only rewards, galaxy-only giveaways, more up-to-date galaxy installers, etc.
D.Keys: @Time4Tea: Sorry to ask that, but, maybe I wasn't clear when I said something about being sympathetic to the cause.
Sure, it's no problem. I just removed you from the list. Sorry, from your previous posts, I had the impression you were sympathetic.
mrkgnao: Sadly, I'm not sure this is entirely true. Quoting someone who posted against the boycott above: "I'm also a HUGE fan of the Galaxy service and would like to see them focus primarily on this software." (my emphasis). I expect such a person welcomes things like galaxy-only rewards, galaxy-only giveaways, more up-to-date galaxy installers, etc.
Honestly, I'm neutral about the Galaxy client.

On the negative side, all those store-provided integration for multiplayer matchmaking support are probably contributing to a drop in LAN support (though that might have been inevitable, maybe its the end of an era, at least we still have same-screen coop in many games... its kind of weird to me that people would prefer to play online with strangers than with their friends and family in the intimacy of their home, but to each his own I guess).

On the plus side, there might be games that wouldn't make their way here if there wasn't some kind of steam-like features available that they can integrate to.

Personally, I couldn't care less about achievements, cloud saves and all that other candy. I don't use the client at all and as long as I can get my offline installer, I'm good. If other people get added value from these things, good for them.
Post edited January 30, 2021 by Magnitus
high rated
I thought I'd keep a record of games I would definitely have bought, were it not for the boycott.

GAMES NOT BOUGHT IN 2021
(1) 18/1/21: Dread Nautical - $10
(2) 18/1/21: Operencia: The Stolen Sun - $15
(3) 29/1/21: Way of the Samurai 3 Deluxe - $2.5
(4) 29/1/21: Way of the Samurai 4 + DLC - $3.5

Total so far: $31 (rounded)
Post edited January 30, 2021 by mrkgnao