It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
And where the heck's my Bloodstained update, GOG? They added classic mode and the Two Kingdoms crossover. I'd very much like to play those.
Also, one big pet peeve I have had about GOG since the beginning of time was their failure to add sequels to games they already released on the platform.

Where the heck is Ori and The Will Of The Whisps?
Where is BlazBlue 2-however many they made?
Where's the second Anima game?

What company in their right mind releases the first game and never the rest? I've been waiting for years for some of these games to come to GOG and I'm bringing them money! Isn't that what you want as a business? Money?

I have all this money for you, but I still have to wait for an undetermined amount of time in order to get sequels to games I bought on here and enjoyed.

Where's the second and third part? It's not here.

It's not here. And that's the problem. If I was in charge, I'd fix this mess.

Boss: "The second part of Goober's Quest came out today. Why isn't it on my platform?"

Employee: "Well, you see... There was a lot to do today and..."

Boss: "You know, in all the excuses you've given me, there was enough time to email the developers and get this train rolling."

Employee: "Sure sir... But!"

Boss (Puts hand to ear) : You hear that? No? It's because the train isn't moving. You've derailed my train on the tracks with all your excuses. Get that game on here and let's sell some copies. We're here to make money and please gamers. Your excuses can wait."

And then, like magic - the game would appear. As well as several others on the community wishlist. I never understood why GOG only puts out one or two games a day. Steam puts up several day. I think other competitors do the same. They need to stop giving us just one game a day. There are too many games out there for that.

You see it says 2014 right? I've been here a long time. I'm just ready for a better, more efficient GOG. Again, it has been fifteen days since a worthwhile game has released this month. What the heck is going on?
Post edited January 15, 2021 by thefallenalchemist
low rated
Orkhepaj: and you are wrong
there is objective morality, and it was proven many times already
thefallenalchemist: Again, there is no such thing as objective morality. It is considered immoral to eat people, yet there are cultures and tribes who do it all the time. You can go to those cultures and tell them they're immoral, they won't care and they will just eat you as well.
and you just proved me right
your example clearly shows that there is objective morality
the only ones who still eat humans are very few fringe primitive tribes in the middle of nowhere no more than some hundreds people at most , compared to 6b+ people don't eat human and consider it immoral
+1 to boycotting also with refund of everything I could at least until CCP situation is given a clear explanation.
thefallenalchemist: It is considered immoral to eat people, yet there are cultures and tribes who do it all the time. You can go to those cultures and tell them they're immoral, they won't care and they will just eat you as well.
Again, just because some people think it's not immoral doesn't make it so. Obviously the outcome of that path is that nothing is objective (which may well be true).

thefallenalchemist: We are dealing with women here and that's like trying to figure out a rubicks cube designed by the devil. She can tell you she wants you one day, and then the next day you're a rapist because she changed her mind. Yes, this is very much a thing. When you bring women and rape into this conversation, it muddies the waters entirely.
Yes some women claim to have been raped when they haven't, and that's a terrible thing to do (or not, if morality is subjective?). But that also doesn't make rape ok. And what's all this about bringing women into it? Do women not exist as people who deserve fair treatment, or are we just some subspecies to be discussed and confuse things for men?

thefallenalchemist: Let's just ignore all of this because we are just going to go round and round, I'll get called all the things and nothing will become of it. So without further ado, let us please go back to this boycotting nonsense... I mean, boycotting business. Slip of the tongue there.
I have not called you anything. If you're saying the boycott is nonsense it seems less like you're keen to get back to it and more like you know you're wrong and eager to have the last word. Having said that, I do feel guilty dragging what I believe to be an important subject and a good job by Time4Tea off topic so I'm willing to ignore it if you are.
thefallenalchemist: Where's the second and third part? It's not here.

It's not here. And that's the problem. If I was in charge, I'd fix this mess.

Boss: "The second part of Goober's Quest came out today. Why isn't it on my platform?"

Employee: "Well, you see... The publisher DOES NOT WANT TO PUBLISH THE GAME HERE..."

Boss: "Ah, ok."
Reading this forum, I am surprised that this wish hasn't got more entries by now: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/tell_the_gog_team_we_arent_appreciating_their_work_anymore
g00dbye: +1 to boycotting also with refund of everything I could at least until CCP situation is given a clear explanation.
You guys are threatening my 600+ game library I have on GOG with this boycott.
thefallenalchemist: And where the heck's my Bloodstained update, GOG? They added classic mode and the Two Kingdoms crossover. I'd very much like to play those.
Bloodstained got its update. Cool your jets.

g00dbye: +1 to boycotting also with refund of everything I could at least until CCP situation is given a clear explanation.
First off that would be impossible because of so many users having so many games. Also Majority of games that users have are well past the refund period. 2nd of all I don't want anything to happen to the games I bought and paid for. Finally boycotting rarely works if like ever because there is not enough people for them to respond to. Sure there are quite a few angry customers who got really upset that they were lied to. I know how they feel I hate being lied to as well but that isn't enough to to put pressure on CDRP unfortunately as that sounds its the way it is. The lawsuits on the other hand might do something.
Post edited January 15, 2021 by Fender_178
low rated
Elmofongo: You guys are threatening my 600+ game library I have on GOG with this boycott.
You mean the library of offline installers you can safely back up and that's the whole point? I think you'll be fine.
low rated
Elmofongo: You guys are threatening my 600+ game library I have on GOG with this boycott.
Breja: You mean the library of offline installers you can safely back up and that's the whole point? I think you'll be fine.
Do you think I can download all 600 games and have the space for it? Especially with some of them coming in more then 50 GB in size?

Gonna have to buy at least 5 external hardrives with 500 GB inside
I have 765 games, I'm still not in the mood to help GOG stay afloat.
low rated
ReynardFox: I have 765 games, I'm still not in the mood to help GOG stay afloat.
I need them to stay afloat to still have access to these 600+ games.
low rated
ReynardFox: I have 765 games, I'm still not in the mood to help GOG stay afloat.
Elmofongo: I need them to stay afloat to still have access to these 600+ games.
Guess what; all those games have been reuploaded somewhere else. They call it piracy, but when business fails, it's normal people with resources who save media. You payed for them to keep their developers alive (or any other sentiment), not for access. Corporations can do whatever the hell they want with games: they can revoke your access for any reason, they can remove the original releases from their store, they can even back out on selling a game the same day they announced it...

We all should think a bit hard about the consequences of these "handy" services before going on a buying spree.
Post edited January 15, 2021 by Setilla
Breja: You mean the library of offline installers you can safely back up and that's the whole point? I think you'll be fine.
Three points I'd like to make:

1) I agree with Breja. Part of the point of DRM-free is not being tied to one particular service. I know 600 games are a lot to back up, but you could prioritize the games you value most and back those up first. There are other options besides hard drives - physical media, cloud storage on a different service, for example. If you backup a few games at a time, you can gradually chip through it.

2) Backing up your installers anyway is a good thing to do. Even if GOG don't go under, part of the reason for this boycott is a concern that, the way they seem to be going, they may at some point remove the offline installers entirely. If that ever happens, then you would be much more tied to GOG and their client to access your games.

3) This boycott is not calling for GOG to fail. I like GOG and I want to continue buying games here in the future. But, I strongly dislike the direction the store is going in with their recent decisions and I see this as a way to send a message and try to apply some pressure to get them to change course, before things get even worse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated first post to post #480.

51 people boycotting (with 12 sympathisers). Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far. I hadn't expected we would get this many and its encouraging to see there are others who also feel GOG is moving in the wrong direction with their recent decisions.
Post edited January 15, 2021 by Time4Tea